For most smartphone users its not about which phone has the latest specs or newest OS. It's about what platform gives you the experience. Apple has consistently delivered the best experience for a smartphone, even more so with each subsequent device release.

Sure, the new Sammy may have a quad core processor or 12 MP camera, but that doesn't mean it'll outperform the new iPhone. Apple builds their devices for what the OS needs to perform at top speed. Their phones don't need quad core to support the OS. Android phones are getting dual and quad cores and still having lag issues.

In the end, it's all about choosing which experience and ecosystem you want. My choice is Apple and will remain that way unless there is a better option. It's not Android, WP, and definitely not BlackBerry 10.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    I just want to bring this back up.

I like "Android phones are getting dual and quad core processors and still having lag issues." This is a great statement.
    08-27-2013 12:28 PM
    The screen is nice but I hate TW and personally
    I think the GS4 is ugly.
    I guess it's a matter of personal preference because I really like the look of the White GS4.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk 2
    08-27-2013 02:43 PM
    I guess it's a matter of personal preference because I really like the look of the White GS4.

Me too. I personally find the white S4 to be the sexiest phone out today. It's funny, cause I had the white S4 briefly and thought nothing of it. Yet, I cannot get myself to own a white iPhone. I think that is because every female I know (personally) who has an iPhone...has a white one.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    08-27-2013 02:48 PM
    I cannot get myself to own a white iPhone. I think that is because every female I know (personally) who has an iPhone...has a white one.
    I love my White iPhone, lol.

08-27-2013 02:57 PM
    I just got done using the Droid Maxx for the past 3 days. And now back to the iPhone 5. I didn't realize how much I rely on iOS. Had many droids before this iPhone. Couldn't stand it. Glad to be back to iOS.
    08-27-2013 04:53 PM
    I just got done using the Droid Maxx for the past 3 days. And now back to the iPhone 5. I didn't realize how much I rely on iOS. Had many droids before this iPhone. Couldn't stand it. Glad to be back to iOS.
    Welcome back! Hope you enjoy your new iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.
    08-27-2013 06:27 PM

Irish Rose, I blame you for this lol. I just ordered the white 32GB S4 off Amazon.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    08-27-2013 06:38 PM
    Irish Rose, I blame you for this lol. I just ordered the white 32GB S4 off Amazon.
    Ack why Finn why?! Outright or on contract?

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    08-27-2013 06:40 PM
    Ack why Finn why?! Outright or on contract?

BAHAHA. Outright. I have one upgrade available on my mom's line so I don't affect my unlimited. I'll save that for now. I live in a world of conflict every day swarlos. I see friend after friend switch and give the ol 'why didn't I sooner' pitch. I have to give this longer than my usual 4 day trial.
    08-27-2013 06:46 PM
    BAHAHA. Outright. I have one upgrade available on my mom's line so I don't affect my unlimited. I'll save that for now. I live in a world of conflict every day swarlos. I see friend after friend switch and give the ol 'why didn't I sooner' pitch. I have to give this longer than my usual 4 day trial.
    Ok ok but when you come back fleeing I'll be waiting with open arms! 😊

08-27-2013 06:48 PM
    Ok ok but when you come back fleeing I'll be waiting with open arms! 😊

I appreciate that Give it about a week lol
    08-27-2013 06:49 PM
    I appreciate that Give it about a week lol
    Haha what's Amazon's return policy?

08-27-2013 06:51 PM
    LMAO! Congrats and enjoy that White S4 my friend.

08-27-2013 06:53 PM
    Haha what's Amazon's return policy?

I'll have to see. I think it might be the same 14-day policy. Be nice if it's 30 but I doubt it. Longest I've ever lasted with the S3 or S4 is 4 days lol. Prolly only need the 14 days. Ha
    swarlos likes this.
    08-27-2013 06:54 PM
    I'll have to see. I think it might be the same 14-day policy. Be nice if it's 30 but I doubt it. Longest I've ever lasted with the S3 or S4 is 4 days lol. Prolly only need the 14 days. Ha
    Hey Finn, besides the color choice being my fault. What made you decide to get the S4 again after you've had it in the past?

08-27-2013 07:07 PM
    Hey Finn, besides the color choice being my fault. What made you decide to get the S4 again after you've had it in the past?

The last time I got the S4 was right after release on Verizon. They only offered the 16GB version at the time and with only 9GB useable, regardless of external storage I knew it'd only be a trial run because of that.
    Once I switched to Nova Launcher, I experienced zero lag. The camera produced the best images I've ever gotten on a cell phone. And that screen....
    But, I still found apps to be sub-par compared to iOS. Some favorites weren't even offered on android. I also found that it took a split second for some images to 'clarify' to full resolution when being displayed. Little nuances. But ultimately, it wasn't my 'trusty iPhone'.

