iCloud and 5c

Celandine

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Trying to help out a friend and since I didn't have a firm answer on his question, I hoped you all might. My friend has a 5c and wanted to update his phone to iOS 8. He didn't have enough memory for the update so had to move his pics/vids to Dropbox then delete from camera roll. After that he realized that he still has 3gb worth of pics that are taking up memory yet (but were transfered fine to DB). These were pics he took on an Android phone before he picked up his new 5c almost a year ago and which were transfered along with his contacts when he made the switch. He, for some strange reason, can't delete them.

Anyway, his thought was to reset his phone which would (he thought) erase from the phone memory the pictures. His concern was his contacts which he says he has over 100. Would he still be able to access his contacts via icloud.com or when he resets his phone to free up the 3gb, would it also erase contacts in the cloud?

Any help would be appreciated.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If his contacts are saved in icloud then yes- when he signed back in he would need to make sure contacts are selected for that account. Are these pics still in his photo album? Did he add them in a folder through itunes? He can delete them from itunes and re-sync his phone to delete them

Celandine

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
If his contacts are saved in icloud then yes- when he signed back in he would need to make sure contacts are selected for that account. Are these pics still in his photo album? Did he add them in a folder through itunes? He can delete them from itunes and re-sync his phone to delete them

Thanks! I'll pass this info over to him. He'll have to go through iTunes to make sure the contact toggle is set to sync to iCloud, right? Before he resync's his phone.

And yes, that's my guess (about pics being in photo album) which is why he was confused when the pictures couldn't be deleted.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No that's in mail contacts and calendars. If you tap on that account make sure the toggle for contacts is on

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
To be 1000 % certain I would also login to iCloud once synced, highlight all contacts (control and A in windows) and export to vcf and store that in DB as well! Just to be sure tho then once happy with that and pics reset device. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods