*Will the iPhone 5s make you switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
*Will the iPhone 5S make you switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

Irish Rose, I blame you for this lol. I just ordered the white 32GB S4 off Amazon.
LMAO! Congrats and enjoy that White S4 my friend.
drinking-43.gif

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: *Will the iPhone 5S make you switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

Haha what's Amazon's return policy?

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

I'll have to see. I think it might be the same 14-day policy. Be nice if it's 30 but I doubt it. Longest I've ever lasted with the S3 or S4 is 4 days lol. Prolly only need the 14 days. Ha

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I'll have to see. I think it might be the same 14-day policy. Be nice if it's 30 but I doubt it. Longest I've ever lasted with the S3 or S4 is 4 days lol. Prolly only need the 14 days. Ha

Hey Finn, besides the color choice being my fault. What made you decide to get the S4 again after you've had it in the past?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Hey Finn, besides the color choice being my fault. What made you decide to get the S4 again after you've had it in the past?

The last time I got the S4 was right after release on Verizon. They only offered the 16GB version at the time and with only 9GB useable, regardless of external storage I knew it'd only be a trial run because of that.
Once I switched to Nova Launcher, I experienced zero lag. The camera produced the best images I've ever gotten on a cell phone. And that screen....
But, I still found apps to be sub-par compared to iOS. Some favorites weren't even offered on android. I also found that it took a split second for some images to 'clarify' to full resolution when being displayed. Little nuances. But ultimately, it wasn't my 'trusty iPhone'.

Now that I know exactly what iOS 7 will be, combined with what I believe the 5S will be, I'm left at a crossroads. I'm a bit underwhelmed I guess. I need to see if the things that bothered me about the S4 were simply due to it being change. Maybe I simply caved and went back to comfortability too quickly.

And Apple is starting to tick me off. Censoring my Chive app is the latest in Apple's decisions on my behalf that leave me irritated.

Sorry for the novel :/

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
*Will the iPhone 5S make you switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

The last time I got the S4 was right after release on Verizon. They only offered the 16GB version at the time and with only 9GB useable, regardless of external storage I knew it'd only be a trial run because of that.
Once I switched to Nova Launcher, I experienced zero lag. The camera produced the best images I've ever gotten on a cell phone. And that screen....
But, I still found apps to be sub-par compared to iOS. Some favorites weren't even offered on android. I also found that it took a split second for some images to 'clarify' to full resolution when being displayed. Little nuances. But ultimately, it wasn't my 'trusty iPhone'.

Now that I know exactly what iOS 7 will be, combined with what I believe the 5S will be, I'm left at a crossroads. I'm a bit underwhelmed I guess. I need to see if the things that bothered me about the S4 were simply due to it being change. Maybe I simply caved and went back to comfortability too quickly.

And Apple is starting to tick me off. Censoring my Chive app is the latest in Apple's decisions on my behalf that leave me irritated.

Sorry for the novel :/

No worries on the Novel, I like posts that are well thought out. Does Amazon have any more of the 32GB White S4's for AT&T, or was this for Verizon only? Funny thing is, I actually ordered the White S4 for AT&T on launch day but canceled it the next day after I realized it was the 16GB version and not a 32GB.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

No worries on the Novel, I like posts that are well thought out. Does Amazon have any more of the 32GB White S4's for AT&T, or was this for Verizon only? Funny thing is, I actually ordered the White S4 for AT&T on launch day but canceled it the next day after I realized it was the 16GB version and not a 32GB.

For AT&T I'm only seeing 32GB in black on Amazon. Doesn't make much sense.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

For AT&T I'm only seeing 32GB in black on Amazon. Doesn't make much sense.

Thanks for checking. The Black 32GB model is the only one that I'm seeing through AT&T premier as well. I would think with the White being just as popular, they would carry it in both colors. I definitely don't want it in Black. I still think the S4 is a big phone after seeing it in the mall last night, but I wouldn't mind trying one out for a week either.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for checking. The Black 32GB model is the only one that I'm seeing through AT&T premier as well. I would think with the White being just as popular, they would carry it in both colors. I definitely don't want it in Black. I still think the S4 is a big phone after seeing it in the mall last night, but I wouldn't mind trying one out for a week either.

That's strange. The white is hugely popular.
At 6'7" I have huge mitts. To the point that the S4 feels normal and the 5 a bit cramped. I'm solely a one-handed typist so that did rule out the Note 2 and forth coming Note 3. I know I would miss 1) iMessage 2) tap the time to scroll to the top 3) a few apps. But I would like complete freedom of the photo galleries, being able to name my videos, bigger screen, etc. it's a mixed bag. Ugh.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

I don't care for the android OS. Not to mention the fact that it is not as stable as iOS.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Cancelled my S4 order this morning. Who am I kidding. I won't make any drastic decisions until after that 5S has spent some quality time in my hand.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Cancelled my S4 order this morning. Who am I kidding. I won't make any drastic decisions until after that 5S has spent some quality time in my hand.

Bwahahaha.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

I also own several high end Samsung phones and the lag issue you refer to isn't from the Android OS, it's from the added face over, such as in Samsung Touch Whiz is the problem. The fix is very simple, go to the Play Store and get a slick and very fast 3rd party launcher that will just about eliminate Touch Whiz without rooting and flashing a custom Rom. The bottom line is the specs in these beasts are just freaken great and with a little tuning these things are just monsters. The new Note 3 IMO is the best piece of Hardware put together for a SmartPhone. 3gb of ram, 32 & 64gb of int storage, great camera, 800 snapdragon quad core processor, the screen is just beautiful. I have the 5S and love it but also really love hacking my Androids as well. Really enjoy both OS, that Note 3 will be real fun to hack away with.
Sorry for ramping on and on. My entire point was the lag everyone that uses Iphones are very quick to point at isn't the Android OS, It's the layovers that the manufacturers slap on top of them.

Vinny

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Hello,

With the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4 and the leaked specs coming out, will this be enough for you to want upgrade to the 5S? Or do you believe the S series will be outdated when it finally does arrive as compared to the software and hardware being offered by Samsung?

Anecdotally, it appears to have gone the other direction. Apple sold over 9 million devices over the first weekend... And Gazelle has reported a 2105 increase in requests for buy back of Android phones over the same time frame.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tablet (small) and my iPad as well. I do use the Samsung for Video and my photo gallery when traveling as I can just toss it in a bag and I don't care if it gets banged up / damaged. The iPad I take more care protecting. Using both systems and once having a PocketPC Phone & even a Dell Axim I have to stick with my iPhone / iPad combo. For my needs it just works. I don't play games on it, listen to music or any of that. Work and Read is 90% of the use. It works. ps.. I don't like white anything for devices.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

Nice digging up an old thread.

Samsung would have to pay me to use a Galaxy anything.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

The iPhone 5s made me switch FROM the Galaxy S4. :laughing:

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

Why would if make me switch? The iPhone 5S has to be totally awesome because the iPhone 5 that I have is better than the S4 in my opinion

Sent from my smokin hot, white, 64 GB, iPhone 5 on AT&T wrapped in a classic black BookBook case. FTW!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2