Apple includes 5c and 5s numbers together

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: No one knows how much the 5c has sold

You provided evidence of T-Mobile contract free. Can someone answer this question, where is the unlocked sim free version? Just look on the iPhone 5c page, it's there it's not there with the 5S.

It is the T-Mobile contract free version. Just get it and pretend it doesn't have a SIM card in it. It is the same exact thing. It is already unlocked.

It's like if you call me because you want to tell me something but you say you'd rather see me in person to tell me. Let's just pretend we're blind and just tell me over the phone.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

And let me guess, you got the space gray. That's because statistically, if someone says they walked to the store and got a 5s, chances are it wasn't a gold one. Because most stores did not get any gold at all.

You don't know the full story of what I actually did to try to get these phones but the fact of the matter is that there is no unlocked iPhone 5s Sim free that Apple is selling right now.

But I do have to take into consideration that most people actually do get iPhones on contracts. And most people actually don't buy unlocked phones so it's not really that big of an issue. For me, it is because I'm a business person and travel all the time.

I don't usually deal with carrier contracts, but even if I decided to try going onto a contract to get the 5S I would feel severely disappointed, and then what would I do when the iPhone 6 came out?

I found a T-Mobile contract free (Otherwise known as unlocked) 5S, in Gold, available right now.

ScreenShot2013-10-28at62331PM_zps4492efb2.png

Try harder.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

It is the T-Mobile contract free version. Just get it and pretend it doesn't have a SIM card in it. It is the same exact thing. It is already unlocked.

I find that questionable. But I'll take your word for it. That being said, I still wouldn't buy it. Because I want to SIM free unlocked version I don't want to pretend. In Canada, you can still get them. I don't know what's going on in the US with the 5S.

I found a T-Mobile contract free (Otherwise known as unlocked) 5S, in Gold, available right now.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/1hot281/ScreenShot2013-10-28at62331PM_zps4492efb2.png

Try harder.

Hmm. That's great that you found that. But I was never going to take a chance on buying a T-Mobile iPhone. I don't do carriers. Especially not T-Mobile.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I find that questionable. But I'll take your word for it. That being said, I still wouldn't buy it. Because I want to SIM free unlocked version I don't want to pretend. In Canada, you can still get them. I don't know what's going on in the US with the 5S.
Buy a contract free T Mobile version. If it isn't unlocked, give me your info along with your receipt and I will send you $5,000.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Buy a contract free T Mobile version. If it isn't unlocked, give me your info along with your receipt and I will send you $5,000.

LOL, that's nice. But let me tell you why I wouldn't of took a chance on getting that. We don't know what they do to these phones, do you mean to tell me that the T-Mobile contract free version is it made to work on T-Mobile only, is it really an unlocked phone? With all of the LTE bands to go with it? Last I heard, with the T-Mobile version of the iPhone it was only working with T-Mobile and you couldn't use it outside of the U.S. it was incapable of international LTE.

I just like to play by the rules when it comes to unlocked phones, I really wanted the Apple branded SIM free unlocked phone. If you go to the Apple Store and ask for an unlocked phone they're going to tell you that the T-Mobile version is not sold as unlocked. They're not going to sell it to you as such.

And I'm not even going to get into trying to get the Verizon or AT&T or Sprint unlocked phones, because you know how horribly contrived that would be. It's not even an option.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I walked into two different stores and bought gold ones each time...the stores in my area have plenty of stock, and even some gold ones...EVERY DAY.

You're spewing non-sense. I don't even think you understand what your own point is anymore.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

I walked into two different stores and bought gold ones each time...the stores in my area have plenty of stock, and even some gold ones...EVERY DAY.

You're spewing non-sense. I don't even think you understand what your own point is anymore.

Gold 5s every day? That's unheard of but congrats. I guess no one from your area is on the giant backlog list.

But back to the original point, I shouldn't have been waking up every day reading a whole bunch of nonsense about the 5C. No one knows how much it sells, and it doesn't even matter.

And for my closing statement, I'll just say this:

The 5C is comparable to the 5S. They are pretty much on the same playing field. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have bought one.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Hmm. That's great that you found that. But I was never going to take a chance on buying a T-Mobile iPhone. I don't do carriers. Especially not T-Mobile.

The carrier doesn't matter unless it is locked to that carrier. What is more important, is which model iPhone it is, and which bands that model supports. Where you plan to use the iPhone and what carriers you plan to use it on are the important question, as the answer will tell you which iPhone model you need to buy.

