iPhone 5s Release date (Rumors)

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: 5s Release date

Enjoy the 5, as I always say waiting on tech releases hinders you from buying anything. There will always be something new.

Totally agree, was waiting for next release, bit decided to pick up the iPhone 5, and glad I did, 5 will probably get the new update anyways, win win.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Android and am very interested in a switch, but my issue is that there are still basic features missing in the iphone 5 that I want to see, like simultaneous data / voice on Verizon and a bigger battery. I too kind of wait around in limbo for the next big phone, but I think a phone is like a woman. When the right one comes, we just know it!

If you don't feel right just yet, don't do it.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Take it with a grain of salt but I just did an online chat on the Best Buy site as all of their AT&T iPhones are showing 'Not Available' for shipping and most are sold out in all stores (at least the 32 & 64).

You: I was looking at a iPhone 5 64 GB with AT&T and I see it says 'Not Available' for shipping. Can you tell me a estimated return to stock day?
Carrie S : I can see if stock will be replenished but the system never shows when they will do so.
Carrie S : Discontinued
Carrie S : It will not come back.
You : Can you check and see if the 32 GB or 16GB are also discontinued.
Carrie S : All the stock that was in the warehouse was sent over to the stores for close out.
Carrie S : The others (16 & 32) are still active.

Now this is my first time trying to buy an iPhone but this seems like something they would do to close out stock before a iPhone refresh.

Hogwash...the iPhone 5 will not be "discontinued" even far after the new iPhone's release (in all variants), nor will stock of iPhone 5's be dwindled down to "close out" anything for quite some time.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Yup most carriers just ended the sale of the iPhone 4, but some may still be offering it online and it has been out for how long... Once Apple stops supporting it with new OS updates.. Then it may be decided... But some may still you older devices. It still works for them, then why not....

Another 3-4 years and the iPhone 5 may reach EOL. but not as soon as most of you think.

Back to the main thread topic...... IT'S ALL RUMORS... :)

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Iphoned are like Toyotas. They have the highest resale value of any other device and are supported by Apple for longer than any other device. And since this will be my first "off contract" phone ever, I'm also being as picky as ever in deciding. $600 - $800 is not chump change.

Last edited:

mrlyons841

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Ya the 5 is going nowhere. Apples updates still work for the 3GS and how long has that phone been out?

Sent from my iPhone 4

Buck1127

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Android and am very interested in a switch, but my issue is that there are still basic features missing in the iphone 5 that I want to see, like simultaneous data / voice on Verizon and a bigger battery. I too kind of wait around in limbo for the next big phone, but I think a phone is like a woman. When the right one comes, we just know it!

If you don't feel right just yet, don't do it.

If that's the case I sure have been thru a lot of women that I thought was the right one lol. You won't see simultaneous voice/data on Verizon
Until VoLTE ( voice over LTE ) comes out next year.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If that's the case I sure have been thru a lot of women that I thought was the right one lol. You won't see simultaneous voice/data on Verizon
Until VoLTE ( voice over LTE ) comes out next year.

Not on the iPhone anyways. Android phones yes but not on the single radio how the iPhone does it.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
From appleinsider - rumor is it is delayed because of the fingerprint feature and they are saying fall or late fall for the release. I also heard rumors of more color options including gold and platinum.

This is just to long a wait for me; I will buy something else. Cannot wait till October/November! Just too long a time period.

dobermansrule

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Iphoned are like Toyotas. They have the highest resale value of any other device and are supported by Apple for longer than any other device. And since this will be my first "off contract" phone ever, I'm also being as picky as ever in deciding. $600 - $800 is not chump change.

Omg you have a droid incredible 2? I used to have one and I loved it but have since moved on...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
That's weird cause I can get simultaneous voice and data at the same time on my iPhone 5 on verizon...

Only if you're on wifi for data... it is physically impossible to get simultaneous voice & data on Verizon with an iPhone over cellular. Unless you're using a VoIP app.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't. The iPhone can only do voice or data over cellular. It's different.

This!!! As stated already it is physically impossible to get voice and data on the verizon or sprint iPhone 5 without wifi.

I have the Verizon iPhone 5 and I know it doesn't work.

Yes it works on the note 2 and other android phones but not the iPhone 5.

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
For those unsure, just Google it. There's plenty of good articles explaining why the cdma iPhone 5 is not capable of handling voice and data over cellular connection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Lte should allow for both on Verizon unless iPhone is different. My brothers note 2 does

The note and other "some" Android phones are equipped to run voice and data over cellular with svdo. For the iphone 5, they omitted the required antenna needed in place of a thinner frame. As for lte, Apple used a chipset that combines both data/voice radios into one, again, shooting for astedics verses functionality.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2