Installed iOS 10 and have a question

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Pretty interesting sure a lot different than what we are used to even sounds. But I'm wondering what the purpose of the Home icon is on the screen because when you press it it tries to get you to use iCloud keychain which I really don't need because I know all my passwords.

Anyone else experienced a slight slowdown now and waiting for Apple to load or searches? I'm sure it'll settle in a few days.

iOSConvert2k14

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
It's from connected Home devices like Philips Hue Lights and other household appliances. If you do not have such devices, just delete the Home app like you would any other app (which is an awesome iOS 10 feature; no more Stocks for me!)

Ursus Rufus

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Pretty interesting sure a lot different than what we are used to even sounds. But I'm wondering what the purpose of the Home icon is on the screen because when you press it it tries to get you to use iCloud keychain which I really don't need because I know all my passwords.

Anyone else experienced a slight slowdown now and waiting for Apple to load or searches? I'm sure it'll settle in a few days.

Yep I was using the beta all summer but when I first used it it was slllllooowwww. And my phone ran hot.

Settled in after about a week. Just in time for the next update ;P

Never use the Home app. Could use a "Yo iPhone! Bring me coffee in bed!" app though.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
It's from connected Home devices like Philips Hue Lights and other household appliances. If you do not have such devices, just delete the Home app like you would any other app (which is an awesome iOS 10 feature; no more Stocks for me!)

Ah ya thanks! Removed.

I have some stock prices, GM, Hold, Blackberry and Apple prices. Not sure I'll be using the widgets much but it's kind of cool on the main screen.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Yep I was using the beta all summer but when I first used it it was slllllooowwww. And my phone ran hot.

Settled in after about a week. Just in time for the next update ;P

Never use the Home app. Could use a "Yo iPhone! Bring me coffee in bed!" app though.

Sure funny how as soon as I install iOS 10 I have notifications for 10 apps that need updating to make them compatible.

Last edited:

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Also they're supposed to be a raise to wake feature or something, I figured it would be under excess abilities but I'm not sure if we get it on the 5C?

Ursus Rufus

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
OK I checked on Twitter and we don't get the raise to wake with the 5C

Ya I was going to suggest likely not.

They haven't got that one totally sorted yet.
Mine is doing things like "turn half a centimetre sideways to wake" & "slightly bump the desk to wake."

:p

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Ya I was going to suggest likely not.

They haven't got that one totally sorted yet.
Mine is doing things like "turn half a centimetre sideways to wake" & "slightly bump the desk to wake."

:p

There is a girl in Twitter who demonstrated the raise to wake it works really well on her 6S but anyway I noticed a real lag when I uploaded some YouTube videos today the typing was very very slow but everything else seems pretty good so far

Ursus Rufus

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
There is a girl in Twitter who demonstrated the raise to wake it works really well on her 6S but anyway I noticed a real lag when I uploaded some YouTube videos today the typing was very very slow but everything else seems pretty good so far

Ya actually it was like that all summer with the beta builds but working ok now on my SE.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Ya actually it was like that all summer with the beta builds but working ok now on my SE.

I'm curious are you using the bedside mode or whatever? I set mine five minutes before my main alarm so I actually use both but the bedside mode eases you in before the big alarm sounds LOL but I can't get mine to vibrate even though it's set to vibrate on the bedside mode just curious about yours and if you tested it.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Had an issue on the 5C using Instagram uploading a photo I got a screen notification saying "could not save photo" but the pic did upload, but then my phone froze and I had a black screen for about five minutes and couldn't reboot or anything. Upon the booting the four digit encryption code was jammed but pulled through.

Also has anyone noticed that when you press the home button it might take three or four seconds to actually get to your apps, quite a difference from a couple days ago. But I'm sure the next update will solve it.

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Also just noticed that when the iPad Air was moved into a dim room the auto dimming feature did not work on the screen so I went to settings and tripped the switch on and off and then it dimmed to where it should be

Ursus Rufus

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious are you using the bedside mode or whatever? I set mine five minutes before my main alarm so I actually use both but the bedside mode eases you in before the big alarm sounds LOL but I can't get mine to vibrate even though it's set to vibrate on the bedside mode just curious about yours and if you tested it.

Haven't used it I will give it a try and post some perceptions.

Ursus Rufus

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Also has anyone noticed that when you press the home button it might take three or four seconds to actually get to your apps, quite a difference from a couple days ago. But I'm sure the next update will solve it.

Did notice this. But that was weeks ago during one of the beta builds. Seem to recall it settled out after a while.

Addendum: Speaking of issues with IOS 10 suddenly the iMore app for iOS will not let me edit or like a post or anything beyond "Reply" & "Quote."

Had to use my BlackBerry Tapatalk app to do edit this post.

This has just changed recently as it worked fine last week.

Last edited:

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Did notice this. But that was weeks ago during one of the beta builds. Seem to recall it settled out after a while.

Addendum: Speaking of issues with IOS 10 suddenly the iMore app for iOS will not let me edit or like a post or anything beyond "Reply" & "Quote."

Had to use my BlackBerry Tapatalk app to do edit this post.

This has just changed recently as it worked fine last week.

My Apple app for Imore seems pretty good so far no problems yet but I kind of wish that I could respond in here on my 9900 ha ha. No problems editing in here so far.

I wanted to ask you when you open your lock screen and press the home button how many seconds before you see all your apps?

Ursus Rufus

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
My Apple app for Imore seems pretty good so far no problems

I double checked & still cannot edit using iMore for iPhone. So I sent a note to them using the feedback link.

but I kind of wish that I could respond in here on my 9900 ha ha.

That's exactly what I was doing above. Using the Tapatalk app Steve or Shuswap or someone told us about.

No problems editing in here so far

Well hmm weird. Wonder why it's different for you? I was able to edit using Tapatalk though but again that was on the 9900. Kind of funny to be in an iPhone forum using my Bold. Felt great actually heh. Like being a daywalker or something. ;P

I wanted to ask you when you open your lock screen and press the home button how many seconds before you see all your apps?

Right away. Like less than a second. Maybe that has something to do with hardware though & not necessarily the OS.

Not sure though really. So has this been consistent since when you first started using iOS 10?

anon(9721108)

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Are you tapping on your old post? Options pop up. That's all I have to do.

Everytime I type on ios10 I think my ceiling is leaking :p

That's fast! I wonder when the next 10.1 update will be because usually they fix the speed and battery life.

Ursus Rufus

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Are you tapping on your old post? Options pop up. That's all I have to do.

Everytime I type on ios10 I think my ceiling is leaking :p

That's fast! I wonder when the next 10.1 update will be because usually they fix the speed and battery life.

LOL so true about the new typing sound haha you're a card! ;)

Don't like it as much as the old one myself. Not nearly as much. Of course a lot of people (I'd venture to say the majority?) would say we're nuts for even wanting the sound enabled.

One thing about it I like though is it is a bit louder. I have bad tinnitus so any rise in volume is good.

Yep tapping on my old post but no option to edit appears. Not on my iPhone.

Having some other minor issues such as images from friends not showing properly in SMS & the occasional frozen screen. Overall though really like the new OS. Music & clock apps are wayy better looking & functioning than they have been in years & oh btw I really like the new bedtime thing. Works great. Going to use it all the time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711