I have an iPhone 5c, updated to os8, I turned off iMessage and now cannot receive text messages from other iPhone users who have updated to os8 and have their iMessage activated. I turned it off because my personal phone texts were visible from iPad and desktop.

Question; is this a problem for anybody else? Is there a way to keep my cell messages isolated from other devices without creating a new user ID?

Thanks
    09-21-2014 08:51 AM
    I have an iPhone 5c, updated to os8, I turned off iMessage and now cannot receive text messages from other iPhone users who have updated to os8 and have their iMessage activated.
    All they need to do on their devices is go to Settings - Messages and then enable the button next to "Send as SMS".
    I turned it off because my personal phone texts were visible from iPad and desktop.
    Can't you disable iMessages on both the iPad and on your computer?

Question; is this a problem for anybody else?
    Not for me, it isn't...
    Is there a way to keep my cell messages isolated from other devices without creating a new user ID?

Thanks
    You lost me there. Why would you need to keep your messages "isolated" from other devices? I mean, unless the "other devices" are configured with your iCloud credentials, how would they appear on any other device?
    09-21-2014 07:28 PM