In iOS 8 you can find these if you go into setting, then to privacy, then scroll all the way down to diagnostics.. every phone I have checked so far is having this problem, and I talked to a senior rep in IOS at Applecare and he said it was a known problem they were working on
    Thanks, I will check it out, and send a screen shot.
    Truthfully, I don't know exactly what that is. But I agree, it seems like an awful lot. And my battery life has been ok.
    With the exception of yesterday. I was working on 1 Password, but deleted it because my battery life went south.
    I thought it was because of the app. I also checked my iPad Mini. There are a slew of those diagnostics as well.
    Anyone updated their 5c to ios 8?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1411257473.541984.jpg
    Last edited by joemd60; 09-20-2014 at 08:26 PM.
    09-20-2014 07:53 PM
    Thanks, I will check it out, and send a screen shot.
    Truthfully, I don't know exactly what that is. But I agree, it seems like an awful lot. And my battery life has been ok.
    With the exception of yesterday. I was working on 1 Password, but deleted it because my battery life went south.
    I thought it was because of the app.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411257473.541984.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	65371
    If you look at each one it is honestly a long book report, so figure the battery it takes to produce that report, along with how much to keep sending it to Apple, it has to have some type of effect on battery life.. Plus who knows what is going wrong to keep creating these every 15 mins, my concern was it says inside Watchdog:Thermal Data Not Updating.. So I would assume it has something to do with the monitoring for the phone temp/overheating?
    joemd60 likes this.
    09-20-2014 08:27 PM
    If you look at each one it is honestly a long book report, so figure the battery it takes to produce that report, along with how much to keep sending it to Apple, it has to have some type of effect on battery life.. Plus who knows what is going wrong to keep creating these every 15 mins, my concern was it says inside Watchdog:Thermal Data Not Updating.. So I would assume it has something to do with the monitoring for the phone temp/overheating?
    I opened one, and it is awfully long. I am wondering if a complete reset might fix the problem.
    Apple is very good with bug fixes, so I am not overly concerned for now.
    Last edited by joemd60; 09-20-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    09-20-2014 08:32 PM
    I put phone in dfu, forced a new dl of ios 8 in itunes and set the phone up as new, setting EVERY app and setting back up and the errors were still there..I reinstalled ios 7.1.2 and will just keep that until a new update for ios 8 comes out, I am in no hurry.. Was really not much different for me.
    09-20-2014 09:04 PM
    I got rid of my Windows PC. So iTunes is not an option for me.
    I guess we have to just sit, and wait out a fix. Thanks
    RescueEMT911 likes this.
    09-20-2014 09:06 PM
    In iOS 8 you can find these if you go into setting, then to privacy, then scroll all the way down to diagnostics.. every phone I have checked so far is having this problem, and I talked to a senior rep in IOS at Applecare and he said it was a known problem they were working on
    I also have these errors on my Air and 5C. I updated my Air through a clean install with my Mac/iTunes, where as I did my 5C OTA. I would've never known these were in my diags log if you haven't mentioned it here. I can add that both my idevices are running fine, both with good battery life, SO I'm not going to stress myself out about this and just wait on the next ios8 update and hopefully that'll fix it. It may sound ignorant but I never concern myself with the diags log because there are going to be errors here and there regardless of how "perfect" the device is running.

I don't fault you at all for being concerned either and reverting back to iOS 7.1.2. For me there are just too many great added features in iOS 8 that I couldn't find myself going back to iOS 7.1.2 I'm happy to hear that you were able to revert back and your device will run the way you want without having to worry about that issue

I do have the ipsw file for 7.1.2 saved on my Mac just in case anyone in my house not on ios8 may need it
    joemd60 and usedberry like this.
    09-21-2014 10:23 AM
    I disabled cell data access to Facebook and the battery is back to normal now as it was with iOS 7. Only 5% drain in 6 hrs while I was asleep.

Thanks for the suggestions though; will keep them in mind for any future needs.

Sent from my iPhone 5c or iPod touch 5th Gen using iMore Forums
    joemd60 likes this.
    09-21-2014 11:00 AM
    I disabled cell data access to Facebook and the battery is back to normal now as it was with iOS 7. Only 5% drain in 6 hrs while I was asleep.

Thanks for the suggestions though; will keep them in mind for any future needs.

How do you disable cell data? Thanks
    09-21-2014 11:26 AM
    How do you disable cell data? Thanks
    To disable cellar data by each app, go into settings/cellular. Scroll down and you'll see all of your apps that use cellular data. From there you can toggle on/off what ever ones you want. If you toggle the data off of a particular app it will then only update when your connected to Wi-Fi.
    usedberry and joemd60 like this.
    09-21-2014 11:30 AM
    To disable cellar data by each app, go into settings/cellular. Scroll down and you'll see all of your apps that use cellular data. From there you can toggle on/off what ever ones you want. If you toggle the data off of a particular app it will then only update when your connected to Wi-Fi.
    I see apps in my data that should be disabled. I only use them over WIFI, it's good to know. Thanks.
    09-21-2014 11:36 AM
    I must have spoken to soon. Suddenly, my battery life, is taking a trip south.
    09-21-2014 04:37 PM
    My wife has the iPh 5c, I waited 3 days or so (Our daughter works for Apple in Central Florida) per our twerp's advice.

The upgrade went fast and smooth, the old lady loves the new operating system.
    usedberry and joemd60 like this.
    09-23-2014 09:04 AM
    My wife has the iPh 5c, I waited 3 days or so (Our daughter works for Apple in Central Florida) per our twerp's advice.

