Call quality on the 5C

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
This could just be my experience, but I've noticed a HUGE difference in call quality in my 5C as opposed to my old 5. Can anyone explain this? The 5 was never bad, but the 5C seems far and away better.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife has an iPhone 5C and I can't tell the difference in call quality in comparison to my iPhone 5.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've used a family members 5C for a few conversations and to me it sounded like my 5S.
I'm not sure but call quality can work both ways depending on what the other party has. My buddy had a My Touch?.....on tmobile and calls from him were painful. I was using a 4S. He got a iPhone 5 this past summer and I still had the 4S and it's was a 100% improvement.

anon7833325

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
May have just been a bad unit. I've had a 4, 4S, 5 and 5C and they've all had the same really good call quality. Then again, I could just be crazy and not observant.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It could very well be better call on on your new 5C. If your old phone even though not bad and you were so use to it, So much depends on the call or sound quality. I bet you are enjoying it more so that is all that counts. I seem to be able to hear people better on my 5S when I talk to others that either have a 4S even or a 5 or 5C and of course 5S. Could maybe be as overall the OS and all the changes to make the sound quality that much better. Thank you for asking and letting us know.:yes:

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the answers. Took a couple more calls today. Maybe my ears were full of water during my iPhone 5 time? Lol. Whatever it is, I hope it continues because it's been a pleasure to actually talk on this phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox