Screen Flickering on my iPhone 5C.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Yesterday for the 2nd time in 2 months, the iPhone 5C's screen went all blank( phone is on and it rings, but no display) and after a few resets ( in the dark), slowly comes back to life. I managed to take a video this time and it can be seen in the link.
I took it to the Apple Service Centre, who opened and checked for any liquid damage/other issues, but couldn't find any. The phone also came back to life , when they closed it.
They have asked me to wait for it to happen again and then log a complaint with an online Apple service technician.

Any clues what could be the reason? I have restored as new, when it happened for the first time.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd send this video to the Apple Care department. Are you outside of your warranty period? How long have you had the device? Only one time have I seen this on another person's post. They said they'd accidentally left in their car. Have you ever (or think you might have) subjected this phone to extreme heat?

It's a weird and disheartening issue. You'll need to replace the whole device I think, that's what the conclusion was on the other post I believe.

lmd052300

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
It's just like an illusion happening in your phone you should bring to apple store to check. Very rare issue

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd send this video to the Apple Care department. Are you outside of your warranty period? How long have you had the device? Only one time have I seen this on another person's post. They said they'd accidentally left in their car. Have you ever (or think you might have) subjected this phone to extreme heat?

It's a weird and disheartening issue. You'll need to replace the whole device I think, that's what the conclusion was on the other post I believe.

I have the Apple Extended Warranty which which is valid till December 2015, so all covered on that front. My Mother uses it,so not much usage in the first place, except for abuse of Candy Crush :laughing: I will wait for her to complain again and take it up with an online Apple technician.

It's just like an illusion happening in your phone you should bring to apple store to check. Very rare issue

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk

I did take it to them. They opened the phone, removed the screen connectors, examined and screwed the phone back after which it was ok.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Update:
The screen flickered and went off again and after taking it back to Apple service, they opened and found that one connector was loosely fitted, probably due to a fall. The phone has been fine ever since.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Seems like the connector wasn't a problem. Back to the flickering and screen misbehaving. Apple Service has retained the phone for further observation and will take a call in 48 hrs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77