So if the T-Mobile version supports the same bands as the SIM-Free version, what is the technological difference besides it being sold as a "T-Mobile Contract Free" version?

Model A1533 (GSM)*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 19, 20, 25)

Model A1533 (CDMA)*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 19, 20, 25)

Model A1453*: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26)

Model A1457*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20)

Model A1530*: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20); TD-LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Gold 5s every day? That's unheard of but congrats. I guess no one from your area is on the giant backlog list.

But back to the original point, I shouldn't have been waking up every day reading a whole bunch of nonsense about the 5C. No one knows how much it sells, and it doesn't even matter.

And for my closing statement, I'll just say this:

The 5C is comparable to the 5S. They are pretty much on the same playing field. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have bought one.

lol...and who are you? Who cares what your opinion is of the 5S...or how close it is. There's a list of facts that go against your opinion, so you go ahead and pretend like your choice is some end all, be all statement about the devices...nobody cares.

Also, people all over the world are walking into stores and getting gold 5S's...it's not just me.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

LOL, that's nice. But let me tell you why I wouldn't of took a chance on getting that. We don't know what they do to these phones, do you mean to tell me that the T-Mobile contract free version is it made to work on T-Mobile only, is it really an unlocked phone? With all of the LTE bands to go with it? Last I heard, with the T-Mobile version of the iPhone it was only working with T-Mobile and you couldn't use it outside of the U.S. it was incapable of international LTE.

I just like to play by the rules when it comes to unlocked phones, I really wanted the Apple branded SIM free unlocked phone. If you go to the Apple Store and ask for an unlocked phone they're going to tell you that the T-Mobile version is not sold as unlocked. They're not going to sell it to you as such.

And I'm not even going to get into trying to get the Verizon or AT&T or Sprint unlocked phones, because you know how horribly contrived that would be. It's not even an option.

From the Apple website, in regards to the T-Mobile contract free iPhone 5S

"If you buy iPhone for T-Mobile, it will arrive with a nano-SIM card already installed that you can activate by visiting an Apple Retail Store or a T-Mobile store or by calling T-Mobile. When you travel internationally, you can use a nano-SIM card for iPhone 5s from a local GSM carrier. For details on LTE support, see Apple - iPhone 5 - View countries with supported LTE networks.."

So, yes it does indeed work outside of the US and overseas.

From the link about details for LTE support:
The T-Mobile contract free iPhone 5S has to be Model A1533 (GSM), which supports the following LTE Bands:
1 (2100 MHz)
2 (1900 MHz)
3 (1800 MHz)
4 (AWS)
5 (850 MHz)
8 (900 MHz)
13 (700c MHz)
17 (700b MHz)
19 (800 MHz)
20 (800 DD)
25 (1900 MHz)

and the following carriers in the following countries:
United States
Aio
Alaska Communications
AT&T
Family Mobile
GCI
T-Mobile
Verizon

Canada
Bell (including Virgin)
MTS
Rogers (including Fido)
SaskTel
Telus (including Koodo)

Puerto Rico
AT&T
Claro
T-Mobile

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

And let me guess, you got the space gray. That's because statistically, if someone says they walked to the store and got a 5s, chances are it wasn't a gold one. Because most stores did not get any gold at all.

You don't know the full story of what I actually did to try to get these phones but the fact of the matter is that there is no unlocked iPhone 5s Sim free that Apple is selling right now.

But I do have to take into consideration that most people actually do get iPhones on contracts. And most people actually don't buy unlocked phones so it's not really that big of an issue. For me, it is because I'm a business person and travel all the time.

I don't usually deal with carrier contracts, but even if I decided to try going onto a contract to get the 5S I would feel severely disappointed, and then what would I do when the iPhone 6 came out?

I got the Space Grey because that's what I wanted. I had no intention from the day it drop to get Gold or Silver. Gold or Silver is not my thing. They look fantastic but not my thing.

If you got into a contract and next year the 6 comes out do what I do...... Wait for the 6s.

#Naked Tuesday

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Okay great information we've gathered here. We found out a lot in this thread. That being said, I do want to say that people will choose what they can get their hands on and what fits for them. And I would say that a lot of people wouldn't be able to rock the 5C it just doesn't go with their style because they are colorful. But I like that flair.

Now you have the 5S which is the more forward-thinking phone. We're still waiting for some apps and new technologies that will be able to unlock the A7 use of the phone and I'd like to see some apps that are only compatible with the 5S but not the 5C. Then I would really want to get that phone.

