My wife asked me to buy her a new phone yesterday as hers was on its last legs. She wanted something inexpensive, durable and iPhone if possible.
    I was able to get a very good condition 5C for a good price.

She has now been using it for a few hours and we discovered that the time only works properly when the phone screen is on. After much research I couldn't find anything that shows that Apple fixed the issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    05-05-2017 10:28 PM
    I suggest DFU restore after resetting the device. Basically a clean fresh install.
    05-06-2017 01:48 AM
    My wife asked me to buy her a new phone yesterday as hers was on its last legs. She wanted something inexpensive, durable and iPhone if possible.
    I was able to get a very good condition 5C for a good price.

She has now been using it for a few hours and we discovered that the time only works properly when the phone screen is on. After much research I couldn't find anything that shows that Apple fixed the issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Explain how it is working improperly while the screen is off, especially when you can't see anything.
    05-06-2017 09:28 AM
    Do you mean when the phone is turned off, or the time doesn't display on the lockscreen? I've never had an iPhone where the time showed when it was completely off. You must at least open it to the lockscreen.
    05-06-2017 12:17 PM