New white 5C gap between screen and case

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Had my new 5C for a week now and i'm loving it after coming from a galaxy s2 i had for the last 2 years. Only issue which is bugging me a bit is a very slight gap between the top of the screen and the case. Now it is tiny and you have to look hard but it is there and i can easily slide a piece of paper along the gap. I know i'm being picky but just trying to find out if its pretty normal, the phone feels extremely well made and solid so i'm not worried about the screen falling out or anything,lol
I have now got a case on it so i can't see it at the moment, needed a case because the phone like my old s2 is very slippery and i dropped my s2 a fair few times so expecting it to happen with my 5c too,lol

so can anyone else see if they have this slight gap in the case? I'm not local to an apple store to take it and exchange it and don't think it's worth posting off to be changed to be honest.

Thanks all.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
If you can slide a piece of paper in , I think dust can also enter. You might want to bring it into an Apple store.

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Well the dust shouldn't be an issue as i'm using a case and it covers the gap. Was really just trying to establish if it was a common issue. If later on i notice its any worse then i would see about taking it in but it's a bit of a pain to get to the store.
Thanks for replying!

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a white iPhone 5c and don't have any gaps, I would return it if possbile before it does become an issue.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Just got my white iPhone 5C and don't have any gap in the screen/case. I agree with everyone else, exchange at Apple

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Just to update for those interested i got the phone swapped today. New phone has no dead pixels which is good but still a tiny tiny gap at the top right. It's better than the last one though so im happy. Going to wait 11 months and maybe swap it again before the warranty runs out,lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711