I don't really understand why someone would have to get a T-Mobile version of an iPhone to have it unlocked. I don't know why they got rid of the Sim free version, but I guess that's a topic for another discussion but I think we're done here.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Okay great information we've gathered here. We found out a lot in this thread. That being said, I do want to say that people will choose what they can get their hands on and what fits for them. And I would say that a lot of people wouldn't be able to rock the 5C it just doesn't go with their style because they are colorful. But I like that flair.

Now you have the 5S which is the more forward-thinking phone. We're still waiting for some apps and new technologies that will be able to unlock the A7 use of the phone and I'd like to see some apps that are only compatible with the 5S but not the 5C. Then I would really want to get that phone.

I don't really understand why someone would have to get a T-Mobile version of an iPhone to have it unlocked. I don't know why they got rid of the Sim free version, but I guess that's a topic for another discussion but I think we're done here.

zyre9u5y.jpg

#Naked Tuesday

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

As stated elsewhere in this thread, you don't have to buy the T-Mobile version to have it unlocked. If you buy any carriers version of the iPhone full price, you can have it unlocked.

Also, as I've stated though the links and data provided, the T-Mobile contract free version is the GSM version. Same as any other GSM version of the iPhone. Model A1533 (GSM)

If you can provide evidence that the T-Mobile version is physically/technologically different than any other GSM version, please fell free to present it. Otherwise, it is safe to assume that the AT&T, T-Mobile, or SIM-Free iPhone 5S are all Model A1533 (GSM) and support all the LTE bands and carrier networks stated earlier.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

As stated elsewhere in this thread, you don't have to buy the T-Mobile version to have it unlocked. If you buy any carriers version of the iPhone full price, you can have it unlocked.

Also, as I've stated though the links and data provided, the T-Mobile contract free version is the GSM version. Same as any other GSM version of the iPhone. Model A1533 (GSM)

If you can provide evidence that the T-Mobile version is physically/technologically different than any other GSM version, please fell free to present it. Otherwise, it is safe to assume that the AT&T, T-Mobile, or SIM-Free iPhone 5S are all Model A1533 (GSM) and support all the LTE bands and carrier networks stated earlier.

But if a carrier gets their hands on it, they can have it to where it will never be unlocked. That's the whole reason I was forced to get another iPhone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You keep ignoring an answer to your question about the SIM free, unlocked iPhone from Apple...they didn't get rid of anything, they simply haven't started selling it yet (which is the same thing they do EVERY SINGLE YEAR).

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

You keep ignoring an answer to your question about the SIM free, unlocked iPhone from Apple...they didn't get rid of anything, they simply haven't started selling it yet (which is the same thing they do EVERY SINGLE YEAR).
Except for the 5C apparently. Funny thing was, it (the SIM free 5S) was on the website on launch day, but then they took it down.

Either way, too late now I mean I could still be waiting for that unlocked 5S but I wasn't going to do it. The 5C is ripe for the buying.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

They might be the same model. But if a carrier gets their hands on if, they can have it to where it will never be unlocked. That's the whole reason I was forced to get another iPhone.

No a carrier cannot "have it to where it will never be unlocked"

A carrier can refuse to unlock a phone already locked to their network, for reasons each carrier will have listed on their respective website. Each carrier has stipulations you must meet to be eligible to unlock a device locked to their network.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

No a carrier cannot "have it to where it will never be unlocked"

A carrier can refuse to unlock a phone already locked to their network, for reasons each carrier will have listed on their respective website. Each carrier has stipulations you must meet to be eligible to unlock a device locked to their network.

Exactly. And it will be hell trying to get the carrier to unlock it for you . You get caught up in their ever changing and convoluted stipulations. You can read about these situations all over the Internet.

Someone says all that matters is the model number and not the carrier it's under, the carrier makes all the difference. I wouldn't even go there.

I would never buy a phone on a contract.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Exactly. And it will be hell trying to get the carrier to unlock it for you . You get caught up in their ever changing and convoluted stipulations. You can read about these situations all over the Internet.

It is far from hell getting a carrier to unlock a device for you. The stipulations really aren't complicated. AT&T for example:

You must meet the following requirements to unlock an AT&T wireless device:
The person requesting the unlock code must be one of the following:
-A current AT&T customer
-A former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account
-Your device was designed for use on AT&T's network.
-Your device must be paid for in full.
-Your device wasn't reported lost or stolen.

In addition: Current AT&T customers are allowed up to five device unlocks per account, per year. Former customers are allowed a total of five device unlocks per former account.

Pretty straight forward to me. I've never had trouble unlocking my previous iPhones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro