How usable is 8GB iPhone nowadays?

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Just curious, if you guys can manage to live with 8GB 5C and if you use any apps to routinely clear storage like transferring and then deleting or resizing pictures automatically?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
For ME, not at all, it's just not worth the trouble and neither is 16gb. Why worry about managing and cloud storage when I don't have to with today's technology.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
With the size of the OS, it's really only a legitimate option for people who use minimal apps, don't really take pictures and don't load any music on their device.

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
That's me, very few pictures and if I want to listen to music, I turn radio on. Get a lot pictures n movies, I transfer to computer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you are using the phone as just that a phone. You don't download apps or take tons of pictures then 8gb is fine. We deploy 8gb devices to some of our users because installing apps or using the device for personal use is not allowed.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, if you use iOS 9, it's a little smaller than iOS 8. So that'll help a little. However, I'd venture to say unless you use the cloud or upgrade frequently, it's likely you'll hit a storage dilemma. Though that's just me that thinks that way, depending on your usage, you may be just fine.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies, I guess I'll pass even with $150 offer from AT&T or $250 price from BestBuy, because I was thinking of getting one for my wife. I guess with 5C being discontinued, there is no chance of getting any affordable iPhone anymore. Maybe I can find 5S on sale or something.

Spencer,I noticed you said even 16GB is not very useful, how much is available for user on 16GB?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies, I guess I'll pass even with $150 offer from AT&T or $250 price from BestBuy, because I was thinking of getting one for my wife. I guess with 5C being discontinued, there is no chance of getting any affordable iPhone anymore. Maybe I can find 5S on sale or something.

Spencer,I noticed you said even 16GB is not very useful, how much is available for user on 16GB?

I use a 16gb device and its fine. I have around 9.5 gb free. I don't store music on my device and I save photos to Dropbox.

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I use a 16gb device and its fine. I have around 9.5 gb free. I don't store music on my device and I save photos to Dropbox.

Thanks, I guess music is the main issue, and without unlimited data it will be a problem, but photos usually go to dropbox and still remain on the device, don't they? Do you mean you keep deleting them regularly?

I'd assume there would be some apps, something that syncs to Dropbox, then resizes the one on the phone to maintain lower footprint.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I guess music is the main issue, and without unlimited data it will be a problem, but photos usually go to dropbox and still remain on the device, don't they? Do you mean you keep deleting them regularly?

I'd assume there would be some apps, something that syncs to Dropbox, then resizes the one on the phone to maintain lower footprint.

I don't keep any photos everything goes to Dropbox. I don't save a lot of photos.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77