In order to gift phone to youngster, how do I make sure I disconnect iCloud account?

Eight Ball

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
When I see iPhone for sale on swappa, one of the questions that comes up over and over again is people asking if the phone is iCloud cleared. I might not understand what they are asking, but I want to make sure that my apple account is no longer on my phone and that my nephew can use his apple account when I give the phone to him.

I'm sure there are probably lots of guides, but is doing a factory reset enough, and then him designating the device as "new" on his account. Don't I have to de-register my device somewhere in my apple account.

Thanks. I'm posting before this thread disappears. Sadly, after tomorrow I think iMore will get rid of the 5c as a standalone thread and put it with the other older iPhones.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Turn off find my iPhone, sign out of iCloud and wipe the device. All good to go for the next user.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eight Ball

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
When I do all that above and then give the phone, will he be able to get the IMEI number off the phone without a sim card or will he be stuck at welcome screen? I don't have the box and he'll have to get imei off a phone to order sim.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73