Storage problems 5c 8gb

jasmine25

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I have a 5c with 8gb full but in the manage storage setting my apps and data total to less than 1gb. I have deleted all photos as well.

Where has my storage gone?

Thanks.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I had similar issues when I had my 5s (16gb) and it is frustrating! One thing I found that helped was to stop storing texts forever. Settings > Messages > Message History > Keep Messages. You can then switch from "Forever" to either 30 Days or 1 Year. You will then be asked if you want to delete older messages. If you want to delete older messages, simply tap Delete to proceed. When I did this, I was amazed at how much space opened up!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Shoot! Ok, have you tried clearing out your Safari Cache? Also, do you have any music loaded onto your phone that you don't listen to or Apps that you don't use?

jasmine25

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Tried that too. What's weird is how when I delete an app space isn't freed. I know this because I try downloading the exact same app and it says I don't have storage room.

It's as if there's some invisible stream of data installing on my phone in the background!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Be sure the "recently deleted" album is cleaned out. Delete all those. How much music is on there? Do you delete your messages? They take space, especially photos and videos. You can upload photos to cloud based apps like Box and Dropbox, then delete from the camera roll.
Turn off photo stream.
Some of it could be what's called "other". To delete that, you need to plug in to a computer and restore the phone.
Delete emails. Especially with photos.
Be sure you're not looking at iCloud storage. It's different from the phone's storage.

jasmine25

Jun 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your help all but I actually just figured out the issue. Apparently it was data stored in the 'temporary download' folder (some sort of invisible cache of data). It was about 3gb worth of crap on my phone and I needed a 3rd party program to delete it - I used a program called Macgo iphone explorer (use at your own risk) and pressed Clean My Iphone.. walla!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711