Did my iPhone break down, or just the battery?

NafcMontana

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi

I recently bought a new iPhone 6, so my 5C was just laying in my drawer. Before I started using the 6, I resetted the 5C. The battery life of it wasn't really that good... After resetting it, I didn't use it for like a month or so. The battery was dead, and when I charged it, the low red battery appeared, after that the apple logo popped up for like 5sec. and then he shuts down and does that all over again... It has been charging all night but it still is doing the same.

I got it in safe mode now and I am trying to restore it, because the screen says I need to connect to iTunes. But after iTunes unpacks the software and prepares the iPhone to update, the iPhone shuts down and reboots with the "Connect to iTunes"-screen.

I think my battery is just completely dead and he doesn't start/restore because it doesn't have enough power...

What do you guys think?

Thx

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My money is on a dead battery. Apple's iPhone batteries are designed to retain 80% of their original capacity for 500 full charge cycles. After that you're in borrowed time and, let's face it, that 5c is pretty old.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW