Anyone updated their 5c to ios 8?

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I updated my iPhone 5 on release day via iTunes and setup as new, my battery life seemed much less considering I had a new battery put in at the Apple Store last month, and was getting almost double on ios 7.1.2.. BUT I think it may be due to the problems being reported under diagnostics and usage, they happen every 15 mins or so!!! And I have checked like 10 or so friends iphones and they ALL have the same diagnostic errors, that HAS to be using alot of battery to create those book reports, yesterday 9/19 I restored back to 7.1.2, yes apple is still signing, and will wait until ios 8.0.1 comes out.. Anyone else getting hundreds of these errors in there diagnostics?
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1411243635.284917.jpg

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I updated my iPhone 5 on release day via iTunes and setup as new, my battery life seemed much less considering I had a new battery put in at the Apple Store last month, and was getting almost double on ios 7.1.2.. BUT I think it may be due to the problems being reported under diagnostics and usage, they happen every 15 mins or so!!! And I have checked like 10 or so friends iphones and they ALL have the same diagnostic errors, that HAS to be using alot of battery to create those book reports, yesterday 9/19 I restored back to 7.1.2, yes apple is still signing, and will wait until ios 8.0.1 comes out.. Anyone else getting hundreds of these errors in there diagnostics?
View attachment 65338

Where are finding that please? I checked my phone and came up empty.

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Where are finding that please? I checked my phone and came up empty.

In iOS 8 you can find these if you go into setting, then to privacy, then scroll all the way down to diagnostics.. every phone I have checked so far is having this problem, and I talked to a senior rep in IOS at Applecare and he said it was a known problem they were working on

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
In iOS 8 you can find these if you go into setting, then to privacy, then scroll all the way down to diagnostics.. every phone I have checked so far is having this problem, and I talked to a senior rep in IOS at Applecare and he said it was a known problem they were working on

Thanks, I will check it out, and send a screen shot.
Truthfully, I don't know exactly what that is. But I agree, it seems like an awful lot. And my battery life has been ok.
With the exception of yesterday. I was working on 1 Password, but deleted it because my battery life went south.
I thought it was because of the app. I also checked my iPad Mini. There are a slew of those diagnostics as well.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411257473.541984.jpg

Last edited:

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I will check it out, and send a screen shot.
Truthfully, I don't know exactly what that is. But I agree, it seems like an awful lot. And my battery life has been ok.
With the exception of yesterday. I was working on 1 Password, but deleted it because my battery life went south.
I thought it was because of the app.
View attachment 65371

If you look at each one it is honestly a long book report, so figure the battery it takes to produce that report, along with how much to keep sending it to Apple, it has to have some type of effect on battery life.. Plus who knows what is going wrong to keep creating these every 15 mins, my concern was it says inside Watchdog:Thermal Data Not Updating.. So I would assume it has something to do with the monitoring for the phone temp/overheating?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
If you look at each one it is honestly a long book report, so figure the battery it takes to produce that report, along with how much to keep sending it to Apple, it has to have some type of effect on battery life.. Plus who knows what is going wrong to keep creating these every 15 mins, my concern was it says inside Watchdog:Thermal Data Not Updating.. So I would assume it has something to do with the monitoring for the phone temp/overheating?

I opened one, and it is awfully long. I am wondering if a complete reset might fix the problem.
Apple is very good with bug fixes, so I am not overly concerned for now.

Last edited:

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I put phone in dfu, forced a new dl of ios 8 in itunes and set the phone up as new, setting EVERY app and setting back up and the errors were still there..I reinstalled ios 7.1.2 and will just keep that until a new update for ios 8 comes out, I am in no hurry.. Was really not much different for me.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I got rid of my Windows PC. So iTunes is not an option for me.
I guess we have to just sit, and wait out a fix. Thanks

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I also have these errors on my Air and 5C. I updated my Air through a clean install with my Mac/iTunes, where as I did my 5C OTA. I would've never known these were in my diags log if you haven't mentioned it here. I can add that both my idevices are running fine, both with good battery life, SO I'm not going to stress myself out about this and just wait on the next ios8 update and hopefully that'll fix it. It may sound ignorant but I never concern myself with the diags log because there are going to be errors here and there regardless of how "perfect" the device is running.

I don't fault you at all for being concerned either and reverting back to iOS 7.1.2. For me there are just too many great added features in iOS 8 that I couldn't find myself going back to iOS 7.1.2 I'm happy to hear that you were able to revert back and your device will run the way you want without having to worry about that issue:)

I do have the ipsw file for 7.1.2 saved on my Mac just in case anyone in my house not on ios8 may need it;)

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I disabled cell data access to Facebook and the battery is back to normal now as it was with iOS 7. Only 5% drain in 6 hrs while I was asleep.

Thanks for the suggestions though; will keep them in mind for any future needs. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5c or iPod touch 5th Gen using iMore Forums

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I disabled cell data access to Facebook and the battery is back to normal now as it was with iOS 7. Only 5% drain in 6 hrs while I was asleep.

Thanks for the suggestions though; will keep them in mind for any future needs. :)

How do you disable cell data? Thanks

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
How do you disable cell data? Thanks

To disable cellar data by each app, go into settings/cellular. Scroll down and you'll see all of your apps that use cellular data. From there you can toggle on/off what ever ones you want. If you toggle the data off of a particular app it will then only update when your connected to Wi-Fi.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
To disable cellar data by each app, go into settings/cellular. Scroll down and you'll see all of your apps that use cellular data. From there you can toggle on/off what ever ones you want. If you toggle the data off of a particular app it will then only update when your connected to Wi-Fi.

I see apps in my data that should be disabled. I only use them over WIFI, it's good to know. Thanks.

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My wife has the iPh 5c, I waited 3 days or so (Our daughter works for Apple in Central Florida) per our twerp's advice.

The upgrade went fast and smooth, the old lady loves the new operating system.

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
My wife has the iPh 5c, I waited 3 days or so (Our daughter works for Apple in Central Florida) per our twerp's advice.

The upgrade went fast and smooth, the old lady loves the new operating system.

Hope she is enjoying it. :)

Jason Sanford1

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
My roommate has a 5c and did the update the other day. First it automatically zoomed in on his lock screen, then the message came up, "Phone is disabled, connect to itunes." He took the phone to the apple store and they told him the only thing they could do is factory restore. ios8.0.1 at your own risk.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I must have spoken to soon. Suddenly, my battery life, is taking a trip south.

Joe, just curious. Did you ever figure out what caused your battery to take a dive on you the other day?

If not try a reset all settings, hard reboot, then drain the battery till it shuts off and then plug in to charge full up to 100% without interruption.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro