*Will the iPhone 5s make you switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: *Will the iPhone 5S make you switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

F*ck no... Will never have a Samesung Galaxy... Piece of plastic junk... All it is is a spec *****

MacIntense

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

I will never switch because I am tied into the ecosystem and honestly the way my iPhones, iMac and Apple TV work together is so easy and impressive that I will never leave Apple the specs don't have to be the best it just has to work properly each day and be user friendly.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

F*ck no... Will never have a Samesung Galaxy... Piece of plastic junk... All it is is a spec *****

You know the first several iPhones were PLASTIC so those who live in glass houses should not caste stones. Clearly plastic was acceptable to Apple and so why should it not be acceptable to others. I always put a case on my phone regardless of it being my white iPhone 5 or a Samsung phone I have owned, in the end the phone is now shrouded in plastic for me. When Apple can build phones that don't scratch to **** and can survive a simple drop without shattering then I think they will have a case to argue.

This is from someone who has lived on all current and past OS platforms.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Not a chance in ****... But I do wish Apple releases a 4.85-inch iPhone sooner though

Apple should make a larger phone and if that means its a polycarbonate body like the earlier iPhones to offset the cost to create a larger screen, digitizer, etc then so be it. But they do need to innovate beyond the 2010 screen size they use today.

MacIntense

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

I just got the iPhone 5 last night all I can say is WOW this thing is awesome big improvement over 4S and the screen size is perfect Apple thanks for making the perfect product

Be Intense about Mac

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

With the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4 and the leaked specs coming out, will this be enough for you to want upgrade to the 5S? Or do you believe the S series will be outdated when it finally does arrive as compared to the software and hardware being offered by Samsung?
Not a big fan of Touchwiz or Sense. I am waiting to see the Motorola X phone or the next Nexus device, but I also am interested in the Galaxy Note 3.

For my mom who has an iPhone 5 and an upgrade that will come due at around the time the 5S is released, I will upgrade her device simply because I still will be able to sell her iPhone 5 at a good price and that will make the upgrade free. I always like to have the latest and the greatest. There is usually something better about the device that makes it worth it.

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I just got the iPhone 5 last night all I can say is WOW this thing is awesome big improvement over 4S and the screen size is perfect Apple thanks for making the perfect product

Be Intense about Mac

Hey there,

Is it really that much better than the 4S??? Also, do you think you will have any regrets since the latest iPhone is rumored to be only a few months away??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Hey there,
Hey

Is it really that much better than the 4S???
If you had asked 6 months ago or even earlier this year if I thought the iPhone 5 was that much better than the 4S, I would have told you NO, but now that I have an iPhone 5, I can tell you straight up that the answer is "Heck yeah!" I'm not saying yes because I upgraded to it. I'm saying yes because of the "noticeable" differences in power & speed when doing typical smartphone stuff.
Also, do you think you will have any regrets since the latest iPhone is rumored to be only a few months away??
I held on to the 4S for 17 months before deciding to buy the iPhone 5 so no, I highly doubt I'll have any regrets from not waiting for the 5S.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

If you had asked 6 months ago or even earlier this year if I thought the iPhone 5 was that much better than the 4S, I would have told you NO, but now that I have an iPhone 5, I can tell you straight up that the answer is "Heck yeah!" I'm not saying yes because I upgraded to it. I'm saying yes because of the "noticeable" differences in power & speed when doing typical smartphone stuff.
I have used my mom's 4S and 5 and I totally agree there is a huge difference. The screen size is bigger, the phone is faster, thinner, lighter and MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL - IT'S 4G LTE!

How can you even compare a 3G only device to a 4G LTE device? The difference in speed if you are somewhere with a decent 4G LTE signal is tremendous.

jtan99

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

LOL, obvious answers coming from an Apple Forum. If the 5S fails to impress, I'll just stick with the 5. I'm still happy with the 5, but not opposed to switching to Samsung/HTC in the future. I'll have to see what comes out that interests me.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
*Will the iPhone 5S make you switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

Nope. Doesn't matter how good the hardware is if the OS lags (and Android always will, due the way it's designed).

Hardware specs mean nothing. It's all about useability. iOS runs like butter, Android lags (it's better with Jellybean, but still not as fluid). I had an HTC One XL, and although the hardware was awesome, JB still lagged even though I had it running a custom rom and kernel....and it was overclocked.

I am sticking with Apple.

I had the same experience with android. I had the Droid X and the Droid Bionic when they were the latest and greatest that android had to offer and they both still ran like crap in comparison to my experience on iOS. The ONLY thing I miss about android is the screen sizes that their phones offer. I prefer a bigger phone but I will not sacrifice stability to go back to a larger device.

Last edited:

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

LOL, obvious answers coming from an Apple Forum. If the 5S fails to impress, I'll just stick with the 5. I'm still happy with the 5, but not opposed to switching to Samsung/HTC in the future. I'll have to see what comes out that interests me.

I'm 100% with you on that, Jtan99.

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I had the same experience with android. I had the Droid X and the Droid Bionic when the were the latest and greatest that android had to offer and they both still ran like crap in comparison to my experience on iOS. The ONLY thing I miss about android is the screen sizes that their phones offer. I prefer a bigger phone but I will not sacrifice stability to go back to a larger device.

I hear the HTC One takes care of all of those issues with NO lag. That's what I see and hear from the youtube videos, anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro