There are already many apps out there that specifically make use of the A7 and/or the M7 which are only available on the 5S. Off the top of my head-Infinity Blade III, vjay, djay, many exercise/step counting apps. I'm sure there are lots of others.
    Maybe apps you are interested in are not utilizing the A7, but to make a blanket statement that "the AppStore is still catching up to the A6" is false.
    10-29-2013 07:18 AM
    I hope the market becomes bigger. With the A5 to A6 upgrade, I immediately saw boosts in speed as far as with processing. There was an app that I'd use to make music. Importing and Exporting times were cut in half!

With the A7, maybe you'd get the same kind of functionality. It's just that with Infinity Blade 3, I'm not sure what I'm looking for. It's not really a game that I want. But I hope they do come out with some stuff that shows more of what the A7 can do. I encourage it.
    10-29-2013 07:53 AM
    I hope the market becomes bigger. With the A5 to A6 upgrade, I immediately saw boosts in speed as far as with processing. There was an app that I'd use to make music. Importing and Exporting times were cut in half!

With the A7, maybe you'd get the same kind of functionality. It's just that with Infinity Blade 3, I'm not sure what I'm looking for. It's not really a game that I want. But I hope they do come out with some stuff that shows more of what the A7 can do. I encourage it.
    Well I listed several other apps that make extensive use of the A7 including ones doing audio and video mixing which the dev have specifically said could only be done with the A7.

And from personal experience with the 5 and the 5S, the 5S is faster in general.
    10 frame per second burst more on the camera is only available on the 5S because the 5 and prior models are kit capable of that speed.
    10-29-2013 08:00 AM
    Oh, yeah; the video and audio mixing with the 1080p playback and the faster processing times. That's good. It's a good start.
    10-29-2013 08:34 AM
    who really cares?
    10-29-2013 01:14 PM
    who really cares?
    Huh? About what? I don't know.

Customer satisfaction with the 5C is high, there's been no complaints. The phone is pretty much flawless.
    10-29-2013 01:20 PM
    Huh? About what? I don't know.

Customer satisfaction with the 5C is high, there's been no complaints. The phone is pretty much flawless.
    that was my point

I was saying who cares how many have been sold

it's an excellent phone; shouldn't matter
    10-29-2013 01:26 PM
    that was my point

I was saying who cares how many have been sold

it's an excellent phone; shouldn't matter
    Currently we are on the cusp of the unknown. But in the next few quarters the gap between the 5c and 5s will grow, especially when the 5s becomes a commodity.

This is because Apple did not do a good job of market differentiation. There are 3 versions of the iPhone 5. The 5, the 5C and the 5S. They're all the same phone with different features. But Apple doesn't market it like that, they market these products as if they are completely new and separate.

That's why people are saying the iPhone 5c fails because they're treating it as if it was a competitor product. How would Apple fix that? Well, if the 5c is it's own product they would want to add more features to it, give it it's own website while they're at it, right?

This is also why Apple has included both sales figures together. They're both the same phone.
    10-29-2013 11:25 PM
    Currently we are on the cusp of the unknown. But in the next few quarters the gap between the 5c and 5s will grow, especially when the 5s becomes a commodity.
    The gap between the 5S and 5C will most likely grow. This has nothing to do with the commoditization of any iPhone. The iPhone 5S will not become a commodity. No iPhone has, and the 5S isn't going to start. I'm not sure you grasp the concept of a commodity.

This is because Apple did not do a good job of market differentiation. There are 3 versions of the iPhone 5. The 5, the 5C and the 5S. They're all the same phone with different features. But Apple doesn't market it like that, they market these products as if they are completely new and separate.
    If the 5S, 5C, and 5 were "all the same phone" and if Apple didn't do a good job at market differentiation with the iPhone 5S and 5C... this would lead to a couple scenarios that just aren't happening in reality. One, people wouldn't want the 5C or 5S over the 5... since they are all the same. Two, the 5C would be outselling the 5S, since they are the same, and the 5C is cheaper. Or at minimum, they would be selling 1-to-1 as most people wouldn't see a reason to buy one over the other. Since absolutely all the real world data disputes this, we can assume Apple was very successful at market differentiation with the 5S and 5C, versus the 5, and versus each other.

