I have the SG3 and it's okay, but I am going to jump to i5 and if I can wait, the i5s. I do agree that the SG3 feels almost cheap, I always have a case because it's so light and too thin. The i5 is just perfect, the SG3 is in my opinion too big for me, I have to reposition it in my hands to drag down notifications.
    So to answer the question of the thread, I will be not be purchasing the sg4. Apple will take my take my money on my next phone.
    john_v and ladyc0524 like this.
    03-16-2013 09:14 AM
    I have the SG3 and it's okay, but I am going to jump to i5 and if I can wait, the i5s. I do agree that the SG3 feels almost cheap, I always have a case because it's so light and too thin. The i5 is just perfect, the SG3 is in my opinion too big for me, I have to reposition it in my hands to drag down notifications.
    So to answer the question of the thread, I will be not be purchasing the sg4. Apple will take my take my money on my next phone.
    Dan I love my i5...I think you will as well.
    that_maynard likes this.
    03-16-2013 09:22 AM
    You know i feel like this thread is being biased. Now let me explain before all the great and smarta** comments come along . I love iOS and android they are both amazing and pretty solid os's, now with that being said iOS takes the cake, in terms of usability and just being a clean straight forward OS. Android on the other hand gives you major functionality you get with iOS but not until after you jailbreak. I think android has come leagues ahead of what it used to be.

This lag your speaking about maybe so, but an average consumer not "geeks" "nerds" "phone junkies" like us would notice. I love iOS again it's clean and just plain usable, but I love android for the crazy amount of stuff you can do right out of the box. Widgets have never been my fancy but roms, themes, over-clocking, just tinkering in general is something I adore about android. Now I'm not trying to start something, I'm just giving my opinion. I own a htc evo lte and ever since STOCK PLUS GOODIES rom came out with 4.1.2. It is an amazing rom and utilizes the phone to its full potential, rant done lol.
    03-16-2013 11:08 AM
    You know i feel like this thread is being biased. Now let me explain before all the great and smarta** comments come along . I love iOS and android they are both amazing and pretty solid os's, now with that being said iOS takes the cake, in terms of usability and just being a clean straight forward OS. Android on the other hand gives you major functionality you get with iOS but not until after you jailbreak. I think android has come leagues ahead of what it used to be.

This lag your speaking about maybe so, but an average consumer not "geeks" "nerds" "phone junkies" like us would notice. I love iOS again it's clean and just plain usable, but I love android for the crazy amount of stuff you can do right out of the box. Widgets have never been my fancy but roms, themes, over-clocking, just tinkering in general is something I adore about android. Now I'm not trying to start something, I'm just giving my opinion. I own a htc evo lte and ever since STOCK PLUS GOODIES rom came out with 4.1.2. It is an amazing rom and utilizes the phone to its full potential, rant done lol.
    Your reply was well-stated and deserving of its place within this thread. Furthermore, a lot of people will agree with your assessment. Enjoy the rest of your day...
    precon22 likes this.
    03-16-2013 12:12 PM
    Cheers sir

Hooah
    03-16-2013 02:41 PM
    If I defect from iPhone (owned them since original 2007, only skipping the 3G) it would more likely be to a BB10 device - Z10 or Q10 or ?10.

The only Android phone I'd consider is a Nexus, but not one made by Samsung or LG. HTC or Motorola only.

BUT - if the 5S blows the doors off the competition with something revolutionary I'm sticking with iPhone.
    03-16-2013 10:01 PM
    Unless its a TV, i'll never own a product made by Samsung. Nor will I ever own a device that runs Android.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    DaPhoneking likes this.
    03-16-2013 10:05 PM
    Cheers sir

Hooah
    OOH-RAH!.....Semper Fi
    precon22 likes this.
    03-16-2013 10:17 PM
    Unless its a TV, i'll never own a product made by Samsung. Nor will I ever own a device that runs Android.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5
    Why I bought a Sony TV
    jclisenby likes this.
    03-16-2013 11:41 PM
    Android is ok. With Samsung though, it becomes something else. A Samsung/Android OS. Just as the Kindle Fire runs something Amazon altered to the point it's not the android you want anymore. It's not about being able to choose different form factors and sizes by all the OEM's then. Each one is too different.

The mainstream doesn't really care though. It's a GS4 (credit samsung's marketing). It's a big screen. Must get. There's no doubt in my mind that Apple is losing a lot of sales because they've waited so long to join the big screen phone party. A bigger screen = more premium for a lot of people. I think Apple knows this but it's not so easy to do with iOS and not an easy choice with just one phone or brand. With the iphone contributing the most to their revenues and profits, they want to be careful.

A crazier prediction: iPhone Plus is real, and huge – Marco.org

At the end of Jan 2013, this was making the rounds and lot of people seemed to agree such as Gruber.
    Its 640  1136, 264 DPI screen would measure 4.94 diagonally
    All the math makes sense and it's something Apple could do. But they'd get hammered if they came out with this. The GS4 is 441ppi. The HTC One is 468ppi. Both are 1920x1080.

Such a choice would make Apple's big iphone the LOWEST ppi phone on the market for the most part. The competitors would have a field day with this as would most media.

