5C and scratches

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I am planning on picking up a 5 due to a great deal. However in the event that it runs out, I am looking at the 5c. How does it hold up against scratches? I prefer to use my phones without cases (I did so with my first gen and 3gs iPhone, which only got slight superficial scratches), but I am somewhat obligated with my 4s and I imagine I would be with the 5. The 5c however is plastic, does it hold up? It would introduce and interesting factor into the equation.

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
As a 5C user I sometimes go back and forth with and without a case. The phone is very slick and can be slippery at times but hold it without a case is kind of nice. To me it is smaller without a case and from the time that I have used it I have not had any scratches on it.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
As a 5C user I sometimes go back and forth with and without a case. The phone is very slick and can be slippery at times but hold it without a case is kind of nice. To me it is smaller without a case and from the time that I have used it I have not had any scratches on it.

Thanks for your answer. Indeed it is slick but I have played with it in the store and I can handle it. Cases do make phones bigger. I have my 4s in an Elago case which isn?t that bad but it is more heft than without the case. Using the 4s without a case is not an option though.

So what color do you have?

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I am planning on picking up a 5 due to a great deal. However in the event that it runs out, I am looking at the 5c. How does it hold up against scratches? I prefer to use my phones without cases (I did so with my first gen and 3gs iPhone, which only got slight superficial scratches), but I am somewhat obligated with my 4s and I imagine I would be with the 5. The 5c however is plastic, does it hold up? It would introduce and interesting factor into the equation.

I really love the 5c without a case. It just feels better to me. I have tried using a case (the apple one with holes in back) but I ended up returning it. I still haven't found a case that I truly like. As for scratches, I have one in the back but you can hardly tell unless under a spotlight.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I actually finally got to see the the 5s for the first time a couple weeks ago and it's a pretty solid phone and if I didn't have the 5 and thought the 5s was to expensive I would of definitely picked up a 5c for myself and probably yellow one

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have two 5 C's one for work and one for play. I have the green one for play and have a small scratch in the back. It's tough to see unless your in the right light but in the other hand to me it's a phone not a baby.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I originally was using my C with no case for the first week. Cleaning if off one day facing in the light at such an angle, I was able to see very faint "brush" type marks. Since then I put a case on - at first I wasn't crazy about it at all, but I'm used to it now and really like the speck candy shell grip :)

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious 5C🎀

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
So we've got an iPhone 5s and an iPhone 5c nearly at the same time ... My 5s has a few ghost scratches and scratches around the body but the 5c still looks like the very first day...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro