iPhone 5s Release date (Rumors)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: 5s Release date

It will arrive sometime between today and the end of September. I too am considering jumping in April when my upgrade is available but at the same time if I can hold out a couple of months I can get the next one which I know I will regret not waiting for. Its not a matter of waiting for the next best thing means you will always be waiting, but why buy the current one in April when the upgraded one is quite possibly coming in June/July.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
5s Release date

I don't think there will be any changes to the phone size at All. Just os upgrades. So why not get the 5 because you can always download the new os. The 5 already has a great processor and camera. They just changed the size so I doubt they would change it again so fast. This is just my opinion.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I don't expect any changes to the physical size or look, but I do expect a camera upgrade and flash for it as well, and faster processor. Given the fact that you would likely want to keep the phone for say 2 years you do want all of the next two iOS revisions features and not to be left out like some of the other iPhones are from iOS6.

that_maynard

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

I agree that as soon as you think that you have the greatest and latest, then something else is on the horizon. Even though August is right around the corner, I would rather jump on getting the 5, still a solid device. Buy what is best for you.

KaterinaM

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

June/July.

I think Apple will go back to pre iPhone 4S announcements.

They will use WWDC to announce the new iPhone 5s along with iOS 7.

That's highly probable. Apple likes to make "sound" presentations. Hopefully, this time the company won't release the undone version of iPhone.

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

If I was a betting man (and I am), I would say they go back to there June/July release schedule as I think it makes more sense.

that_maynard

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Now with the delayed i5s rumors would you think we are talking September or October? This anticipation is killing me. About ready to pull the trigger and just get the i5

Last edited:

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site

My opinion is Tim Cook is not saying anything about a new iPhone in his interviews. That to me said that it just about time for the announcement to come! I feel it be in the end of June beginning of July for August 2013!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Can't wait!!!! Skipped the iPhone 5 because I LOVE my 4S. But this baby is getting a bit tired now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

billyg900

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I say September/October, the 2 year sprint contracts will be up in October, everybody including me will be itching for a new phone by then and get it cheaper with the new contract....

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
My guess is the Fall.

If it were any sooner, by now, we would have heard many stories about supply chain companies gearing up.

Good Luck

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Yup I'm guessing the same as last year around September or October. With the WWDC coming out in about a week we get a taste of iOS 7. Then 2 months of beta testing and finally a release shortly before the new iPhone 5s will be announced. Good thing my upgrade is in August! Can't wait for the 5S.

ki4cgs

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Take it with a grain of salt but I just did an online chat on the Best Buy site as all of their AT&T iPhones are showing 'Not Available' for shipping and most are sold out in all stores (at least the 32 & 64).

You: I was looking at a iPhone 5 64 GB with AT&T and I see it says 'Not Available' for shipping. Can you tell me a estimated return to stock day?
Carrie S : I can see if stock will be replenished but the system never shows when they will do so.
Carrie S : Discontinued
Carrie S : It will not come back.
You : Can you check and see if the 32 GB or 16GB are also discontinued.
Carrie S : All the stock that was in the warehouse was sent over to the stores for close out.
Carrie S : The others (16 & 32) are still active.

Now this is my first time trying to buy an iPhone but this seems like something they would do to close out stock before a iPhone refresh.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Take it with a grain of salt but I just did an online chat on the Best Buy site as all of their AT&T iPhones are showing 'Not Available' for shipping and most are sold out in all stores (at least the 32 & 64).

You: I was looking at a iPhone 5 64 GB with AT&T and I see it says 'Not Available' for shipping. Can you tell me a estimated return to stock day?
Carrie S : I can see if stock will be replenished but the system never shows when they will do so.
Carrie S : Discontinued
Carrie S : It will not come back.
You : Can you check and see if the 32 GB or 16GB are also discontinued.
Carrie S : All the stock that was in the warehouse was sent over to the stores for close out.
Carrie S : The others (16 & 32) are still active.

Now this is my first time trying to buy an iPhone but this seems like something they would do to close out stock before a iPhone refresh.

Considering they will still sell the iPhone 5 when the 5s comes out means this is probably not the case.

Associates aren't usually the best sources.

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
True. We don't get told a whole lot. I've scanned our employee news religiously, nothing about any iPhone. And that associate was wrong. We will be selling the 5 for a while. We may stop selling the higher gigs past 16 once the 5s launches though.

Sent from the Death Star using TheForce

ki4cgs

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I also just called and talked with someone at MacAuthority (local Apple Authorized Store). They said that when T-Mobile launched the iPhone AT&T changed the model number on their phones from A1428 to something else and that its possible that Best Buy just hasn't updated the new model numbers into their system.

Has anyone heard of this?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW