Why does my iPhone 5c time freeze when I unlock it?

muckymarshall

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Iphone 5c time and wi fi problems

hello everyone

thank you in advance, i have bought a 5c (secondhand) but im having a few issues. Everytime i lock my screen the time freezes, i have played about with timezones and i have also set it to manual time and finally toggled the time zone setting in location services. On top of this the wi fi periodically does not work. My phone is connected to giff gaff (o2 network) in england.

Again thank you in advance for any help but i worry if ive bought a dud phone and should i return it as it does have a years warranty.

mike

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Iphone 5c time and wi fi problems

Restore your iPhone 5C and set it up as new.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

hello

ive factory reset the phone and set up as a new phone today, unfortunately it still has the time lag problem, do you have more ideas?

thanks again

mike

In your initial post, you stated that whenever you lock your phone, the time freezes. Is that the time lag issue you're now referring to? If so, and to make sure I'm understanding you, when you lock your screen, are you saying that the time does not change from 9:19 to 9:20, for example, after a minute?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Iphone 5c time and wi fi problems

Just in case, go to Settings - General - Language & Region - Advanced, and then make sure that "Automatic" is set.

muckymarshall

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Just in case, go to Settings - General - Language & Region - Advanced, and then make sure that "Automatic" is set.

hello

yes it is a time lag thing for instance the phone was locked at 4pm and just now the real time is 5.30pm but the phone time says 4pm still, i looked at the Settings - General - Language & Region - Advanced and yes it is set too automatic, i have made sure that the region settings are all correct also, could it be a battery thing? Thanks again i really do appreciate your help with this as its my sons first proper phone and he spent ?200 of his own money on it so thank you again.

mike

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

Just a suggestion, but try powering it off for 15 minutes. Then power it back on and see if that helps.

If not--and you can--I would exchange/return the phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2