*Will the iPhone 5s make you switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: *Will the iPhone 5S make you switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

I hear the HTC One takes care of all of those issues with NO lag.
It's really not the HTC One that takes care of it; it's jelly bean (project butter) that takes care of it. Jelly Bean is much smoother than even Ice Cream Sandwich.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

probably not the S4, those seem kinda chintzy to me with all that plastic. The phone i would consider is the HTC One. I've been liking what i'm finding out about it.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

Nothing let alone the 5S could ever get me to buy the S4.

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

probably not the S4, those seem kinda chintzy to me with all that plastic. The phone i would consider is the HTC One. I've been liking what i'm finding out about it.

I have made up my mind. Apple 4S is going to be my last phone for awhile. May is my time to upgrade and it will be HTC or Samsung. Never owned a Samsung product before and once you slap a case on it- the plastic issue is null and void IMO.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

I hear the HTC One takes care of all of those issues with NO lag. That's what I see and hear from the youtube videos, anyway.

No lag out of the box but what about 6 months from now? Thats the problem I've had with every Android I've ever had including my Nexus 7 which, of course, always had the latest version of Android. Its frustrating because the Androids look so damn good-- so many cool features and big, beautiful screens! I'm really tempted by the One and the GS4 even though I've gone Android a few times before and always have come crawling back to my iPhone. My upgrade is in May and I just don't know if I can count on Apple to have anything spectacular to hold out for. Do I want to wait another (potentially) 6 months for a 5S when I wasn't impressed enough with the 5 to upgrade from my 4s? Ugh. It would be so helpful to know what Apple has up their sleeve! Oh what I wouldn't give for a drunken Apple engineer to leave a prototype in a bar right about now.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

With the fact that right now this iPhone being rumored and even if it went into production knowing what I have learned in recent months about Android I would say no thank you. iPhone all the way. No knock whatsoever on Android and I mean that but I love my iPhone and will continue I am sure to love the newest ones as well as the iPads. The Android platform is just not my style even though they do have great features.

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

No lag out of the box but what about 6 months from now? Thats the problem I've had with every Android I've ever had including my Nexus 7 which, of course, always had the latest version of Android. Its frustrating because the Androids look so damn good-- so many cool features and big, beautiful screens! I'm really tempted by the One and the GS4 even though I've gone Android a few times before and always have come crawling back to my iPhone. My upgrade is in May and I just don't know if I can count on Apple to have anything spectacular to hold out for. Do I want to wait another (potentially) 6 months for a 5S when I wasn't impressed enough with the 5 to upgrade from my 4s? Ugh. It would be so helpful to know what Apple has up their sleeve! Oh what I wouldn't give for a drunken Apple engineer to leave a prototype in a bar right about now.

We are both in the same damn boat.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

No. I'm skipping the SGIV.

I skipped the iPhone 5, so I'm ready for the 5S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site

No. I'm skipping the SGIV.

I skipped the iPhone 5, so I'm ready for the 5S.

Same here - skipped the iPhone 5. Will be interesting to see what they do with the 5S. Running iPhone 4 now - still going strong....

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Same here - skipped the iPhone 5. Will be interesting to see what they do with the 5S. Running iPhone 4 now - still going strong....

Isn't it amazing how well these older iPhones hold up even with the newer OS??? You don't always get that with other platforms.

BrettAU

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

Well, the Samsung GS4 didn't, but the HTC One has. When my contract is up in July that's what I'll be getting. Still enjoy my iPhone, just looking for a bigger screen and a phone I have a little more control over.

bwhardy

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

For me it's more then just the raw specs. It's the whole package, the ecosystem, the whole 9 yards. That's why I'm staying with Apple.

topgear66

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

I'm hoping for an improved WiFi radio. My gf has a samsung s3 and can find and connect to networks that I could only dream of on my iPhone 5. It's important bc we travel abroad a lot during the summer.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Hello,

With the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4 and the leaked specs coming out, will this be enough for you to want upgrade to the 5S? Or do you believe the S series will be outdated when it finally does arrive as compared to the software and hardware being offered by Samsung?

