Any idea if 64GB will be the max space?

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I highly doubt it. I would almost say absolutely not. The demand for the 64 GB version is very low. I don't think they will up capacity when demand for the biggest thing now is low. They do it on the iPad because people use those to replace computers. The iPhone is not a computer replacement, Apple sees it as a necessary compliment.

This. I have a 64GB iPhone currently, and when I tell people this, they usually reply... "whoa... what do you need all that storage space for?"
Not to mention, I don't personally know anyone with a 64GB model as well. I'm sure in time as more storage space is needed by the average consumer, there will be a need for iPhones with more storage.

svfd757

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This. I have a 64GB iPhone currently, and when I tell people this, they usually reply... "whoa... what do you need all that storage space for?"
Not to mention, I don't personally know anyone with a 64GB model as well. I'm sure in time as more storage space is needed by the average consumer, there will be a need for iPhones with more storage.

Again, I think the reason not many folks have the 64gig version is simply the price. Do you really think that no one wants 64gigs of space? $400 on contract is just too much for most people. Lower the price and the demand will increase

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Storage space is important. Games, app, media? Yea, the more storage, the better. And since these phones can theoretically last ppl 2 or more years, it only makes sense to future proof it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Shisha Smoker

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
As someone who owns a 64GB iphone and 64GB ipad, I would say it is not really what i look for in the new iphone to have 128GB, considering it would be so unnecessary and it would be bulkier and probably consume more battery life (maybe not but still). on the ipad however, well its nice to have that space if you really need it. currently my iphone has around 35GB of music in it and 4GB or so of space has been taken by the apps. I don't take pictures with my phone. i have got however some of my favorite shows in it (the stuff that you watch again and again like Arrested development lol) and that is about 9GB or so. i look forward to better features in the new iphone rather than space per say. my contract is for 12 months with vodafone which is going to expire in October of this year, and i am definitely getting the new iphone in 64GB version.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Being new to the iPhone I made the mistake of getting the 16g but decided today the few gigs I have left will hold me off till I stand in the sheep bin to buy my 64g new iPhone 5s or whatever it will be at full price already have most of the money saved. Yes folks I'm all in...on under and above the bandwagon. I might even be the driver someday

Sent from my iPhone 5

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to guess -- with no backing whatsoever -- that if the top of the line goes to 128 GB, the entry-level one will rise to 32 GB.

Like what happened with the latest generation of MacBook Airs.

Are we there yet? Coin-flip. It was with the 4Ses that we saw the last expansion -- first 64 GB model, no 8 GB model.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
For people who have big music and photo libraries it would be perfect. I like having all my music with me so I always go with the biggest size iPhone. I'd be ok with a 128gb. More the better.

abazigal

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I find that even 32gb can get used up fast in a heartbeat.

Once, I used my iphone to record myself teaching in the classroom. 45 minutes of footage already took up almost 8gb of storage. Then I wanted to try editing it using imovie on my iphone. Opening the clip in imovie took up another 8gb of storage. Editing and exporting it took another few gb. I was left with barely over 1gb of storage after the entire incident.

There is also talk of Apple possibly bundling the dictation software in IOS, which already takes up 700mb in OSX. If they are including more Siri software in the OS, that would take up more storage, making the 16gb option much less desirable.

I hope they do away with the 16gb option for the 5s, and price the 32gb phone as the entry level option.

davidliu

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
As tech advances & apps keep up with the latest updates, its not far-fetched there will surely be a 128gb and even 256gb in the future:D
Even now we are looking at files demanding more space (photo files becomes larger as MP goes up, game developers pushing the envelopes, etc).
As engineers advance in making their chips smaller & smaller, i don't see why we ought not to benefit from it as well hehehee!
So a larger capacity device may not mean you will be able to put more data (photos & videos for example), it simply means its a requirement to be able to take advantage of better techs, apps, and a richer experience.
As far as i am concerned, a 32gb iPhone 4s is working sufficiently for me right now. And i even skipped the iPhone 5 :)

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
As tech advances & apps keep up with the latest updates, its not far-fetched there will surely be a 128gb and even 256gb in the future:D
Even now we are looking at files demanding more space (photo files becomes larger as MP goes up, game developers pushing the envelopes, etc).
As engineers advance in making their chips smaller & smaller, i don't see why we ought not to benefit from it as well hehehee!
So a larger capacity device may not mean you will be able to put more data (photos & videos for example), it simply means its a requirement to be able to take advantage of better techs, apps, and a richer experience.
As far as i am concerned, a 32gb iPhone 4s is working sufficiently for me right now. And i even skipped the iPhone 5 :)

I know we are talking iPhone but imagine a 256gb iPad. Would be nice but the LTE-Wifi version would be priced at $1,029.....good lawd lol

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
How much storage space do you need on a phone???

How much? More than I currently have.

EE215493-7921-433A-A769-1D7632E14496-2930-0000009B7F2FBD6C.jpg

I have most of my music collection on it, and for what isn't on here I use iCloud.
When I download a new app, I have to delete one I'm not using.
I have hundreds more pictures I'd like to carry with me.
I'd like to have all my videos on here (kids, family etc) but there is no room.

I like to have all my digital stuff in my pocket, locally, but I can't quite do that. Yet.
I have a 6 gb monthly data plan which I've only exceeded once
(did I really have to stream 3 hours of WWDC2013 ?!?!).
So it's an acceptable compromise for now.
But it's not ideal. For me.
I understand that mine is not the average (mass market) use case, so I wait for more on device storage from Cupertino.
It's still a HUGE improvement over my previous 32GB 3GS. :)

I highly doubt it. I would almost say absolutely not. The demand for the 64 GB version is very low. I don't think they will up capacity when demand for the biggest thing now is low. They do it on the iPad because people use those to replace computers. The iPhone is not a computer replacement, Apple sees it as a necessary compliment.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

You are absolutely correct. Today.
Tomorrow, I hope your wrong. ;)

:p Until then, I'm waiting for my 128GB, quadruple retina, 5", charge once a week, neural interface compatible iPhone 6...7...8...9...

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm going to guess -- with no backing whatsoever -- that if the top of the line goes to 128 GB, the entry-level one will rise to 32 GB.

This is what I'm holding hope for as long as pricing remains the same. I plan on getting the
highest capacity I can for the subsidized price of $400 because I simply can use more storage
space.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The reason I ask really is that with the assumed increase in camera quality, and the assumed use of camera phone over real camera....the additional space to hold the photos would be ideal. I am definitely getting the 64GB next time even though Im not anywhere near capacity on 32, simply to have the room for additional photos available (I do use dropbox--paid as backup) though. But I'd be curious if the 128 option was around, would it sell, bec I might possibly consider it myself.

With the camera being a good as it is now I can see less and less use for a standalone point and shoot. Because of that, I would use more memory. So I would love a 128 option.

Sent from my beautiful, always-working, never-failing white iPhone 5 via Tapatalk 2...

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If the rumors hold true and they update the camera , it stands to reason they would update the iPhone 5s to 128 gb as well.

64 gb just isn't enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711