Hi, I have brought an Iphone 5c. When I turned it on it was locked due to incorrect passcode error and it told me to wait a stupid 6 figure amount of minutes. So I plugged it in to I tunes and restored. Now im stuck at the activation screen. With details of the owener saying its lost!! :-( gutted. I have contacted the owner but no response but they do have another iphone as my text was sent through "iMessage".Guessing he wont be too bothered now but you never know!

SO im stuck. Is there anyway I can jailbreak it? It has 8.4 on it now and I'm hoping I can use it one way or another?

Any help would be most appreciated!!

Thanks

Kirsty :-)

UPDATE -------------------------------------------------------

Spoke to the owner this evening and he has no idea of the phone? It is his number but not his email address? He said he has never lost a phone!?!

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this activation bypassed please?

Thanks

K
    Last edited by Kirsty Hardy; 08-13-2015 at 04:58 PM.
    08-13-2015 10:00 AM
    It's activation locked. You can't bypass it. Jalibreaking would do nothing. Get your money back from the miscreant that sold you a worthless device.
    08-13-2015 10:13 AM
    Hi, I have brought an Iphone 5c. When I turned it on it was locked due to incorrect passcode error and it told me to wait a stupid 6 figure amount of minutes. So I plugged it in to I tunes and restored. Now im stuck at the activation screen. With details of the owener saying its lost!! :-( gutted. I have contacted the owner but no response but they do have another iphone as my text was sent through "iMessage".Guessing he wont be too bothered now but you never know!

SO im stuck. Is there anyway I can jailbreak it? It has 8.4 on it now and I'm hoping I can use it one way or another?

Any help would be most appreciated!!

Thanks

Kirsty :-)
    Apple added the Activation Lock to iOS 7 to combat the rampant unauthorized reselling of lost/stolen devices. There is no way around this lockout… your only options are to contact the person you bought it from and (1) get the seller to remove the device from their iCloud account, or (2) get your money back. If you bought it from an honest/legitimate seller, they’ll help you out. If you bought a stolen device from a scumbag, you are simply SOL, and you now own a pretty, albeit expensive, paperweight. You might be able to get a refund if you paid for the device with Paypal - just file a claim and see what happens. Otherwise, you are simply out of luck.

If you purchased the device from someone on eBay or CraigsList or a similar site, take whatever recourse you have against the seller to recover your cash.

In the future, before you buy a used iOS device make sure there is no active Activation Lock enabled that device. Just get either the serial number or IMEI and enter it here. Apple will report the status of the device.

https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/
    kch50428 likes this.
    08-13-2015 11:54 AM
    You will need to by pass the activation screen before you can jailbreak it. No other way around other than returning the phone to who ever sell it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-13-2015 12:36 PM
    Keep trying the original owner. Might get lucky.
    08-13-2015 03:38 PM

Spoke to the owner this evening and he has no idea of the phone? It is his number but not his email address? He said he has never lost a phone!?!

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this activation bypassed please?

Thanks

K
    08-13-2015 04:58 PM

Thanks

K
    Nope. You will be unable to use the device as it was intended to be used. Sorry.
    08-13-2015 05:02 PM

Thanks

K
    It cannot be done. If the previous "owner" cannot help you, it's a paperweight. Your only recourse is against whomever you bought it from.
    08-13-2015 05:03 PM
    Hi all.....

Just pulled the Sim tray out and there is a Nigerian Sim in it? Contacted the owner and it is his number but not his email address that its showing me!

Would downgrading to Ios 7 work?

Thanks for the repsones!!
    08-14-2015 07:37 AM
    Hi all.....

Just pulled the Sim tray out and there is a Nigerian Sim in it? Contacted the owner and it is his number but not his email address that its showing me!

Would downgrading to Ios 7 work?

Thanks for the repsones!!
    What part of "there's nothing you can do to make the device work on your account" eludes you?
    IAmSixNine likes this.
    08-14-2015 07:43 AM