5c battery life surprise

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I got myself a 5C over the holidays and was planning on selling it again in a couple of weeks (I just really wanted to get my hands on it for longer than a few minutes) and too am very impressed with the battery.

image.jpg

My iPhone5 battery seems to be slightly battered by now and hardly makes the 6 hrs active usage... that taken into account I was really astounded with the battery this morning. Moreover I can definitely tell the cameras have been slightly refined. Altogether there are some good reasons to maybe reconsider my initial plan. The 5C is a beautiful device, and that's coming from a guy who also owns a silver/white 5.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
5C has been incredible as far as battery life goes for me. Far better than my BB Z10, but that isn't a surprise. The difference is that I've had a Pebble and a Jawbone Up24 connected to my 5C constantly and I've still been able to get at least 12 hours, if not more, out of the device. Does anyone know how the 5C battery compares to the 5S?

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
my girlfriend owns a 5S and that battery life is suprisingly underwhelming. It might not be representative (having said that we went to an Apple Store and got it scrutinised, apparently the battery is fine) but her phone hardly makes 5-6hours active usage. And that's with many features switched off. So in my experience the 5S battery can't keep up with the C but that's just two of billions of devices compared, don't know how they stack up in general.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
my girlfriend owns a 5S and that battery life is suprisingly underwhelming. It might not be representative (having said that we went to an Apple Store and got it scrutinised, apparently the battery is fine) but her phone hardly makes 5-6hours active usage. And that's with many features switched off. So in my experience the 5S battery can't keep up with the C but that's just two of billions of devices compared, don't know how they stack up in general.

So I want to know if you've decided to keep your 5C or sell it like you mentioned in a previous post?

93Aero

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
These days I have a totally different experience, I use my iPhone to text, a few fitness apps. I don't even have email setup on it but after a few calls maybe a couple chapters of Waking Dead2 and the battery is done.

I carry two phones daily the other being a BlackBerry Q10 and after a ton of calls emails music movies epub books ( yes my commuter is that long ) I still have juice left for the next day.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I came from the iPhone 5 to the 5C, and TO ME, it's been a pretty big jump in battery life. Keep in mind, that I've only had it about a week, but I got over a day and a half with moderate usage. That's pretty amazing to me. I've never had a problem getting a full day out of any iPhone, but the 5C seems to have a little more juice than in the past. I'm not complaining at all.

geekynerd00

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Here's my battery stats for the day. I'm not a "power user" per se, but this is great IMHO. :)

y5avaqan.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
uzy3e9ag.jpg

Not bad. I'm letting it die today for the first time since I got it. I want to see if a full cycle will increase the battery life at all.

Sent from one of my toys using Tapatalk.

Holy cow.

a7a6agys.jpg

Last edited:

eckl

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
On my updated iOS 7.1, 5C Green.

It is pretty alright in the battery department.

ja8ugega.jpg

I should also add that I have iphone connected to Pebble watch 24/7 via Bluetooth, and Wifi is on all the time.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
My brothers new 5c seems to be getting better battery life than my 5s. Our usage and standby times are close, but he has like 30% more life left.

Sent from my Space Gray 16 GB AT&T iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I haven't updated the OS yet because I read battery life on it is poor.

do it. It's nice on the 5C. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395289239.531870.jpg
I just unplugged my phone before working out but I'm a heavy user. This is good battery life.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk 😊

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I've updated to 7.1 and I'm in about 3 months with my C and I've yet to get under 30% after a full day. I'm getting AMAZING battery life. This would be about 5:30AM 'till 10PM. Again, with moderate usage.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395629862.064045.jpg this is my battery life today and I'm a HEAVY user. Twitter, IG, Facebook, and selfies ALL DAY. I listened to two-three albums today. I used apple maps to get directions, made two phone calls and surfed safari to search for med school. I didn't really use my phone SUPER EXCESSIVE today but I used it heavy.

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5C using Tapatalk 😊

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm a pretty moderate user. I have three devices so I split my day up between them. My 5c:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/25/epyqena2.jpg

?Sent from the colored one using Tapatalk?

Doesn't it get troublesome to split the day's usage to 3 devices? Like your messages that you need are found in the other phone when you are using another? Do you find that a problem?

Sent from my gold iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't it get troublesome to split the day's usage to 3 devices? Like your messages that you need are found in the other phone when you are using another? Do you find that a problem?

Sent from my gold iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Not really. I use my Note 3 like a tablet in the morning and evening. It doesn't have service right now but I do have the SIM adapter for it.

My iPhone 5c and 5s both get played with at work. Usually if it's a super important message, they send it to both my numbers. I guess it depends on if I'm in the mood for stock OS 7.1 or JB 7.0.6.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Not really. I use my Note 3 like a tablet in the morning and evening. It doesn't have service right now but I do have the SIM adapter for it.

My iPhone 5c and 5s both get played with at work. Usually if it's a super important message, they send it to both my numbers. I guess it depends on if I'm in the mood for stock OS 7.1 or JB 7.0.6.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

I see, now I understand, so you have 2 different phone lines, one in each iPhones. That's nice! To be able to enjoy 2 phones and 2iOS!

Sent from my silver iPad mini with Retina Display using iMore Forums

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
So far, this is the best battery life on an iPhone that I've ever got.

Attachments

• 2014-04-09 18.39.53.png
    2014-04-09 18.39.53.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 46

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73