It's very durable! Watch phone doctors drop test on YouTube. The 5c showed less ware from being dropped, then the 5s did.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    02-04-2014 07:23 AM
    The 5c may feel tough but the internet torture tests unfortunately show the screen shatters as easily as a 5s.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    I'm gonna have to look that up. My daughter does drop things a lot.
    02-04-2014 07:33 AM
    Why couldn't they just make a black 5C? Why?! Why, why, why!!!???

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE
    SandeepRoy likes this.
    02-06-2014 03:14 PM
    They sell too many black phones, that would cut into the 5S.
    02-06-2014 03:18 PM
    Yeah, yeah, I thought that as well, but it sure would've been nice. They could have made the Space Grey 5s all Space Grey with no black accents. (that'd have been slick too, IMO). ...but a black 5c would still eat into 5s sales and into sales of the other colored 5c's as well. It'd prolly have been the most popular iPhone.

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE
    eyecrispy likes this.
    02-06-2014 03:44 PM
    I would have loved to have a black 5C. I just purchased a bunch of white ones for work.

On the original note I have dropped mine numerous times with only minor scratches and I don't use a case on the 5C.
    02-06-2014 03:47 PM
    I had a case on mine and it fell off the bed and the phone came out of the pink plastic Apple shell.

Not a case you by at the store and put on your phone, but the phone fell apart. I have the pink C and the pink part was in my clear plastic case but the guts of the phone were exposed after part of it came apart.

I was able to get it snapped back in place though and everything works just fine.
    02-14-2014 03:24 PM
    I had a case on mine and it fell off the bed and the phone came out of the pink plastic Apple shell.

Not a case you by at the store and put on your phone, but the phone fell apart. I have the pink C and the pink part was in my clear plastic case but the guts of the phone were exposed after part of it came apart.

I was able to get it snapped back in place though and everything works just fine.
    Did you take pictures of it? I'm sorry, but it just sounds a little far-fetched as the casing is screwed in place.
    02-14-2014 11:06 PM
    Did you take pictures of it? I'm sorry, but it just sounds a little far-fetched as the casing is screwed in place.
    As a resident blue shirt in the forums I can confirm that this can happen. I've seen it a few times and it usually happens when in a case. It pops out in the upper left corner as they are screwed in on the bottom and are held in place by a ridge inside the device on the top. Popping it back in can lead to some issues if your not careful though, there have been a few shattered screens brought in due to some badly applied force.
    Last edited by crowordove; 02-14-2014 at 11:37 PM.
    02-14-2014 11:26 PM
    As a resident blue shirt in the forums I can confirm that this can happen. I've seen it a few times and it usually happens when in a case. It pops out in the upper left corner as they are screwed in on the bottom and are held in place by a ridge inside the device on the top. Popping it back in can lead to some issues if your not careful though, there have been a few shattered screens brought in due to some badly applied force.
    I stand corrected. Apologies, Ginger. Crazy, I never would have imagined this happening.
    02-14-2014 11:42 PM
    So....what does the 'C' in 5C stand for again?

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    02-14-2014 11:44 PM

"Color" as in the ad campaign of "For the Colorful" officially.
    02-14-2014 11:48 PM

Aaaaaah.

02-14-2014 11:48 PM
    I stand corrected. Apologies, Ginger. Crazy, I never would have imagined this happening.
    If I had another phone and/or camera, I would have. I put a towel down on my night stand, flipped the phone screen side down and popped it back in place slowly with gentle pressure. It worked though thank heavens. The closest Verizon store to me is in another state.

And if it's far fetched or out there, it will happen to me. I have the worst luck.
    02-17-2014 09:40 AM
    Aside of the shattered screen. My phone was still in the case.
    I got lucky, the phone did seperate at the top left corner.
    But it did not completely come apart.
    02-17-2014 11:16 AM
    Aside of the shattered screen. My phone was still in the case.
    I got lucky, the phone did seperate at the top left corner.
    But it did not completely come apart.

That's exactly where mine came apart.
    02-17-2014 01:16 PM
    I was doing my food shopping today. A gentleman had a blue 5C, I cringed watching him on the phone.
    I doubt it would have survived unscathed, once it hits the floor.
    02-23-2014 05:21 PM
    I was doing my food shopping today. A gentleman had a blue 5C, I cringed watching him on the phone.
    I doubt it would have survived unscathed, once it hits the floor.
    He wasn't wise enough to have it in a case? Some people just don't care about their phones, I guess to each their own.

02-23-2014 05:25 PM
    Would have loved a Black 5c. Got a White & it feels nice to hold with the curved sides. Currently nested in a ultra-slim flip cover, i tend to drop my phones and have to visit dusty places at times. Holding up well !
    03-13-2014 08:27 PM
44 12