2272x1280 (double the current resolution). 5" That's what Apple has to hit to get a bigger iphone. That's the magic "kill em all" button for Apple to press. That's the major thing hardware wise that Apple, with all their billions in the bank, should be aiming towards given how important the iphone is to them overall. The "we got a bigger screen" argument for android makers ends with that. I'd be surprised if Apple is not headed in this direction. It's overkill perhaps, but no other product Apple makes deserves it more.
    03-17-2013 08:14 AM
    Nope. I do not want a phablet, size is a dealbreaker, and none of the features were really all that enticing.
    03-17-2013 01:04 PM
    Definitely not. Being a former Android "Fanboy" I was initially thrilled with the prospects of being able to customize my phone into oblivion. This thrill soon gave way to the fact that I was spending more time tweaking my phone than actually being productive with it. I've since moved over to my 4S and have not looked back. Like many have said in this forum, what I like is the tight integration between my various platforms (iMac, iPad and iPhone). Without question, the quality of the iPhone is head and shoulders above any of the Samsung products in fit and finish.
    Exactly! I had an HTC One XL. Although the hardware was fantastic (the upcoming One looks amazing), after the fun of flashing roms and kernels wore off....it's not iOS.
    Android still lagged at times, even on hardware that was "superior" to my iPhone 5. Apps are also coded better for iOS, and it just works with the rest of my Apple gear (AppleTV, iMac, etc).
    03-17-2013 02:14 PM
    Question I've always wanted to know. If IOS is so good why is Jail breaking so popular?
    03-17-2013 06:40 PM
    Question I've always wanted to know. If IOS is so good why is Jail breaking so popular?
    Because some people want more control of their devices in the form of personalizing it to their specific liking and there is nothing wrong with that just like there is nothing wrong with other people liking their devices as it comes.
    revtech likes this.
    03-17-2013 06:46 PM
    So far I haven't seen anything compelling enough to make me switch from my iPhone 4S. Not even the iPhone 5. As a photography enthusiast, the camera on the Galaxy S3, or the S4 for that matter, aren't as good as the Apple offerings. The components may be up to snuff but the processing done by the devices to get the final image doesn't even come close to the iPhone's. And I could care less that the Galaxy S4 can take a photo with both cameras at once. In fact, after watching the Galaxy S4 "Unpacking" - where the demos on the big screen weren't even live, they were artificially done - there were no really cool features about the device that interested me.

I'm holding out for the iPhone 6. I just hope Apple comes out with something fresh that will knock the socks off of Android. iOS 7 needs to be different if Apple wants to continue promoting their OS as the world's most advanced mobile operating system. We're counting on you Mr. Ive.
    03-17-2013 08:53 PM
    Neither one will. I'm upgrading next year
    03-17-2013 09:09 PM
    Nope. Quality over quantity my friend
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    03-17-2013 09:14 PM
    Actually, the reverse is true for me. I switched to the GS3 from my iPhone 4 in July 2012 and I regret that decision everyday. Almost everything about the GS3 irks me, from the horrible battery life to the buggy software (I reboot probably everyday because of bugs) to the stupidly placed on/off key that I press accidently almost everytime I watch a video in landscape orientation. I installed a build of CyanogenMod which slightly improved the experience, but I just hate the hardware.

I'll be switching back to iOS as soon as my contract comes up.
    03-17-2013 10:41 PM
    I don't think Apple simply has a 5S planned though... think there will be more to follow.
    I really do hope so!
    03-17-2013 10:41 PM
    I really hope that apple updates iOS if not ill buy the sgs4. I like iOS but my time with the IP5 left me wanting more. The basics are covered but their is a lot missing
    03-17-2013 10:56 PM
    Apple needs to (finally) update iOS, the bundled apps, an the ability to select default apps. If they d thy, ill consider staying in the fold... Otherwise, like so many others who have tried the latest android devices, I'm out of here.
    03-17-2013 11:12 PM
    I'm very happy with my 4S and have been waiting for a 5S since i'm on TMobile, but the S4 is definitely interesting. All the bashing about the polycarb vs metal case doesn't make any sense to me. Yes, the body of the iphone is more attractive, but i've never owned a smartphone without a highend protective case, and those always add a bit of bulk in addition to completely hiding the actual phone body. I'd say 90% of smartphone owners use cases as well, many of them big like Otterboxes, so the phone body material is mute for me.
    03-18-2013 09:05 AM
    Allready switched to SGS3. The screen size makes the whole difference. Feels unusually largeish at start and then you never want to go back. The difference in the moderns OS's is negligable.
    03-18-2013 10:26 AM
    Great thread.
    I use iphone for video a lot. A lot of people will praise the s4 camera but don't really have serious experience of video (or stills) i look at the eco system, the apps available, form factor for handholding, accessories, add ons in development and the iphone is way ahead as an overall imaging tool.
    03-18-2013 12:10 PM
    I would never switch an iPhone or a Windows Phone for an Android phone. It just destroys the user experience.. wouldn't touch an Android.. Even with a 10 foot barge pole :P
    03-18-2013 12:57 PM
182 12345 ...