Now that I know exactly what iOS 7 will be, combined with what I believe the 5S will be, I'm left at a crossroads. I'm a bit underwhelmed I guess. I need to see if the things that bothered me about the S4 were simply due to it being change. Maybe I simply caved and went back to comfortability too quickly.

And Apple is starting to tick me off. Censoring my Chive app is the latest in Apple's decisions on my behalf that leave me irritated.

Sorry for the novel :/
    Eileen89 likes this.
    08-27-2013 07:16 PM
    The last time I got the S4 was right after release on Verizon. They only offered the 16GB version at the time and with only 9GB useable, regardless of external storage I knew it'd only be a trial run because of that.
    Once I switched to Nova Launcher, I experienced zero lag. The camera produced the best images I've ever gotten on a cell phone. And that screen....
    But, I still found apps to be sub-par compared to iOS. Some favorites weren't even offered on android. I also found that it took a split second for some images to 'clarify' to full resolution when being displayed. Little nuances. But ultimately, it wasn't my 'trusty iPhone'.

Now that I know exactly what iOS 7 will be, combined with what I believe the 5S will be, I'm left at a crossroads. I'm a bit underwhelmed I guess. I need to see if the things that bothered me about the S4 were simply due to it being change. Maybe I simply caved and went back to comfortability too quickly.

And Apple is starting to tick me off. Censoring my Chive app is the latest in Apple's decisions on my behalf that leave me irritated.

Sorry for the novel :/
    No worries on the Novel, I like posts that are well thought out. Does Amazon have any more of the 32GB White S4's for AT&T, or was this for Verizon only? Funny thing is, I actually ordered the White S4 for AT&T on launch day but canceled it the next day after I realized it was the 16GB version and not a 32GB.

08-27-2013 07:23 PM
    No worries on the Novel, I like posts that are well thought out. Does Amazon have any more of the 32GB White S4's for AT&T, or was this for Verizon only? Funny thing is, I actually ordered the White S4 for AT&T on launch day but canceled it the next day after I realized it was the 16GB version and not a 32GB.

For AT&T I'm only seeing 32GB in black on Amazon. Doesn't make much sense.
    08-27-2013 07:29 PM
    For AT&T I'm only seeing 32GB in black on Amazon. Doesn't make much sense.
    Thanks for checking. The Black 32GB model is the only one that I'm seeing through AT&T premier as well. I would think with the White being just as popular, they would carry it in both colors. I definitely don't want it in Black. I still think the S4 is a big phone after seeing it in the mall last night, but I wouldn't mind trying one out for a week either.
    08-27-2013 07:36 PM
    Thanks for checking. The Black 32GB model is the only one that I'm seeing through AT&T premier as well. I would think with the White being just as popular, they would carry it in both colors. I definitely don't want it in Black. I still think the S4 is a big phone after seeing it in the mall last night, but I wouldn't mind trying one out for a week either.
    That's strange. The white is hugely popular.
    At 6'7" I have huge mitts. To the point that the S4 feels normal and the 5 a bit cramped. I'm solely a one-handed typist so that did rule out the Note 2 and forth coming Note 3. I know I would miss 1) iMessage 2) tap the time to scroll to the top 3) a few apps. But I would like complete freedom of the photo galleries, being able to name my videos, bigger screen, etc. it's a mixed bag. Ugh.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    08-27-2013 07:40 PM
    08-27-2013 08:25 PM
    I don't care for the android OS. Not to mention the fact that it is not as stable as iOS.
    SaberSerene likes this.
    08-27-2013 10:06 PM
    Cancelled my S4 order this morning. Who am I kidding. I won't make any drastic decisions until after that 5S has spent some quality time in my hand.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    08-28-2013 06:40 PM
    Cancelled my S4 order this morning. Who am I kidding. I won't make any drastic decisions until after that 5S has spent some quality time in my hand.
    Bwahahaha.

08-28-2013 06:41 PM
    I also own several high end Samsung phones and the lag issue you refer to isn't from the Android OS, it's from the added face over, such as in Samsung Touch Whiz is the problem. The fix is very simple, go to the Play Store and get a slick and very fast 3rd party launcher that will just about eliminate Touch Whiz without rooting and flashing a custom Rom. The bottom line is the specs in these beasts are just freaken great and with a little tuning these things are just monsters. The new Note 3 IMO is the best piece of Hardware put together for a SmartPhone. 3gb of ram, 32 & 64gb of int storage, great camera, 800 snapdragon quad core processor, the screen is just beautiful. I have the 5S and love it but also really love hacking my Androids as well. Really enjoy both OS, that Note 3 will be real fun to hack away with.
    Sorry for ramping on and on. My entire point was the lag everyone that uses Iphones are very quick to point at isn't the Android OS, It's the layovers that the manufacturers slap on top of them.

Vinny
    09-24-2013 02:18 PM
182 ... 5678