What's the 5C like to use every day? Does the plastic mark easily, etc?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
That 5c "Plastic" is a very durable material used to make the cockpit windshield of some jet aircraft. It's not exactly Lego grade plastic. Early iPhones were made of it. It's called Polycarbonate.
Read:
http://m.imore.com/even-apples-plastic-better-about-iphone-5cs-polycarbonate-back

As a Lego fan I can tell you that Legos are made out of extremely high-quality plastic...it may be polycarbonate as well. It's the Lego knock-offs that are made out of the cheap stuff.

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I got the 5c today, it's surprisingly nice to hold and use. I'll be very happy using this for a while and I don't think I'll need a case.

This was supposed to be a refurb and it was priced accordingly, ?120 sterling. However, when I checked the serial number on the Apple website I found this.

iMoreAppImg_20150721_191412.jpg

I have a full years Apple warranty. Surely that would indicate that the phone was brand new. It certainly feels and looks brand new.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I got the 5c today, it's surprisingly nice to hold and use. I'll be very happy using this for a while and I don't think I'll need a case.

This was supposed to be a refurb and it was priced accordingly, ?120 sterling. However, when I checked the serial number on the Apple website I found this.

View attachment 85653

I have a full years Apple warranty. Surely that would indicate that the phone was brand new. It certainly feels and looks brand new.

How much storage does your 5c have? I just can't believe that AT&T still wants $450 for an 8GB 5c outright. It's like they're preying on customer's lack of knowledge (ignorance sounded mean).

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
How much storage does your 5c have? I just can't believe that AT&T still wants $450 for an 8GB 5c outright. It's like they're preying on customer's lack of knowledge (ignorance sounded mean).

It's an 8GB model. That's fine by me as it's a stopgap for a few months. I should get back what I paid for it easily.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 85653

Refurbs get a 1 year warranty.
https://www.apple.com/shop/question...-model-have-a-warranty/QATXKK79HUKT9JCH7#mn_p

IndyMacGuy

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
I've had my green one for about a year now, no case. It's taken a pretty good beating. Shortly after I got it, I dropped it while riding my bike. It took some gouges, but it's been really stable ever since. I probably drop it about twice a week. I hold my breath every time, but it always comes through okay.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
That phone is made like a tank, I seriously loved it. I want another one but with touch ID. I'm totally keeping all fingers and toes crossed for that rumored 6c...

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.

Pedals

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I had one for about a year before I got the 6. I had a white one. I always thought a white case with the black screen was the one to have. I really liked that part. I used a case and the one time I had it out of a case it dropped on a floor and got a slight scratch on it. I'd still like having that phone if it had been offered in the 64GB capacity. 32GB wasn't quite enough for me and even now they're nowhere near that capacity.

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
A couple of weeks in now and I'm very happy with the 5c, so happy that I may not upgrade when the 6s arrives. The polycarbonate is very comfortable to hold and has a nice weight to it and the iPhone is more than fast enough.

koltonh2002

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I've had my 5c for 18 months and I love it. i keep it in an otterbox just because of past experience, but I'm sure it would be fine without. it isn't quite as slow as everybody says--it's my primary device and I use iOS 9 beta on it and it still runs near perfect. it's an overall great phone...but I'm still excited to get the 6s in December when my 2 years are done. here's a picture taken with the 5c. the only edit was adding saturation. it's a great camera! iMoreAppImg_20150804_084747.jpg

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a yellow 5C and I did put a case on it for over six month but notice many 5C users did not. So I took my off and much better experience. Much slimmer and easier to handle. Like it much more with out the case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2