iPhone for work: Get the 5 or wait for the 5S?

AmpedPotato

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I would wait for 5S. Take, for example, the difference in the power of the 4S vs the 4. I have the 4S. My friend with his 4 can't even play GTA Vice City at a playable framerate. My 4S can with ease. Who knows if that could be the future, where something runs on 5S but not on 5. When 5S comes out, I will then evaluate whether it's worth the upgrade over the 4S. Just like I did with 4S vs 5. I decided that the 5 was not a big enough upgrade to jump on. The 5S may be the one worth waiting for.

quamdar

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Personally I'd get one now, the 5s is going to look the same as the 5 apparently so it will probably only have a few minor upgrades (camera, processor, battery life) and if you get the 5 now you can get the 6 right when it comes out which I already think will be a bigger step up.

It's obviously all just guesses at this point but that's my opinion. Plus that way you don't have to wait another 6 months still for a new phone.

mrjspeed

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the opinions. As it turns out, we haven't officially switched to iPhones yet, so I will hold out until that change is official. If it takes as long as July then I will just wait for the 5S.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the opinions. As it turns out, we haven't officially switched to iPhones yet, so I will hold out until that change is official. If it takes as long as July then I will just wait for the 5S.

You're very welcome and your decision is wise, in my opinion. Anyway, thank you for the update and enjoy the rest of your day. :D

shashankk

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I am planning to buy an iphone 5 this month but then i am confused whether to wait for 5s or not.
Please suggest the right thing to do.
One more thing, when will the iphone 5s come in the market and then will the price of iphone 5 be reduced?
What should i do?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I am planning to buy an iphone 5 this month but then i am confused whether to wait for 5s or not.
One more thing, when will the iphone 5s come in the market and then will the price of iphone 5 be reduced?
What should i do?

It is impossible for me to tell you what 'you should do' because quite frankly I am not you. I do not know what your financial situation is, what your needs in a phone are, etc.

With that said, all of the current rumors, and they are simply that, rumors, are pointing to a September announcement and subsequent release. If you are not in a dire need to replace the current device you are using, then perhaps wait what might only be another month and some change to get the newest device. Typically it is safe to say that once the next generation device is released, the price of the other devices will fall. That would be another reason why waiting may be in your best interest. But only you can decide that.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
What should i do?

It's quite possible the iphone 5 would be discontinued but probably would fall in price to get rid of any of them. It may be the 5S and 5C that are offered.

That said, you should wait til September for the launch. The fall starts 9/22. Their CFO has already mentioned they'll be talking results in October. So, I'd bet on 9/27 as the launch.