*Will the iPhone 5s make you switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: *Will the iPhone 5S make you switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

specs wise GS4 if its an iphone 5s wont be much on a iphone 5 which in turn wasnt amazingly different from the 4 and 4s
my last iphone was a 4s i loved it but apple is loosing to andriod ( people must not have much sense ) or just care about specs over UI

apple needs to innovate to stay on top spec boosts every year and still behind andriod isnt enough soon youll be in blackberrys situation, apple failed before it will again its sad to say but its what i get the impression of

i dont really want to see google and microsoft dominating the smartphone market but if apple doesnt catch up they will ofcourse being a blackberry10 user id like to see blackberry but i doubt that somehow it took steve jobs to bring apple out of ruin and it looks like slowly but surely its going into ruin again

not trying to hate as i love apple devices id still own one if i didnt have to sell it

i just want a world with a 3rd choice still as the old 3rd choice is basicly dead now

I would disagree with your whole premise. Apple isn't "loosing (sic) to android", and it?s not a matter of just that we "care about specs over UI"... it?s about the whole experience... which includes the hardware and its specs, the software (iOS 7), the usability and the ecosystem. And in terms of over all experience, IMHO, Apple wins hands down. Argue all you want about the "walled garden" approach, etc, but is really is about whether or not it works... and for me, my money and my experience, Apple truly does "just work"... whether we?re talking about Macs, iPhones, iPods or iPads. Integration is key, and Apple has that locked... and they are continuing to build on it.

Apple will not "soon ... be in blackberry's situation"... Apple boosts specs and adds features to stay competitive while continuing to feed and expand the experience - the ecosystem is, again IMHO, second to none. Apple is far from "the 3rd choice"...

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

More interested in the note 3 as a companion device to the yet to be released next gen iPhone. Not a replacement. I like my current note 2, iPhone 5 set up.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

More interested in the note 3 as a companion device to the yet to be released next gen iPhone. Not a replacement. I like my current note 2, iPhone 5 set up.

I am interested in seeing the Note 3 as well. I have a feeling that it will still be to big for me, though.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

I've considered switching in the past but I've come to realize I'd probably just wish I had my iPhone back.

If I have the current iPhone NO ONE has a newer/better iPhone. With Android, there's a hot new phone coming out every 2-3 months. After 6 months I'd feel like I had an old phone and wishing I'd had one of the newer phones. Kind of screwed up thinking but that's part of the appeal of the iPhone to me.

I'm pretty happy with my 5 and probably won't upgrade to anything until the 6 comes out.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I am interested in seeing the Note 3 as well. I have a feeling that it will still be to big for me, though.

The only android phone I would consider is the new sony i1, however I don't think I will be able to stray from iOS 7.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

The only android phone I would consider is the new sony i1, however I don't think I will be able to stray from iOS 7.

I haven't seen the new Sony yet, but I doubt it would make me switch from the iPhone 5 given as you said iOS 7 coming out soon.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

So I've been using a SGS4 for four weeks now as my daily driver. Today I have come to the conclusion that I made a mistake and I'm having buyer’s remorse. Don't get me wrong. The S4 is a really great phone, but not for me. All the cool features of the S4 are, well, cool. But they are fancy gimmicks that are not utilized on the daily. People complain that iOS is not open enough and can't customize, but Samsung basically does the same thing to a degree. I'm sure stock vanilla Android is amazing, but if you are not in the market to pay outright for a Nexus or Google Edition device, then you are using an OS that has the manufacture and phone carrier customizations ruining the experience. The SGS4 just feels like a dirty hooker, and door knob if you will. Everyone has had their turn to add what they think will make Android and the S4 better, but it actually does the opposite. That's the beauty of iOS. Apple locks it down so the OS can't be spoiled by others. The S4 hardware is great and feels solid. I never understood the cheap rear plastic argument. I will be selling the S4 and using my 4S until the 5S or whatever they call it comes out. The only thing I will miss from the S4 is that big beautiful screen.

Last edited:

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Man. Played for a while with an S4 again today. That screen. That camera. That uncensored Chive app. That quick reply text. That customizable photo gallery. That screen.

Those who pay any attention to my posts know I am partial to my iphone 5, and the iphone in general. But having been using IOS 7 since beta 1, and having placed a fair amount of stock in the 5S rumors that have been consistent, I find myself back on the fence. Not because of the S4 hype, or the ignorant commercials, or the myriad of gimmicks that are packed in the device. I like to think I wise to all of that jazz. But for the reasons I listed above, and others, I am more tempted now than ever.

