I am planning on picking up a 5 due to a great deal. However in the event that it runs out, I am looking at the 5c. How does it hold up against scratches? I prefer to use my phones without cases (I did so with my first gen and 3gs iPhone, which only got slight superficial scratches), but I am somewhat obligated with my 4s and I imagine I would be with the 5. The 5c however is plastic, does it hold up? It would introduce and interesting factor into the equation.
    11-21-2013 11:43 AM
    As a 5C user I sometimes go back and forth with and without a case. The phone is very slick and can be slippery at times but hold it without a case is kind of nice. To me it is smaller without a case and from the time that I have used it I have not had any scratches on it.
    11-21-2013 04:09 PM
    As a 5C user I sometimes go back and forth with and without a case. The phone is very slick and can be slippery at times but hold it without a case is kind of nice. To me it is smaller without a case and from the time that I have used it I have not had any scratches on it.
    Thanks for your answer. Indeed it is slick but I have played with it in the store and I can handle it. Cases do make phones bigger. I have my 4s in an Elago case which isnt that bad but it is more heft than without the case. Using the 4s without a case is not an option though.

So what color do you have?
    11-21-2013 05:37 PM
    I am planning on picking up a 5 due to a great deal. However in the event that it runs out, I am looking at the 5c. How does it hold up against scratches? I prefer to use my phones without cases (I did so with my first gen and 3gs iPhone, which only got slight superficial scratches), but I am somewhat obligated with my 4s and I imagine I would be with the 5. The 5c however is plastic, does it hold up? It would introduce and interesting factor into the equation.
    I really love the 5c without a case. It just feels better to me. I have tried using a case (the apple one with holes in back) but I ended up returning it. I still haven't found a case that I truly like. As for scratches, I have one in the back but you can hardly tell unless under a spotlight.
    11-21-2013 07:34 PM
    I actually finally got to see the the 5s for the first time a couple weeks ago and it's a pretty solid phone and if I didn't have the 5 and thought the 5s was to expensive I would of definitely picked up a 5c for myself and probably yellow one
    11-21-2013 07:37 PM
    I have two 5 C's one for work and one for play. I have the green one for play and have a small scratch in the back. It's tough to see unless your in the right light but in the other hand to me it's a phone not a baby.
    11-21-2013 07:53 PM
    I originally was using my C with no case for the first week. Cleaning if off one day facing in the light at such an angle, I was able to see very faint "brush" type marks. Since then I put a case on - at first I wasn't crazy about it at all, but I'm used to it now and really like the speck candy shell grip

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious 5C🎀
    11-22-2013 08:41 PM
    So we've got an iPhone 5s and an iPhone 5c nearly at the same time ... My 5s has a few ghost scratches and scratches around the body but the 5c still looks like the very first day...
    02-04-2014 08:52 PM
    ....it's a phone not a baby.
    Blasphemy!

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 
    02-04-2014 09:33 PM
    Blasphemy!

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 
    Lol.
    02-04-2014 09:39 PM