5c battery life surprise

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday was the first full day with my phone. I couldn't believe how the battery lasted! It lasted longer than my BlackBerry!

I charged it fully, took it off at 7am. By 9pm it was at 20%. It said 8 hours of use and ~14 of standby.

And that's with a lot of downloading too.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah, I noticed. Since I got this phone. If I start using it at night and forget to plug it in, I can actually wake up and start using it again. It will not have the overnight deaths that the 5 had.

Keep going Apple!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
the battery life is crazy good on the 5C. I thought I lived the life with my 4S getting 8hrs of usage with over a day standby, but my 5C has proven to be stellar compared to that !! I got my C on Friday, it was around 65% (4pm-ish), I set it up as new so I was busy re-downloading apps & settings between Friday and Saturday...all while using iTunes radio as well. Some was LTE, but most was wifi - i drained the battery till it shut off, and that wasn't till late Saturday afternoon around 5pm !! Going from there I did a full uninterrupted charge to 100% - done about 7pm Saturday evening. From there I finally plugged in Monday morning @17% left and my usage for that cycle was 9h 23m with 1day 11hrs standby !!

I'm very impressed with the battery life indeed !!

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Wishing I can get some solid reads of usage, but the damn thing reboots every so often that it resets the stats.... Annoying!!!!

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
That's a very detailed recollection. I remembered with the 5, just driving to work, you had to bring the charger out as SOON as you got to your job in the morning.

Not with the 5C, you don't have to bring out the charger as much. The battery life could be better, but it's not as bad as it was.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Wishing I can get some solid reads of usage, but the damn thing reboots every so often that it resets the stats.... Annoying!!!!

John, I'm sorry to hear your having this issue but it's the reason why I held off updating to .3. I'm glad when I got my 5C on Friday it had .2 on it.

Sent from my 🎀PINK-alicious 5C🎀

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
That's a very detailed recollection.
Hi Auturi - idk if you were directing this at me, but whenever I upgrade my iOS version OR in this case change to a new phone I keep a record of my stats for about a week, maybe 2 weeks so I get an idea of what to "expect" from the battery life on the device :)
That's why I was able to detail my above post with all that info;)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
No worries.. Update will be out to address said issues... Only have to wait lol
John, I'm sorry to hear your having this issue but it's the reason why I held off updating to .3. I'm glad when I got my 5C on Friday it had .2 on it.

Sent from my PINK-alicious 5C

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I am running .3 on my 5c that I purchased Friday so is my wife neither of us have seen a single reboot and we are both getting stellar battery life. Coming from an HTC one I'm surprised on how well this phone manages it's battery it lasted easily 5 hours longer than my HTC would with double the screen on time.

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I came from a Galaxy Nexus so my battery life has been stellar. But that's purely anecdotal. I wouldn't really know what good life on iOS is yet.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Me either. The iPhone 5 used to get really hot when I played games.

I'm very satisfied with the battery life though. It just keeps going and going! :D

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I noticed a dramatic standby performance increase when I started beta testing iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 ... I really enjoy the improved battery performance.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
the battery life is just outstanding !! this usage is 95%wifi - 5%LTE. iTunes Radio, phone calls, iMessage/text, task/reminder app and some emails.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1383591045.359060.jpg

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I'm so envious of your excellent batt lives on your 5c. My 5s batt life has deteriorated after a month of use. I can barely go above 13 hr standby with 5 hr usage. Is the 5c batt still good after a month of use?

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
One thing I can say about this phone is I'm with the rest of y'all: The battery life is awesome. I went an entire day yesterday without a charge and that was even after using iTunes radio in the barn for about 2 hours as I was cleaning stalls as well as Hay Day checks and playing Candy Crush some. I figured with it being LTE, the battery would drain faster, but it's amazing how long it lasts.

My only gripe about the battery is how slow it charges on non OEM cables.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods