The only android phone I would consider is the new sony i1, however I don't think I will be able to stray from iOS 7.
    I haven't seen the new Sony yet, but I doubt it would make me switch from the iPhone 5 given as you said iOS 7 coming out soon.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.
    08-08-2013 03:56 PM
    So I've been using a SGS4 for four weeks now as my daily driver. Today I have come to the conclusion that I made a mistake and I'm having buyer’s remorse. Don't get me wrong. The S4 is a really great phone, but not for me. All the cool features of the S4 are, well, cool. But they are fancy gimmicks that are not utilized on the daily. People complain that iOS is not open enough and can't customize, but Samsung basically does the same thing to a degree. I'm sure stock vanilla Android is amazing, but if you are not in the market to pay outright for a Nexus or Google Edition device, then you are using an OS that has the manufacture and phone carrier customizations ruining the experience. The SGS4 just feels like a dirty hooker, and door knob if you will. Everyone has had their turn to add what they think will make Android and the S4 better, but it actually does the opposite. That's the beauty of iOS. Apple locks it down so the OS can't be spoiled by others. The S4 hardware is great and feels solid. I never understood the cheap rear plastic argument. I will be selling the S4 and using my 4S until the 5S or whatever they call it comes out. The only thing I will miss from the S4 is that big beautiful screen.
    Last edited by CrzyP; 08-12-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    08-12-2013 07:31 PM
    I hear that!
    08-12-2013 09:13 PM
    Man. Played for a while with an S4 again today. That screen. That camera. That uncensored Chive app. That quick reply text. That customizable photo gallery. That screen.

Those who pay any attention to my posts know I am partial to my iphone 5, and the iphone in general. But having been using IOS 7 since beta 1, and having placed a fair amount of stock in the 5S rumors that have been consistent, I find myself back on the fence. Not because of the S4 hype, or the ignorant commercials, or the myriad of gimmicks that are packed in the device. I like to think I wise to all of that jazz. But for the reasons I listed above, and others, I am more tempted now than ever.

If it had iMessage or an on-par alternative, I might be headed to Best Buy. I feel dirty all of a sudden lol....immersed in guilt.
    bgl321 likes this.
    08-14-2013 09:18 PM
    Man. Played for a while with an S4 again today. That screen. That camera. That uncensored Chive app. That quick reply text. That customizable photo gallery. That screen.

Those who pay any attention to my posts know I am partial to my iphone 5, and the iphone in general. But having been using IOS 7 since beta 1, and having placed a fair amount of stock in the 5S rumors that have been consistent, I find myself back on the fence. Not because of the S4 hype, or the ignorant commercials, or the myriad of gimmicks that are packed in the device. I like to think I wise to all of that jazz. But for the reasons I listed above, and others, I am more tempted now than ever.

If it had iMessage or an on-par alternative, I might be headed to Best Buy. I feel dirty all of a sudden lol....immersed in guilt.
    Dirty rotten scum!!

Haha jk!

I definitely know what you're going through, I've been there wooed by Androids feminine wiles LOL. All those points are definitely positives but there's still too many trade offs to have to deal with to be able to get those things.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.
    Last edited by swarlos; 08-15-2013 at 05:45 AM.
    08-15-2013 03:00 AM

The GS4 definitely has great features. However, playing with it in the store doesn't give you the whole picture. Only way to find out if it's right for you is to buy it and test it out for a few days or even 2 weeks.
    Chadha likes this.
    08-15-2013 05:05 AM

The screen is the greatest part about the S4. In the sun it's a bit mehhh, but amazing none the less. I do miss imessage and face time. It's hard to get my iPhone friends and family to use anything else like Skype because they already have something that works built into the OS.

Samsung really ruins the lock screen though. Just google lock sreen widgets with a PIN or camera access from the lock screen with a PIN. You'll understand what I mean. The stock jellybean lock screen is a highlight feature and Samsung handcuffs and cripples it. It's very frustrating because the lock screen it the gateway to the device.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by CrzyP; 08-19-2013 at 09:21 PM.
    08-19-2013 10:04 AM
    To answer the question set out in the thread topic:

Yes, it will. Even though I've been happily using the iPhone 5 and not switching to the Galaxy S4, the iPhone 5s will disgust me to the point that I will flee to Samsung.
    08-20-2013 02:07 AM
    To answer the question set out in the thread topic:

Yes, it will. Even though I've been happily using the iPhone 5 and not switching to the Galaxy S4, the iPhone 5s will disgust me to the point that I will flee to Samsung.
    Don't know whether I should take this seriously or not haha.

Just wondering if you are serious why would the 5S be so revolting to make you "flee" to the Samsuck Galaxy S4? If anything I would flee to the HTC One a much better Android selection IMO.

08-20-2013 02:16 AM
    Don't know whether I should take this seriously or not haha.

Just wondering if you are serious why would the 5S be so revolting to make you "flee" to the Samsuck Galaxy S4? If anything I would flee to the HTC One a much better Android selection IMO.

No, I'm not serious. It's a ridiculous question, deserves a ridiculous answer.

It gets it backwards -- the actual germane question would be, if the Galaxy S4 seems so good, should its release be enough to make me switch to it.

(And yes, it isn't that good -- Samsung is too plasticky. If I were going to go back to Android, the One has far better build quality, as you point out.)
    08-20-2013 02:20 AM
    No, I'm not serious. It's a ridiculous question, deserves a ridiculous answer.

It gets it backwards -- the actual germane question would be, if the Galaxy S4 seems so good, should its release be enough to make me switch to it.

(And yes, it isn't that good -- Samsung is too plasticky. If I were going to go back to Android, the One has far better build quality, as you point out.)
    Ok good bahaha.

08-20-2013 02:43 AM
    personally i feel that the S model has a better shelf life than the previous model. and the 5S will be more refined than the iphone5
    08-20-2013 03:18 AM
    Not considering switching from the iPhone anytime soon for many reasons. Majority of my family has iDevices and there is nothing better than using Facetime to chat with my grandchildren. I like the mirroring feature with my AppleTv. Also, I'm a high school teacher and I use the AppleTv in my classroom. It is convenient to be able to stand in front of my class and teach from my phone. Add in my dislike for Google and I don't see a scenario where I would switch platforms.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    08-20-2013 09:22 AM
    I'm currently on GSIII. IM IMPRESSED By GS4 features and performance and lene to buy it but I'm waiting for iPhone 5s or next iPhone whatever name it comes with, to come out and then make decision. Hope this time the new iPhone is enviable enough and make me go for it rather than GS4.

Sent from my GSIII using Tapatalk
    08-21-2013 05:35 AM
    I'll stick with iPhone 5. I don't like the android touch. It's different. iPhone touch makes you feel like you have glue on your fingers
    08-21-2013 06:45 AM
    I'll stick with iPhone 5. I don't like the android touch. It's different. iPhone touch makes you feel like you have glue on your fingers
    This is true. The touch of Apple products are unbeatable so far. But gotta admit after the inception of Jelly Bean Android has improved a lot. The Project Butter really did outstanding work and adorned the Android. In flat the touch on GS4 and ONE are also great. But still iPhone has edge over it because the iOS has something which makes it super responsive.

Sent from my GSIII using Tapatalk
    08-21-2013 06:48 AM
    I'm holding some judgment....but I believe the 5s and the new iOS have the potential to make me look hard at android (samsung or otherwise). I've owned from the 3-5, not missing a model. As soon as I moved my music to spotify, it frees me to make a move if I find the right android phone. Htc one is close, but the camera and battery give me pause. We shall see
    08-21-2013 06:05 PM
    I'm jealous of the big screen. That's not enough to get me to switch though. I'll either stick with my iphone 5, or get the 5S. I'm hoping apple wises up though and makes a bigger screen. I'm not leaving but there are people that will. Apple would be wise to read this:

The one thing Apple must do to keep me as an iPhone customer | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews
    08-21-2013 07:49 PM
    Cardfan, I was pondering for a while about what you're probably trying to implement by saying "The way things are going, the retina Mini ipad might be my next phone..." Here's what I mean: with AT&T coming out with Enhanced VoIP, and iOS' FaceTime app ability to make voice calls, you can turn your iPad or iPad mini into a phone. Enhanced VoIP = calls from data to cellular, so I can actually use a data communication service such as Skype for example (I prefer FaceTime) to call a typical (555) 555-1234 number and talk with that person even if he has no data connection, thus, voila: you have an Apple Phablet. Mind you thanks to AT&T my unlimited data is still here even with a new 2 year contract...
    08-26-2013 03:44 AM
    I'm jealous of the big screen. That's not enough to get me to switch though. I'll either stick with my iphone 5, or get the 5S. I'm hoping apple wises up though and makes a bigger screen. I'm not leaving but there are people that will. Apple would be wise to read this:

The one thing Apple must do to keep me as an iPhone customer | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews
    I'm with you on the big screen. It is not a deal breaker for me, but the perspective of the author of the CNET column you linked reflects a lot of consumers. A larger screen size is the direction the industry is moving and Apple needs to release an iPhone with a larger screen or it will start to fall behind.
    08-26-2013 02:14 PM
    I tried Verizon's Galaxy S4 out at their store in the Mall last night. The screen on the GS4 was absolutely gorgeous, but I think the phone itself was simply too big for me.
    08-27-2013 04:37 AM
    I tried Verizon's Galaxy S4 out at their store in the Mall last night. The screen on the GS4 was absolutely gorgeous, but I think the phone itself was simply too big for me.
    The screen is nice but I hate TW and personally
    I think the GS4 is ugly.

08-27-2013 04:58 AM
    An iPhone won't make me switch to an android phone.
    08-27-2013 11:13 AM
    Welcome back... I have strayed a couple of times but always come back :-)

So I've been using a SGS4 for four weeks now as my daily driver. Today I have come to the conclusion that I made a mistake and I'm having buyer’s remorse. Don't get me wrong. The S4 is a really great phone, but not for me. All the cool features of the S4 are, well, cool. But they are fancy gimmicks that are not utilized on the daily. People complain that iOS is not open enough and can't customize, but Samsung basically does the same thing to a degree. I'm sure stock vanilla Android is amazing, but if you are not in the market to pay outright for a Nexus or Google Edition device, then you are using an OS that has the manufacture and phone carrier customizations ruining the experience. The SGS4 just feels like a dirty hooker, and door knob if you will. Everyone has had their turn to add what they think will make Android and the S4 better, but it actually does the opposite. That's the beauty of iOS. Apple locks it down so the OS can't be spoiled by others. The S4 hardware is great and feels solid. I never understood the cheap rear plastic argument. I will be selling the S4 and using my 4S until the 5S or whatever they call it comes out. The only thing I will miss from the S4 is that big beautiful screen.
    08-27-2013 11:59 AM
    No I won't be switching. I enjoy the simplicity of the iPhone. iOS is solid and stable and it works for me.
    08-27-2013 12:25 PM
182 ... 45678