That's why people are saying the iPhone 5c fails because they're treating it as if it was a competitor product. How would Apple fix that? Well, if the 5c is it's own product they would want to add more features to it, give it it's own website while they're at it, right?

This is also why Apple has included both sales figures together. They're both the same phone.
    The 5C is its own product. If you added additional features, reducing the difference between it, and the 5S, then it would cease to be its own product. and why would Apple give the iPhone 5C its own website? Does the iPhone 5S have its own website?

Apple has included both sales figures together, because they announced iPhone sales... and they are both iPhones. Just like they release Mac sales, and don't break it down to how many were iMac 21.5 " and how many were 27", and how many were Mac Mini, and so on and so forth.
    10-30-2013 12:16 AM
    I guess it kind of goes to show that even if it's just a minor tweak, a product can be completely new. There's always those comments that the iPhone 5c is basically the iPhone 5 in different packaging, but there are a few minor tweaks that would make that statement quite false.

I mean when you walk into the store and you go to buy a 5c or 5s, you already know you're not getting the 5. You don't even think about the 5.

Basically I thought of it like this, are you going to get the phone that looks and feels different... or will you get the phone that looks and feels the same?
    10-30-2013 03:20 AM
    I think that they just couldn't manufacture enough quickly enough. Same thing will happen this holiday season with the ipad mini IMO
    10-30-2013 07:46 AM
    ^ A factor which might also answer the question of why one phone is getting more publicity on the Apple website than the other.

And I think that's because these phones have different stories to tell, they each have distinct experiences even though it's like they said, the distillation of what we already knew.
    10-30-2013 08:41 AM
    ^ A factor which might also answer the question of why one phone is getting more publicity on the Apple website than the other.

And I think that's because these phones have different stories to tell, they each have distinct experiences even though it's like they said, the distillation of what we already knew.
    It's been covered a hundred times on our forum man, I guess you just haven't been looking...the 5S is to the 5c what the Macbook Pro was to the normal Macbook (or the current Macbook Air).
    10-31-2013 12:14 PM
    LOL, that's nice. But let me tell you why I wouldn't of took a chance on getting that. We don't know what they do to these phones, do you mean to tell me that the T-Mobile contract free version is it made to work on T-Mobile only, is it really an unlocked phone? With all of the LTE bands to go with it? Last I heard, with the T-Mobile version of the iPhone it was only working with T-Mobile and you couldn't use it outside of the U.S. it was incapable of international LTE.

I just like to play by the rules when it comes to unlocked phones, I really wanted the Apple branded SIM free unlocked phone. If you go to the Apple Store and ask for an unlocked phone they're going to tell you that the T-Mobile version is not sold as unlocked. They're not going to sell it to you as such.

And I'm not even going to get into trying to get the Verizon or AT&T or Sprint unlocked phones, because you know how horribly contrived that would be. It's not even an option.
    SMH...I have a Verizon model and my AT&T sim works fine with it, so does my daughter's T-mobile sim & my friend's Rogers sim, all with LTE. Seems like you just don't want to believe they're available.
    10-31-2013 03:59 PM
    You're arguing with the human equivalent of a tree stump...I would suggest not wasting much more time in trying to explain things to this person.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    10-31-2013 04:17 PM
    How amusing. I don't get what your problem is bro, but let's face it. The 5S is simply in high demand because it has Touch ID, a better camera and the A7, which I have seen some games (Infinity Blade 3, Arkham Origins) use. You bought the 5C, great. But please, just forget the 5S and stop bashing it. I upgraded from my 5 to the 5S and am much happier with it than I was with my 5. It's more secure, takes better pictures and is a powerhouse when it comes to gaming.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    11-07-2013 02:11 AM
66 123