Why is the memory available on my iPhone not going down when I delete apps?

I

iMore Question

why is memory available on my iphone not going down when I delete apps.

I have an Iphone 5c that says 5g but 0 available. I delete an app that has 200m and restart my phone then go in and it still says I have 0 available memory. and if you total all the apps that are they only add up to a little under 1.8g

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is memory available on my iphone not going down when I delete apps.

Since you have a 5 GB limit, I'm going to assume that your iCloud storage is full. If you have a bunch of pics on your device(s), you need to either purchase additional iCloud storage or offload some of your pics to a computer, external drive or a different cloud service like Microsoft's OneDrive or Dropbox, etc. to free up iCloud storage space.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Your available storage isn't going down because you're looking at your iCloud storage, not your local device storage. iPhones have never come in 5 GB variations. To see your local storage, go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage. You should see two separate sets of figures. The first set, labeles "Storage" refers to your local device storage (where your apps are stored). The second set, labeled "iCloud" refers to your available iCloud storage, just as @Just_Me_D stated in his reply. If you want to see what's using up iCloud storage space, tap on Manage Storage and you'll see a list.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Delete your recently deleted album. That should help your iCloud storage issue.

LoucyC

May 13, 2016
Visit site
To get more storage ion your iPhone, firstly go to Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud -> Manage Storage, so you can know what exactly using up you space. And choose the apps which occupy large space to delete.
If you don't want to delete these app, you can uninstall and reintall the apps, this will also save some space, as the caches and other junk files of these apps will be removed by this way.

Usually, apps, videos occupy large space on your iPhone. So you turn to delete apps.
But what to do if it dosen't work? Well, there are many freeware that can clean up junk files and temporary files for your iPhone, you can have a try and see if it works.