June/July.

I think Apple will go back to pre iPhone 4S announcements.

They will use WWDC to announce the new iPhone 5s along with iOS 7.
    That's highly probable. Apple likes to make "sound" presentations. Hopefully, this time the company won't release the undone version of iPhone.
    03-13-2013 09:56 AM
    If I was a betting man (and I am), I would say they go back to there June/July release schedule as I think it makes more sense.
    03-23-2013 05:19 PM
    Now with the delayed i5s rumors would you think we are talking September or October? This anticipation is killing me. About ready to pull the trigger and just get the i5
    Last edited by that_maynard; 04-13-2013 at 10:34 PM.
    04-13-2013 08:51 PM
    Foxconn Said to Resume Hiring in Preparation for New IPhone - Bloomberg

If this report is correct, I would imagine we are getting close to an announcement/release date.
    04-16-2013 03:24 AM
    I'll be upgrading to the 5s but now I'm wondering if I screwed myself out of a jailbreak by not getting the 5.
    There's ALWAYS a jailbreak coming. You'll just have to wait a while. Maybe even a long while but it's coming eventually.
    04-17-2013 03:41 PM
    I bet it comes out sometime.
    04-18-2013 08:53 AM
    My opinion is Tim Cook is not saying anything about a new iPhone in his interviews. That to me said that it just about time for the announcement to come! I feel it be in the end of June beginning of July for August 2013!
    05-29-2013 05:38 AM
    Can't wait!!!! Skipped the iPhone 5 because I LOVE my 4S. But this baby is getting a bit tired now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    05-31-2013 08:51 AM
    I say September/October, the 2 year sprint contracts will be up in October, everybody including me will be itching for a new phone by then and get it cheaper with the new contract....
    05-31-2013 03:11 PM
    My guess is the Fall.

If it were any sooner, by now, we would have heard many stories about supply chain companies gearing up.

Good Luck
    05-31-2013 09:52 PM
    Yup I'm guessing the same as last year around September or October. With the WWDC coming out in about a week we get a taste of iOS 7. Then 2 months of beta testing and finally a release shortly before the new iPhone 5s will be announced. Good thing my upgrade is in August! Can't wait for the 5S.
    06-01-2013 09:34 PM
    Take it with a grain of salt but I just did an online chat on the Best Buy site as all of their AT&T iPhones are showing 'Not Available' for shipping and most are sold out in all stores (at least the 32 & 64).

You: I was looking at a iPhone 5 64 GB with AT&T and I see it says 'Not Available' for shipping. Can you tell me a estimated return to stock day?
    Carrie S : I can see if stock will be replenished but the system never shows when they will do so.
    Carrie S : Discontinued
    Carrie S : It will not come back.
    You : Can you check and see if the 32 GB or 16GB are also discontinued.
    Carrie S : All the stock that was in the warehouse was sent over to the stores for close out.
    Carrie S : The others (16 & 32) are still active.

Now this is my first time trying to buy an iPhone but this seems like something they would do to close out stock before a iPhone refresh.
    06-04-2013 07:00 PM
    Take it with a grain of salt but I just did an online chat on the Best Buy site as all of their AT&T iPhones are showing 'Not Available' for shipping and most are sold out in all stores (at least the 32 & 64).

You: I was looking at a iPhone 5 64 GB with AT&T and I see it says 'Not Available' for shipping. Can you tell me a estimated return to stock day?
    Carrie S : I can see if stock will be replenished but the system never shows when they will do so.
    Carrie S : All the stock that was in the warehouse was sent over to the stores for close out.

Now this is my first time trying to buy an iPhone but this seems like something they would do to close out stock before a iPhone refresh.
    Considering they will still sell the iPhone 5 when the 5s comes out means this is probably not the case.

Associates aren't usually the best sources.
    TitansJonne#CB likes this.
    06-04-2013 07:37 PM
    True. We don't get told a whole lot. I've scanned our employee news religiously, nothing about any iPhone. And that associate was wrong. We will be selling the 5 for a while. We may stop selling the higher gigs past 16 once the 5s launches though.

Sent from the Death Star using TheForce
    06-04-2013 07:53 PM
    I also just called and talked with someone at MacAuthority (local Apple Authorized Store). They said that when T-Mobile launched the iPhone AT&T changed the model number on their phones from A1428 to something else and that its possible that Best Buy just hasn't updated the new model numbers into their system.

Has anyone heard of this?
    06-04-2013 08:12 PM
    Enjoy the 5, as I always say waiting on tech releases hinders you from buying anything. There will always be something new.
    Totally agree, was waiting for next release, bit decided to pick up the iPhone 5, and glad I did, 5 will probably get the new update anyways, win win.
    06-04-2013 10:16 PM
    I'm on Android and am very interested in a switch, but my issue is that there are still basic features missing in the iphone 5 that I want to see, like simultaneous data / voice on Verizon and a bigger battery. I too kind of wait around in limbo for the next big phone, but I think a phone is like a woman. When the right one comes, we just know it!

If you don't feel right just yet, don't do it.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    06-05-2013 01:11 AM

Hogwash...the iPhone 5 will not be "discontinued" even far after the new iPhone's release (in all variants), nor will stock of iPhone 5's be dwindled down to "close out" anything for quite some time.
    06-05-2013 07:28 AM
    Yup most carriers just ended the sale of the iPhone 4, but some may still be offering it online and it has been out for how long... Once Apple stops supporting it with new OS updates.. Then it may be decided... But some may still you older devices. It still works for them, then why not....

Another 3-4 years and the iPhone 5 may reach EOL. but not as soon as most of you think.

Back to the main thread topic...... IT'S ALL RUMORS...
    06-05-2013 08:44 AM
    Iphoned are like Toyotas. They have the highest resale value of any other device and are supported by Apple for longer than any other device. And since this will be my first "off contract" phone ever, I'm also being as picky as ever in deciding. $600 - $800 is not chump change.

Last edited by RicanMedic78; 06-05-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    06-05-2013 10:45 AM
    Yup most normally sell off old device to off set the cost... But yes not cheap at full retail
    06-05-2013 11:18 AM
    Ya the 5 is going nowhere. Apples updates still work for the 3GS and how long has that phone been out?

Sent from my iPhone 4
    06-05-2013 11:26 AM
    I'm on Android and am very interested in a switch, but my issue is that there are still basic features missing in the iphone 5 that I want to see, like simultaneous data / voice on Verizon and a bigger battery. I too kind of wait around in limbo for the next big phone, but I think a phone is like a woman. When the right one comes, we just know it!

If you don't feel right just yet, don't do it.

If that's the case I sure have been thru a lot of women that I thought was the right one lol. You won't see simultaneous voice/data on Verizon
    Until VoLTE ( voice over LTE ) comes out next year.
    RicanMedic78 likes this.
    06-05-2013 06:46 PM
    If that's the case I sure have been thru a lot of women that I thought was the right one lol. You won't see simultaneous voice/data on Verizon
    Until VoLTE ( voice over LTE ) comes out next year.
    Not on the iPhone anyways. Android phones yes but not on the single radio how the iPhone does it.
    RicanMedic78 likes this.
    06-05-2013 07:19 PM
    From appleinsider - rumor is it is delayed because of the fingerprint feature and they are saying fall or late fall for the release. I also heard rumors of more color options including gold and platinum.

This is just to long a wait for me; I will buy something else. Cannot wait till October/November! Just too long a time period.
    06-06-2013 01:25 PM
106 1234 ...