Something I never could do on my BlackBerry.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I loved my legacy BlackBerry! I miss some of its features.

But... I just booked an entire trip using the apps and web on my iphone. I LOVE. Flight, bus ticket, car rental, retreat.

I def couldn't do that on my old BlackBerry. It was great to be able to do that. Really convenient and I'm loving have functional apps finally.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I loved my legacy BlackBerry! I miss some of its features.

But... I just booked an entire trip using the apps and web on my iphone. I LOVE. Flight, bus ticket, car rental, retreat.

I def couldn't do that on my old BlackBerry. It was great to be able to do that. Really convenient and I'm loving have functional apps finally.

Very cool.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
You haven't used bb10 berry then. I have easily booked flight on my z10 and the bb10 browser is best mobile browser I've ever used. Note I also have a 5s.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
You haven't used bb10 berry then. I have easily booked flight on my z10 and the bb10 browser is best mobile browser I've ever used. Note I also have a 5s.

I tried out BB10 and I was considering getting the Q when I was deciding what to get next. In the end, BB10 just didn't have the apps that I used. When I was upgrading BB10 didn't even have a Bank of America app. It didn't have apps that I used on my 9930. The BOA has a mobile sure for BlackBerry but that doesn't do mobile deposit.

BlackBerry 10 web is good though. But for me the apps are way quicker and better optimized for mobile. Some apps I now use on my iPhone don't have a mobile site. So I just went without on BlackBerry.

Also I was getting into podcasts and iTunes University a lot. It was just easier to go iPhone than to download things on iTunes and then save to my BlackBerry , which is what I had been doing.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
:yes: sounds great, have a lot of BB friends and I wish they'd have the same eye-opener experience. What makes it even cooler (in my opinion) is to be able to store some of those tickets right in your passbook app, comes in super handy and you need to carry less documents around. Trying to use it as often as possible, works for most sport events and concerts where I live plus domestic flying. Loving it. :heart:

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I agree the ecosystem for bb10 , the apps, weren't there initially , it has the major ones now, and agree the maturity of these apps is coming along , my point though the bb10 OS itself is brilliant! Gestures based oS are the move, steeper learning curve, but actual productivity is night and day from android and iOS, you actually multitask with bb10 , gestures based. I never really thought about it, example, getting. Notification , Ie text and not having to leave current app to view it. The browser isn't as convenient as apps, but bb10 browser is easily best I've seen , it can even mimic being desktop so you don't ever get mobile version of site.

In any case, it's shame bberry has so much bad press right now, because bb10 is actually pretty awesome as is the z10, if app support keeps coming and their management can get a clue about marketing, it will be great for competition and great for us as consumers.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It is very nice! We all just about loved BlackBerry at some point, but we know it can't do the things that the iPhone can. Welcome !

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Thank you! I'm trying the free World Mate now. I see there's the paid version for only 3.99. That's much better than 50 a year subscription.

bbdodgersdude

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! I'm trying the free World Mate now. I see there's the paid version for only 3.99. That's much better than 50 a year subscription.

Yes blackberry travel is the same as world mate. Blackberry has a agreement with world mate. Anyway the paid version is great. One thing that is better then the blackberry travel version is that you can view past trips on iOS world mate. You will enjoy it. Lets us know if your like the app.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Orbitz for about 10 years now. The iPhone app is really good. The BlackBerry app was not at all. I think it was just the mobile site.

Also am living the airbnb app!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW