Apple to release three new iPhone 2013?

tinachau

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
News from businessinsider revealed that Apple is working on three new iPhone models, two of which will be out by June. How do you think if that?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I just cannot see Apple releasing a 4.8" model after issuing a re-design only 5 months ago.
With that said, I would personally love, Love, LOVE to possess an iPhone with a large 4.8" screen.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
New iPad, new iPad mini (possibly retina), new iPhone model between June and September, possibly a redesigned low cost model with plastic casing but good specs.

That's all I can see Apple releasing in the mobile space for 2013.

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
My money's on a new iPad, thinner and smaller with the same smaller side bezel non intended touch tech and back as the iPad mini and of course internal spec bump.

Second up new iPad mini, retina screen and spec bump.

Third is iPhone 5s same chassis but with a speed bump as well as built in NFC

I would say the aboves are definite. The two curve balls which might be possible are an iPhone 5 or 5s with a bigger screen iPhone XL???? And maybe just maybe an Apple television running on a custom build of iOS with deep integration with iPhones and iPads and Siri navigation etc.

The most exciting thing in my book is iOS 7. I felt 6 was a bit of a stop gap/catch up. These new devices will need new iOS to run on them and with the lacklustre responses to iOS 6. Rapid functionality increases of Android OS and blackberry X launching apple need to do something special this time.

Remember Jonny Ive is in the driving seat for iOS now that's gotta count for something. Apple won't want to alienate existing users. But similar functionality with the same methods of operation but with a beautiful new user interface and a few extra bells and whistles could be exactly what iOS needs!

Freshen up freshen up

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My money's on a new iPad, thinner and smaller with the same smaller side bezel non intended touch tech and back as the iPad mini and of course internal spec bump.

Second up new iPad mini, retina screen and spec bump.

Third is iPhone 5s same chassis but with a speed bump as well as built in NFC

I would say the aboves are definite. The two curve balls which might be possible are an iPhone 5 or 5s with a bigger screen iPhone XL???? And maybe just maybe an Apple television running on a custom build of iOS with deep integration with iPhones and iPads and Siri navigation etc.

The most exciting thing in my book is iOS 7. I felt 6 was a bit of a stop gap/catch up. These new devices will need new iOS to run on them and with the lacklustre responses to iOS 6. Rapid functionality increases of Android OS and blackberry X launching apple need to do something special this time.

Remember Jonny Ive is in the driving seat for iOS now that's gotta count for something. Apple won't want to alienate existing users. But similar functionality with the same methods of operation but with a beautiful new user interface and a few extra bells and whistles could be exactly what iOS needs!

Freshen up freshen up

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Sounds good, my friend, and we'll know soon enough if any of your predictions pan out. ;)

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I just cannot see Apple releasing a 4.8" model after issuing a re-design only 5 months ago.
With that said, I would personally love, Love, LOVE to possess an iPhone with a large 4.8" screen.

I don't get that either. I mean I would welcome a bigger iPhone screen but the developers are still to this day optimizing their apps for the iphone 5 4inch screen. All of that would be too much going on IMO.

Tapped to talk

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't get that either. I mean I would welcome a bigger iPhone screen but the developers are still to this day optimizing their apps for the iphone 5 4inch screen. All of that would be too much going on IMO.

Tapped to talk

Apple is not averse to this sort of thing when it comes to shifting consumer patterns. The success of the S3 and the Note 2 is proof that people want larger screens.

I'm not too big on large screens but if there is one company in the mobile industry that can make a large screen look sexy then it is Apple.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I just don't see Apple reducing their profits on lower end iphone models beyond what they do currently. Its far cheaper for them to take older designs, reduce the memory down to 8 or 16GB of storage then to introduce a whole new design and R&D costs for it.

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This would be ideal and the ultimate comeback for Apple since they are obviously allowing the competition to have the Spring and Summer months without unveiling a single device.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This would be ideal and the ultimate comeback for Apple since they are obviously allowing the competition to have the Spring and Summer months without unveiling a single device.

​Comeback? They're not behind on anything...:)....The iPhone is still the smartphone measuring stick.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
can't argue with reality but a cheaper iphone will only form the phrase "which one"the real deal or the cheap knockoff :cool:

Yep, no doubt, and many of the "image conscious" iPhone users will not settle for a "cheap" knockoff. Personally, after owning several well-built iPhones, I wouldn't want one that didn't keep up with that well-built tradition or one that is not as well-built as the non-cheap version.

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
A low cost iPhone would appeal to more cost conscious users. One argument I've always heard from users is the cost of owning an iPhone. From the phone itself to the service contracts. A lower cost iPhone would gain Apple more market share. When Android devices were first introduced, they were giving them away. I remember seeing an ad where you got 2 free Android phones with a new contract (I think it was Verizon). This, undoubtedly, helped Android gain traction over iPhone. A low cost iPhone would possibly reverse the damage done by the low/no cost offerings of Android devices.

bsia

May 11, 2013
Visit site
According to a friend of mine who works at Apple UK ..... all leave has been cancelled for a particular week in June ... and he says that always mean they are ready to release a new model .. probably the new iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711