If it had iMessage or an on-par alternative, I might be headed to Best Buy. I feel dirty all of a sudden lol....immersed in guilt.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Man. Played for a while with an S4 again today. That screen. That camera. That uncensored Chive app. That quick reply text. That customizable photo gallery. That screen.

Those who pay any attention to my posts know I am partial to my iphone 5, and the iphone in general. But having been using IOS 7 since beta 1, and having placed a fair amount of stock in the 5S rumors that have been consistent, I find myself back on the fence. Not because of the S4 hype, or the ignorant commercials, or the myriad of gimmicks that are packed in the device. I like to think I wise to all of that jazz. But for the reasons I listed above, and others, I am more tempted now than ever.

If it had iMessage or an on-par alternative, I might be headed to Best Buy. I feel dirty all of a sudden lol....immersed in guilt.

Dirty rotten scum!!

Haha jk!

I definitely know what you're going through, I've been there wooed by Androids feminine wiles LOL. All those points are definitely positives but there's still too many trade offs to have to deal with to be able to get those things.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

The GS4 definitely has great features. However, playing with it in the store doesn't give you the whole picture. Only way to find out if it's right for you is to buy it and test it out for a few days or even 2 weeks.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
*Will the iPhone 5S make you switch to the Samsung Galaxy S4?

The screen is the greatest part about the S4. In the sun it's a bit mehhh, but amazing none the less. I do miss imessage and face time. It's hard to get my iPhone friends and family to use anything else like Skype because they already have something that works built into the OS.

Samsung really ruins the lock screen though. Just google lock sreen widgets with a PIN or camera access from the lock screen with a PIN. You'll understand what I mean. The stock jellybean lock screen is a highlight feature and Samsung handcuffs and cripples it. It's very frustrating because the lock screen it the gateway to the device.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

To answer the question set out in the thread topic:

Yes, it will. Even though I've been happily using the iPhone 5 and not switching to the Galaxy S4, the iPhone 5s will disgust me to the point that I will flee to Samsung.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

To answer the question set out in the thread topic:

Yes, it will. Even though I've been happily using the iPhone 5 and not switching to the Galaxy S4, the iPhone 5s will disgust me to the point that I will flee to Samsung.

Don't know whether I should take this seriously or not haha.

Just wondering if you are serious why would the 5S be so revolting to make you "flee" to the Samsuck Galaxy S4? If anything I would flee to the HTC One a much better Android selection IMO.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

Don't know whether I should take this seriously or not haha.

Just wondering if you are serious why would the 5S be so revolting to make you "flee" to the Samsuck Galaxy S4? If anything I would flee to the HTC One a much better Android selection IMO.

No, I'm not serious. It's a ridiculous question, deserves a ridiculous answer.

It gets it backwards -- the actual germane question would be, if the Galaxy S4 seems so good, should its release be enough to make me switch to it.

(And yes, it isn't that good -- Samsung is too plasticky. If I were going to go back to Android, the One has far better build quality, as you point out.)

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

No, I'm not serious. It's a ridiculous question, deserves a ridiculous answer.

It gets it backwards -- the actual germane question would be, if the Galaxy S4 seems so good, should its release be enough to make me switch to it.

(And yes, it isn't that good -- Samsung is too plasticky. If I were going to go back to Android, the One has far better build quality, as you point out.)

Ok good bahaha.

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

personally i feel that the S model has a better shelf life than the previous model. and the 5S will be more refined than the iphone5

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

Not considering switching from the iPhone anytime soon for many reasons. Majority of my family has iDevices and there is nothing better than using Facetime to chat with my grandchildren. I like the mirroring feature with my AppleTv. Also, I'm a high school teacher and I use the AppleTv in my classroom. It is convenient to be able to stand in front of my class and teach from my phone. Add in my dislike for Google and I don't see a scenario where I would switch platforms.

Chadha

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm currently on GSIII. IM IMPRESSED By GS4 features and performance and lene to buy it but I'm waiting for iPhone 5s or next iPhone whatever name it comes with, to come out and then make decision. Hope this time the new iPhone is enviable enough and make me go for it rather than GS4.

Sent from my GSIII using Tapatalk

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

I'll stick with iPhone 5. I don't like the android touch. It's different. iPhone touch makes you feel like you have glue on your fingers