The upgrade went fast and smooth, the old lady loves the new operating system.
    Hope she is enjoying it.

09-23-2014 09:06 AM
    My roommate has a 5c and did the update the other day. First it automatically zoomed in on his lock screen, then the message came up, "Phone is disabled, connect to itunes." He took the phone to the apple store and they told him the only thing they could do is factory restore. ios8.0.1 at your own risk.
    09-26-2014 11:16 AM
    I must have spoken to soon. Suddenly, my battery life, is taking a trip south.
    Joe, just curious. Did you ever figure out what caused your battery to take a dive on you the other day?

If not try a reset all settings, hard reboot, then drain the battery till it shuts off and then plug in to charge full up to 100% without interruption.
    joemd60 likes this.
    09-26-2014 11:20 AM
    Joe, just curious. Did you ever figure out what caused your battery to take a dive on you the other day?

If not try a reset all settings, hard reboot, then drain the battery till it shuts off and then plug in to charge full up to 100% without interruption.
    Anyone updated their 5c to ios 8?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1411745502.707717.jpg

Hello there, not sure if the Tapatalk app is causing it, which would be pretty funny.
    I did a hard reset this morning, after I finished downloading 8.0.2.
    I only did the hard reset because my phone acted up.
    For a moment there, I could not call anyone on my contact list.
    I hit the phone icon within my contact, and nothing would happen.
    If my battery life is still worse, I will follow your advice.
    Maybe even go as far as completely wiping the phone, and starting new.
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Last edited by joemd60; 09-26-2014 at 06:31 PM.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    09-26-2014 11:34 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411745502.707717.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	66323

Hello there, not sure if the Tapatalk app is causing it, which would be pretty funny.
    I did a hard reset this morning, after I finished downloading 8.0.2.
    I only did the hard reset because my phone acted up.
    For a moment there, I could not call anyone on my contact list.
    I hit the phone icon within my contact, and nothing would happen.
    If my battery life still is worse, I will follow your advice.
    Maybe even go as far as completely wiping the phone, and starting new.
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Your welcome!

I don't use tapatalk so I can't comment on it. The only thing I can think of is perhaps tapatalk has a setting thats updating the app in the background...? Like background app refresh.

Also the hard reboot you did this morning aft installing iOS 8.0.2 may have been a positive thing and hopefully jogged free what ever could've been eating you battery. Fingers crossed.

And yes worse case scenario, wipe the phone and start fresh.

Good luck hopefully your battery settles down now.
    joemd60 and frozzy24 like this.
    09-26-2014 11:41 AM
    Your welcome!

I don't use tapatalk so I can't comment on it. The only thing I can think of is perhaps tapatalk has a setting thats updating the app in the background...? Like background app refresh.

Also the hard reboot you did this morning aft installing iOS 8.0.2 may have been a positive thing and hopefully jogged free what ever could've been eating you battery. Fingers crossed.

Wiping the phone can be a PITA, and a last resort. But not the end of the world either.
    If the phone is sucking wind by dinner time, then I will do it.Thanks much for the advice, and well wishes.
    09-26-2014 11:56 AM
    Your welcome!

Thanks for the tip on the background app refresh thing. This is my first iPhone and I've had it since Christmas, the software update thing is kind of new, there was couple of small ones earlier this year...but syncing my apps have become a bother. I've removed the few I can live without.....and there are only a few that I can't, but I shall stop them from refreshing in the background, and hopefully my battery life will last a full day again.

I did have to get a new usb cord though, the wires disconnected...on both ends! Odd.

It pays to read all the messages here. Thanks everyone!
    09-26-2014 06:02 PM
    My husband updated to IOS8 last week on his iPhone 5c. Don't do it, he has had more problems even after updating the so called fix a few days later. He cannot open e mails, he has to turn on and off his phone to get to them, and most of the time he can't open. And if you have an IPad, don't do it, Safari takes so long to load, then it freezes, some apps don't open. It's a mess
    09-28-2014 03:01 PM
    My husband updated to IOS8 last week on his iPhone 5c. Don't do it, he has had more problems even after updating the so called fix a few days later. He cannot open e mails, he has to turn on and off his phone to get to them, and most of the time he can't open. And if you have an IPad, don't do it, Safari takes so long to load, then it freezes, some apps don't open. It's a mess
    Mine was very bad until I did a reset and set up as new. Been working flawlessly since then

Posted via iMore App
    09-28-2014 03:29 PM
    Thanks, I'll tell him, did you lose anything or have to do something to save contacts, or what re set did you do. I know there is a back to factory settings
    09-28-2014 03:33 PM
    One of my ex-wives has a 5c and was wondering the same thing. Good to get some answers.
    09-28-2014 03:39 PM
    Yes, effectively everything will be wiped.

Apps/music/films can be re downloaded from the app store/iTunes store

Contacts/mail/calendars should be synced to a cloud account and will automatically reinstall upon signing in.

It'd be a good idea to backup any pictures to a cloud storage which can then be re downloaded after.

Texts will be lost so check there's nothing important in there first

It isn't as much work as it sounds and is 100% worth taking the time to do it for the performance increase you'll experience after.

To be safe, do a full icloud backup first so you can go back to square one if you do erase something you desperately need back at a later date

Posted via iMore App
    09-28-2014 06:00 PM
    I updated to iOS 8. I had a lot of problems once I updated to 8.0.2. Lost signal emails not going through. I have done 3 hard resets and ran the battery all the way down. So far since then seems like everything is working as normal. I will see how the next 24 hrs go.
    10-01-2014 11:40 PM
58 123