My iPhone 5C Review

iHackPro

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
*****First off, I know what I'm gonna say here is probably nothing new. Just wanna get it out there.*****

photo(1).JPG

My review on the iPhone 5C is strictly my opinion (with some facts thrown in ;))

Call and Data:
Great. Haven't had a dropped call, and the quality has been great. I'm able to hear others just fine, and others are able to hear me just fine. This shouldn't be a problem in 2013 anyways, along with the fact that no one talks on the phone anymore.

In terms of data, all is well. LTE here in the Dallas area and suburbs is great, easily getting 40+MBPS Download speed on LTE.

Camera:
Excellent camera for me. The 8 Megapixel iSight camera, while not mind blowing, is just fine for most consumers. Low light photos are great as well, but, I'm not that picky about my photos, that's what I use my Canon camera for.

Size:
I'm coming from a Galaxy SIII, and, boy, is it nice to be able to use a phone with one hand. Texting while doing something else is a breeze, and the smaller screen size overall feels nicer in the hand to me. The smaller screen, while it isn't ideal for watching videos or movies for a power user, does however look crisp and clean.

Battery:
Excellent, excellent, and more excellent. I easily get through my 8 hour workdays while streaming iTunes radio, texting, emailing, and social networking and come home with about 40-50% of my battery left. On my Galaxy S3, while having the same usage, I usually came home with about 15% battery remaining. And believe me, I did all the secret battery tips, tricks, and optimizations while on my S3.

Gripes:
Not many gripes here. About my only gripe is how slippery the phone feels in the hand. I can handle it, but sometimes, you feel like you are just going to drop it because of the slick polycarbonate.

Overall:
The iPhone 5C, while not as flashy as the superior iPhone 5S, is still a great phone. The iPhone 5C will at least be supported as long as the iPhone 5, so we have about 2, maybe 3 more iOS updates left, so it should be relevant for a while. Overall, I'd rate the iPhone 5C a 9/10.

Last edited:

claudeburdel

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Great review! I don't stream radio or video, and I find by the time I go to sleep I have 50% battery left.

Since the 5c was introduced at the same time as the 5s, I believe (or at least I hope!) that they'll be supported for the same length of time.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Good thoughts, bro.

Well, I would argue that you could use the Galaxy S 3 with one hand but I won't go there. But I do really agree with your thoughts about the battery and I see that as a feature many people are going towards if they want to use this as their daily driver. As for me, I get through a 8 hour day fine on a HTC One so I wouldn't worry about it being Android 's problem. It's not squarely Android' s fault with battery problems.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
The only I've been disappointed with so far is the camera is low light. I was at an evening outdoor wedding and the pics I took came out really dim.

Compared with my brother's Windows Phone (Lumia?) I saw a HUGE difference. His phone was amazing at low light.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Just got my white 5C today and so far I really like it. iOS 7 is really growing on me. My 4S is still on 6.0.1 and jailbroken but after using iOS 7 all day, I'm thinking about updating it. I'd definitely recommend this device to anyone and everyone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2