Not even a contest. iPhone (next) for the win... not seen any compelling reason to move to Samsung (or other platforms/manufacturers) based on their offerings.

If I need a 7" screen, I’ll use my iPad Mini... no huge "phablet" for me.

I am very happy with Apple, my iPhone and iOS in general. I’ve pitched my tent in Camp Apple, and have no desire to move it.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Briefly tempted on the SG4 but no. Tried the Droid RAZR M and after fighting with it for a full week of attempting to put my music on the device to no avail, I went back to my iPhone 5. As for getting the 5S, I'd highly doubt it. I'll definitely hold out to the iPhone 6, but if I do get the 5S the ONLY reason I would is to get a black version to match my iPad 4 and mini. Also if Apple makes a 128GB version like the iPad 4 that won't hurt either lol. ;)

CSI Guy

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site

No, the only things that I want arei0s7, bigger screen and bigger battery.

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I've been back and forth with the S4 and iP5 more than anyone could imagine. I always seem to come back to the iPhone. I will probably be sitting out for the iPhone 5s and just wait for the 6. The S4 is a powerful and awesome phone but at the end of the day its not an iPhone.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

I do have a question about all this. just yesterday i got to spend a reasonable amount of time with the new galaxy. I placed my iPhone 5 right next to it, cranked brightness up on both and and then put them both to the test (basically running various apps and comparing them). First thing I thought was no matter how many more (screen) pixels future devices manage to have, that discussion is already completely futile because you just cannot tell the difference any longer. It now comes down to saturation etc. to enhance the overall impression of a screen (I liked my retina better, and yep i'm trying to be impartial here) , but arguing the S4 screen beat the i5 because it stores more pixels sounds as pointless to me as the camera pixel debate. Seriously... who could tell the difference these days?
Back to what surprised me: I couldn't help thinking that the whole samsung UI experience is (visually) still very underwhelming and looks... old? Seriously, iOS needs an overhaul, agreed, but I don't get how people can make the argument iOS looked too old compared to THIS. Looking at the contacts, or opening (the highly skeuomorphic) notes app, I felt reminded of the very first samsung smartphones, it just comes across the opposite of unified. I'm really not trying to bash Samsung here. I just think in comparison even iOs6 already looks more polished and round. Many samsung apps still have this classic look (often inspired by Apple's first models) and I wonder how Samsung are gonna react to iOS7? Because I honestly believe in terms of user experience (not talking about specs) iOS7 will be far ahead and customers that waver between the two will probably feel the same way. For once it won't be Apple who play catch-up. So what is it that makes the S4 stand out? What did I miss? I wasn't a huge fan of the UI, nor of the plastic hardware. Is it solely specs people are discussing/getting worked up over?
Maybe/Surely I am inherently biased, but I'm willing to learn.

19andy91

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site

specs wise GS4 if its an iphone 5s wont be much on a iphone 5 which in turn wasnt amazingly different from the 4 and 4s
my last iphone was a 4s i loved it but apple is loosing to andriod ( people must not have much sense ) or just care about specs over UI

apple needs to innovate to stay on top spec boosts every year and still behind andriod isnt enough soon youll be in blackberrys situation, apple failed before it will again its sad to say but its what i get the impression of

i dont really want to see google and microsoft dominating the smartphone market but if apple doesnt catch up they will ofcourse being a blackberry10 user id like to see blackberry but i doubt that somehow it took steve jobs to bring apple out of ruin and it looks like slowly but surely its going into ruin again

not trying to hate as i love apple devices id still own one if i didnt have to sell it

i just want a world with a 3rd choice still as the old 3rd choice is basicly dead now

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

I wouldn't use the Galaxy S4 unless I was paid handsomely. The screen is too big and the pentile matrix makes me want to stab my eyeballs with some sort of a blunt object.

HTC One is the closest thing I've found to a usable Android phone, and there's still a long way to go. Android still has its priorities in the wrong place.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73