iPhone 5s Release date (Rumors)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
5s Release date

All I can tell you is that it will be released soon. I have no specific dates to give, but the rumor mill states between the second and third quarter of this year.

komp444

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
5s Release date

I THINK that there's a forum just for this or at least the guys at the io7 forum would more then likely be on touch with this more then the iPhone 5 forum might be as far as rumors go. I imagine given the track record and how well the 5 sold whatever the new iPhone will be will be more then likely just be a internal minor upgrade the way the 3GS and the 4s was. The 5 was a rather awesome design change and I suspect the new 5s or whatever it will be called will be just the minor upgrade internally like the others were. I think with the passing of jobs still reverberating there not likely to gamble on a new complete redesign so soon.

Hail Caesar

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
5s Release date

Enjoy the 5, as I always say waiting on tech releases hinders you from buying anything. There will always be something new.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: 5s Release date

Enjoy the 5, as I always say waiting on tech releases hinders you from buying anything. There will always be something new.
That is exactly what I keep telling my step-mother. "Get the best you can now, there is always a new model coming out."

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

There are no legitimate pieces of information on the next iPhone out there yet...and i personally don't see anything new coming our way until summer at the earliest.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

I'll be upgrading to the 5s but now I'm wondering if I screwed myself out of a jailbreak by not getting the 5.

if you wait too long on getting the 5 it won't matter (assuming 6.1.3-> on takes care of evasi0n) the 5 will eventually come pre loaded with the latest firmware

the 5S will more than likely come with iOS 7 pre loaded and supposedly it is looking good for future jailbreaks with that? we'll see

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

Take this with a grain, but when I was at the Apple store the other night for the 100th time, the two genii and the engineer on the phone were telling me NOT to upgrade to the 5 and wait for the "next version" because its going to be out really soon. I commented on not being able to wait til October with this drama anymore and there was a reaction in front of me that indicated it would be before October. They were very clearly trying to tell me to wait for the "next version" and not waste my upgrade now.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
5s Release date

Take this with a grain, but when I was at the Apple store the other night for the 100th time, the two genii and the engineer on the phone were telling me NOT to upgrade to the 5 and wait for the "next version" because its going to be out really soon. I commented on not being able to wait til October with this drama anymore and there was a reaction in front of me that indicated it would be before October. They were very clearly trying to tell me to wait for the "next version" and not waste my upgrade now.

I can tell you now that they have absolutely zero idea when the next one is going to be released. Zero.

But if you can wait, then by all means wait.

ctdog

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Only Apple knows the release date. I have friends who work for AT&T and Verizon, and they don't even find out until literally they are due to get the shipment in.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

not so sure even an engineer would be privy to info like that. more than likely he is saying to wait since the longest part of waiting is behind us

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

blink twice if we can expect an earlier than normal release :cool:

This information will come out in due time. Way too early to be 100% solid. Patience. :) I could get bit like I did on the iPad Mini price. Don't want that happening again. And FYI there was a $250 price tag in there somewhere! I swear!