My Wife's 5c is doing fine on iOS 8.0.2. Those battery app use charts don't mean much. All it tells us is which apps we use the most. Mine has TapaTalk at the top. But why not. I'm here a lot. It is useful to show the app battery usage. But it doesn't mean the app is a battery hog. It just gets used a lot. The culprits are videos, intense games, display brightness and a few settings issues.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 10-20-2014 at 10:47 AM.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    10-02-2014 12:08 AM
    Thanks, I will check it out, and send a screen shot.
    Truthfully, I don't know exactly what that is. But I agree, it seems like an awful lot. And my battery life has been ok.
    With the exception of yesterday. I was working on 1 Password, but deleted it because my battery life went south.
    I thought it was because of the app. I also checked my iPad Mini. There are a slew of those diagnostics as well.
    Attachment 65371
    Getting this as well... Battery life for me is ok tho
    10-08-2014 03:23 PM
    Updated both my 5c's. The one updated via OTA was slow and laggy. The one I did a full restore then update on seems pretty smooth.

I'd recommend if it's possible to use a third party back up program.

That way you can set up as new but export in the things you need back onto the phone.
    usedberry likes this.
    10-20-2014 10:41 AM
    Updated both my 5c's. The one updated via OTA was slow and laggy. The one I did a full restore then update on seems pretty smooth.

That way you can set up as new but export in the things you need back onto the phone.
    My wife updated her 5c OTA to 8.0.2 with no problems. Runs smooth. Has a few of the iOS 8 bugs, but hopefully today's update will squash those. Thanks for the heads up.
    10-20-2014 10:52 AM

5c snappier here too! 🐾

Sent from my iPhone 5c or iPod touch 5th Gen using iMore Forums
    10-21-2014 03:01 AM
    I'm much happier with 8.1. It seems to have helped alleviate the safari lag and crash. The animations seem more obvious but not slower. Overall, it's pretty good.
    ThePinkChameleon and frozzy24 like this.
    10-21-2014 08:28 AM
    I just got the notice to update to iOS 8.1. I'm thinking of waiting another day, or at least until I'm connected to iTunes through my PC. Hopefully this update will speed things up again and not be so choppy. 👍

My two game apps I would lose my mind without just got all of the bugs out from the last fiasco, lol.

I still love my i5c though. 💞
    10-23-2014 01:47 AM
    iOS 8 is running like a champ on my 5c. No slow-downs whatsoever. I'm not a hardcore gamer though, so I don't really tax the CPU much. My iPad Mini 1G, that's a different story. Ugh!
    Oh man, my original Mini did not take to iOS 8 at all. I had to trade it in and update to the newer model. Ended up with a Mini 3.
    agl82 likes this.
    11-12-2014 08:36 AM
58 123