*Will the iPhone 5s make you switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

Chadha

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: *Will the iPhone 5S make you switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

I'll stick with iPhone 5. I don't like the android touch. It's different. iPhone touch makes you feel like you have glue on your fingers

This is true. The touch of Apple products are unbeatable so far. But gotta admit after the inception of Jelly Bean Android has improved a lot. The Project Butter really did outstanding work and adorned the Android. In flat the touch on GS4 and ONE are also great. But still iPhone has edge over it because the iOS has something which makes it super responsive.

Sent from my GSIII using Tapatalk

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site

I'm holding some judgment....but I believe the 5s and the new iOS have the potential to make me look hard at android (samsung or otherwise). I've owned from the 3-5, not missing a model. As soon as I moved my music to spotify, it frees me to make a move if I find the right android phone. Htc one is close, but the camera and battery give me pause. We shall see

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

Cardfan, I was pondering for a while about what you're probably trying to implement by saying "The way things are going, the retina Mini ipad might be my next phone..." Here's what I mean: with AT&T coming out with Enhanced VoIP, and iOS' FaceTime app ability to make voice calls, you can turn your iPad or iPad mini into a phone. Enhanced VoIP = calls from data to cellular, so I can actually use a data communication service such as Skype for example (I prefer FaceTime) to call a typical (555) 555-1234 number and talk with that person even if he has no data connection, thus, voila: you have an Apple Phablet. Mind you thanks to AT&T my unlimited data is still here even with a new 2 year contract...

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm jealous of the big screen. That's not enough to get me to switch though. I'll either stick with my iphone 5, or get the 5S. I'm hoping apple wises up though and makes a bigger screen. I'm not leaving but there are people that will. Apple would be wise to read this:

The one thing Apple must do to keep me as an iPhone customer | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews

I'm with you on the big screen. It is not a deal breaker for me, but the perspective of the author of the CNET column you linked reflects a lot of consumers. A larger screen size is the direction the industry is moving and Apple needs to release an iPhone with a larger screen or it will start to fall behind.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I tried Verizon's Galaxy S4 out at their store in the Mall last night. The screen on the GS4 was absolutely gorgeous, but I think the phone itself was simply too big for me.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I tried Verizon's Galaxy S4 out at their store in the Mall last night. The screen on the GS4 was absolutely gorgeous, but I think the phone itself was simply too big for me.

The screen is nice but I hate TW and personally
I think the GS4 is ugly.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

Welcome back... I have strayed a couple of times but always come back :)

So I've been using a SGS4 for four weeks now as my daily driver. Today I have come to the conclusion that I made a mistake and I'm having buyer’s remorse. Don't get me wrong. The S4 is a really great phone, but not for me. All the cool features of the S4 are, well, cool. But they are fancy gimmicks that are not utilized on the daily. People complain that iOS is not open enough and can't customize, but Samsung basically does the same thing to a degree. I'm sure stock vanilla Android is amazing, but if you are not in the market to pay outright for a Nexus or Google Edition device, then you are using an OS that has the manufacture and phone carrier customizations ruining the experience. The SGS4 just feels like a dirty hooker, and door knob if you will. Everyone has had their turn to add what they think will make Android and the S4 better, but it actually does the opposite. That's the beauty of iOS. Apple locks it down so the OS can't be spoiled by others. The S4 hardware is great and feels solid. I never understood the cheap rear plastic argument. I will be selling the S4 and using my 4S until the 5S or whatever they call it comes out. The only thing I will miss from the S4 is that big beautiful screen.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

No I won't be switching. I enjoy the simplicity of the iPhone. iOS is solid and stable and it works for me.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

For most smartphone users its not about which phone has the latest specs or newest OS. It's about what platform gives you the experience. Apple has consistently delivered the best experience for a smartphone, even more so with each subsequent device release.

Sure, the new Sammy may have a quad core processor or 12 MP camera, but that doesn't mean it'll outperform the new iPhone. Apple builds their devices for what the OS needs to perform at top speed. Their phones don't need quad core to support the OS. Android phones are getting dual and quad cores and still having lag issues.

In the end, it's all about choosing which experience and ecosystem you want. My choice is Apple and will remain that way unless there is a better option. It's not Android, WP, and definitely not BlackBerry 10.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

I just want to bring this back up.

I like "Android phones are getting dual and quad core processors and still having lag issues." This is a great statement.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

The screen is nice but I hate TW and personally
I think the GS4 is ugly.

I guess it's a matter of personal preference because I really like the look of the White GS4. :)

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I guess it's a matter of personal preference because I really like the look of the White GS4. :)

Me too. I personally find the white S4 to be the sexiest phone out today. It's funny, cause I had the white S4 briefly and thought nothing of it. Yet, I cannot get myself to own a white iPhone. I think that is because every female I know (personally) who has an iPhone...has a white one.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I cannot get myself to own a white iPhone. I think that is because every female I know (personally) who has an iPhone...has a white one.

I love my White iPhone, lol.

egrorgia7

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

I just got done using the Droid Maxx for the past 3 days. And now back to the iPhone 5. I didn't realize how much I rely on iOS. Had many droids before this iPhone. Couldn't stand it. Glad to be back to iOS.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I just got done using the Droid Maxx for the past 3 days. And now back to the iPhone 5. I didn't realize how much I rely on iOS. Had many droids before this iPhone. Couldn't stand it. Glad to be back to iOS.

Welcome back! Hope you enjoy your new iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Irish Rose, I blame you for this lol. I just ordered the white 32GB S4 off Amazon.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Ack why Finn why?! Outright or on contract?

BAHAHA. Outright. I have one upgrade available on my mom's line so I don't affect my unlimited. I'll save that for now. I live in a world of conflict every day swarlos. I see friend after friend switch and give the ol 'why didn't I sooner' pitch. I have to give this longer than my usual 4 day trial.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

BAHAHA. Outright. I have one upgrade available on my mom's line so I don't affect my unlimited. I'll save that for now. I live in a world of conflict every day swarlos. I see friend after friend switch and give the ol 'why didn't I sooner' pitch. I have to give this longer than my usual 4 day trial.

Ok ok but when you come back fleeing I'll be waiting with open arms! 😊

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2