That's very true. The school did not let parents know, mostly they saw that everyone already had a smartphone and just went with it

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    School assumed, bad move, could lead to lawsuits.
    02-15-2014 04:33 PM
    School assumed, bad move, could lead to lawsuits.
    Well technically there are other options. For example, we have an easily accessible computer lab, some teachers don't use these methods, etc.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    02-15-2014 04:35 PM
    Has she gotten her new phone yet? If so, what did she choose?
    My wife has decided to not move over from the Dark Side (Verizon) just yet so she still has her 4s.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 
    02-15-2014 08:52 PM
    My wife has decided to not move over from the Dark Side (Verizon) just yet so she still has her 4s.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 
    Ah, gotcha. Does she have grandfathered unlimited data with Verizon? I use about 5GB of data per month and my boyfriend uses about 6GB so we have like four or five upgrades that we can't use because we'd lose our unlimited data. Paying full retail for our phones really sucks but we'd pay more than that in data overages in a couple month's time so we don't really have a choice.

So if she and your daughter do have unlimited data, they could probably sell their plans (by doing a transfer of liability) when they switch, maybe for enough money to pay for at least one of the new iPhones.
    02-15-2014 11:23 PM
    Ah, gotcha. Does she have grandfathered unlimited data with Verizon? I use about 5GB of data per month and my boyfriend uses about 6GB so we have like four or five upgrades that we can't use because we'd lose our unlimited data. Paying full retail for our phones really sucks but we'd pay more than that in data overages in a couple month's time so we don't really have a choice.

So if she and your daughter do have unlimited data, they could probably sell their plans (by doing a transfer of liability) when they switch, maybe for enough money to pay for at least one of the new iPhones.
    Na, they don't have unlimited data. My daughter's quota is 1GB/month. She chews through it in about a day streaming various poopoo.

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64
    02-16-2014 05:58 AM
    I noticed that too.
    my little sister who is 13 years old wants a new 5S for her birthday.
    My opinion is that she is too little for such a delicate device.
    03-26-2014 08:26 AM
    I noticed that too.
    my little sister who is 13 years old wants a new 5S for her birthday.
    My opinion is that she is too little for such a delicate device.
    It depends on the kid. I bought my 13 year-old cousin an iPad Mini for Christmas and it looks like the day she took it out of the box.
    03-26-2014 08:41 PM
    I am a year younger than your step daughter. I have been deciding between a 5s and 5c, tho my dad said I have to save up 200 to get it for Christmas. The 5s I feel is too fragile, you feel like you're gonna break it so u need to be very careful with it. If I'm honest, I prefer the 5c because it's in lots of different colours, apple have great cases for them and I think the 5s is more like a formal phone for adults than a cool teenager phone.
    07-28-2014 05:32 PM
    I am a year younger than your step daughter. I have been deciding between a 5s and 5c, tho my dad said I have to save up 200 to get it for Christmas. The 5s I feel is too fragile, you feel like you're gonna break it so u need to be very careful with it. If I'm honest, I prefer the 5c because it's in lots of different colours, apple have great cases for them and I think the 5s is more like a formal phone for adults than a cool teenager phone.
    If you're getting it at Christmas time, wait to see what the iPhone 6 announcement brings.
    08-01-2014 10:24 PM
    You're a kid, go for the 5C! It's all about colors and cotton candy at your age. Since you're saving up, see what phone Apple announces next month. It'll be better!
    08-01-2014 10:39 PM
    Most teenage girls own a 5C. Even if that is stereotypical..
    08-02-2014 02:49 AM
61 123