This forum seemed a little vacant so I thought I'd start a conversation!

Why did you choose the 5c?
    Why did you choose the 5c over the 5s?
    What do you like specifically about the 5c?
    If you're coming from an iPhone 5, was the upgrade to the 5c worth it to you?
    If you're coming from an iPhone 4/4s and was waiting for the next generation, why did you decide on the 5c?

It's all for fun, and it'll be interesting to see if you all decided to get your phone for the same reasons!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    11-17-2013 09:54 AM
    I choose the 5C because I was able to get two free after a sale from Walmart and some credit I had on my AT&T account.

I'm pretty sure the phone will last me the next year until my upgrade, and if not, that's what buying phones unlocked is for, right?
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    11-17-2013 10:47 AM
    I choose the 5C because I was able to get two free after a sale from Walmart and some credit I had on my AT&T account.

I'm pretty sure the phone will last me the next year until my upgrade, and if not, that's what buying phones unlocked is for, right?
    Very nice deal!

11-17-2013 12:27 PM
    I had a white iPhone 5 and my 7 year old daughter at one time had a white iPhone 4 then I got here a Moto Droid M. After a while she would see my 5 and begged me for another iPhone. I went to Verizon and bought her a white iPhone 5C because it was $100 less than 5S and was available at the time. I had never seen one and when got it in my hand immediately fell in love with it although it is plastic so after a week or so when she asked me to swap with her I was glad to. She likes the white face on the 5 and face on 5C is black. I love the 5C and don't have to worry about scratching it because of the plastic. Apple did a great job by making it look elegant and not cheep. Personally like it better than the 5. If the 6 has a larger screen I will consider upgrading then but until that time I'll keep this one.
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    11-18-2013 08:13 PM
    I had a white iPhone 5 and my 7 year old daughter at one time had a white iPhone 4 then I got here a Moto Droid M. After a while she would see my 5 and begged me for another iPhone. I went to Verizon and bought her a white iPhone 5C because it was $100 less than 5S and was available at the time. I had never seen one and when got it in my hand immediately fell in love with it although it is plastic so after a week or so when she asked me to swap with her I was glad to. She likes the white face on the 5 and face on 5C is black. I love the 5C and don't have to worry about scratching it because of the plastic. Apple did a great job by making it look elegant and not cheep. Personally like it better than the 5. If the 6 has a larger screen I will consider upgrading then but until that time I'll keep this one.
    Now that's what I call a win/win situation!! I also like the plastic on the back of the 5c, it's solid. I would use one if i had one, even though I don't care for the colors or the black face. Lol

11-18-2013 09:47 PM
    I wanted a new phone. lol
    no really i came from an iphone 4 so it was either going to be the 5s or the 5c. It was probably meant at the time that the 5s was sold out everywhere I went so I decided to try a 5c and do not regret my decision.
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    11-21-2013 07:43 PM
    It was cheapest iPhone I could get for my sister.
    EmceeGeek and Spencerdl like this.
    11-21-2013 08:59 PM
    i came from a 4S, and initially I thought I'd be going for a 5S. But, when I finally got to a Verizon store and looked at both, I liked the 5S but overall I really liked the form factor and how the C felt in hand over the S. So it really was an easy decision to make going with the C - plus having it in pink (my favorite color) was a no brainer 😃

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious 5C🎀
    11-22-2013 08:33 PM
    I like the round edges of the 5C, the phone feels better in my hands than my 5.
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    11-22-2013 11:34 PM
    Switched to ATT right around launch and after feeling my fiance's 5C, I just had to have one. Plus there was no way I was waiting phone less until a 5S came in.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    11-23-2013 02:23 PM

Why did you choose the 5c?
    Why did you choose the 5c over the 5s?
    What do you like specifically about the 5c?
    If you're coming from an iPhone 5, was the upgrade to the 5c worth it to you?
    If you're coming from an iPhone 4/4s and was waiting for the next generation, why did you decide on the 5c?

It's all for fun, and it'll be interesting to see if you all decided to get your phone for the same reasons!

1. Money wise, the 5C is great upgrade over my 4S. I need more saving for other need.
    2. I dont need the camera on mobilephone, I am professional photographer and only take serious photo for living so that's why I trust my Nikon FX. For fun photo the 5C is more than enough.
    3. Color. I feel bored with black or white iPhone for so many years. Handling is also very comfortable in hand compared to super thin 5/5S. The battery life is another great thing on 5C.
    4. I am coming form 4S.
    5. The 5S new feature is not enough in innovation, same looks with the one last year iPhone, and with almost $1,000 no contract in my country that just doesn't make sense for me.

Sent from my iPhone
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    11-27-2013 04:16 AM
    1. $45 price point
    2. Fun colors
    3. Was ready to upgrade from a BlackBerry.
    EmceeGeek and serglb like this.
    11-27-2013 05:50 AM
    Simple reason: My 4s broke and I didn't have a choice.
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    12-03-2013 01:01 PM
    Affordable iphone coming from a Samsung GS2.
    12-04-2013 10:36 AM
    Affordable iphone coming from a Samsung GS2.
    Nice change!

serglb likes this.
    12-04-2013 12:20 PM

• Why did you choose the 5c? Did not see the value of paying $100 more for the "S".
    • Why did you choose the 5c over the 5s?
    • What do you like specifically about the 5c? The feel in the hand.
    • If you're coming from an iPhone 5, was the upgrade to the 5c worth it to you?
    • If you're coming from an iPhone 4/4s and was waiting for the next generation, why did you decide on the 5c? The 4S I had lost a lot of performance with iOS7, so much so it pushed me to upgrade.

12-12-2013 09:59 PM