Facetime not working, just shows "Connecting"

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. I'm having a problem with my FaceTime on my iPhone 5C. It just shows "connecting" and just rings but never actually connects through.

What's weird is that the same thing happens on my wife's iPhone 5C.

I'm running iOS 7.1.1 and she's running iOS 7.0

Any ideas???

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Update both to ios 8

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk

We both have the 16GB models and don't have enough space to update to iOS 8.

Regardless though, this problem has been going in for a long time. Way before iOS was even released.

I tried signing out of my Apple ID and signing back in. So did she. That didn't help any.

lmd052300

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
You can manually download ios 8 ipsw. Perform a itunes backup of your iphone and then install ios 8 manualy and restore back the backuped generated. It's not easy enough but its the only way that you can update to ios 8 without loosing the iphone files and settings

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
What if I didn't want to update my iPhone to iOS 8, does this mean my FaceTime won't ever work then? Do I have to update in order to get FaceTime to work?

katiejaneshore

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
What if I didn't want to update my iPhone to iOS 8, does this mean my FaceTime won't ever work then? Do I have to update in order to get FaceTime to work?

Yes this issue is from iOS 7, an update in iOS 7 fixed this common issue. Without updating this issue will not be solved I'm afraid.

katiejaneshore

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
We both have the 16GB models and don't have enough space to update to iOS 8.

Regardless though, this problem has been going in for a long time. Way before iOS was even released.

I tried signing out of my Apple ID and signing back in. So did she. That didn't help any.

Save some photos and videos to your laptop or computer, update and pop them back on after :)

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Was able to update to iOS while connected to iTunes on my PC. Didn't have to end up saving or moving anything around.

Did the same for my wife's 5c and now both our FaceTime work.

Thanks for your help guys

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73