Went back to the 5c over the 5s

gregoron

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I've had my white 5c for almost 2 months now after coming from a 5s. Prior to that, I had a 5c that I returned for the 5s. Before that, I came from a Nokia 925. My wife got the 5s.

Now the gold 5s is an awesome phone. It's faster and looks more premium than my 5c, but several things just really swayed me to the 5c.

I found the following subjective things better in the 5c than the 5s:

1. Ergonomics when held on one hand without a case.
2. Camera color is more saturated. I mean the colors just pop similar to those National Geographic photos.
3. The speaker has more bass sound and the volume sounds louder. I'm guessing the plastic body and thicker dimension contributes to better resonance.
4. Sound through the earphone seems better too.
5. The keypad is more accurate in my experience.
6. To me, it looks cooler even in just plain white.

I know that I'm giving up TouchID, better low light photos, better flash, faster processor, and longer life cycle from the 5s. But, the subjective things mentioned above are what's more important to me.

Again, I hope Apple supports the 5c for as long as possible because I'm really digging this phone.

123gettothechopper

May 30, 2014
Visit site
It seems you're fresh out of luck. As per the past, iPhones have been supported for 4 years i.e. 3 major iOS updates. Since the 5C based on the 5, it has a year left. This time, however, I think iOS 9 will run well on the 5 because it's far more modern and powerful than the previous ones. I personally think you should have stayed with the 5S, but to each his own
Cheers!

Cap_172R

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Glad you found the device you prefer. Everyone has his/her preference. Friends of mine have the 5C and its a great device. The only issue as you said is the support..5C and 5 are quite similar and should have around the same lifespan regarding OS updates.

gregoron

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Thank you both. I'll hang on to it for as long as I can. I really prefer its smaller form factor and camera color rendition to the newer iPhones. I hope they come out with something like it later on.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Apple may upgrade the 5C to 6C in 4.7".

WSJ -HK confirmed the 6C for 2015 3/12/2015 video!

Last edited:

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
It seems you're fresh out of luck. As per the past, iPhones have been supported for 4 years i.e. 3 major iOS updates. Since the 5C based on the 5, it has a year left. This time, however, I think iOS 9 will run well on the 5 because it's far more modern and powerful than the previous ones. I personally think you should have stayed with the 5S, but to each his own
Cheers!

I completely agree with you. I am using iPhone 5 since Mar 2013 and it has been darn good. Fast, reliable and stable!! Waiting for iOS 9..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods