I've got a 5 and would be more tempted by C than S based on comfort of use and durability.
    10-04-2013 04:10 AM
    yea until you get some finger smudges on it lol which happens quite quick
    No problems here with finger smudges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-04-2013 06:39 AM
    I just bought a 32gb 5s last night and after having a 5c prior to that, I can honestly say that I prefer a 5c instead. The feel of the 5c felt more durable to me and I like the different colors they all come in.
    10-08-2013 07:42 PM
    i have a iphone5 and have even thought my self of looking into a white 5C just so i dont have to use a case cause its plastic instead of aluminum
    10-08-2013 10:44 PM
    its a shame the 5C do not come with a 64 gb alternative.
    I prefer the 5C design much more than the boring and rigid 5S design but I cannot live on 32 gb alone.
    Have tried to limit to under 32 gb on my 4S but it is impossible if I want it to be usable in my daily life with camera and listening to music/podcasts.
    10-09-2013 07:10 AM
    I haven't considered the 5c until I read this thread!

Coming from a BlackBerry, I probably won't notice if it's slower than a 5 or 5s, right?

The major differences are:

Plastic
    Camera
    Speed

Is this right?!
    10-09-2013 06:23 PM
    I haven't considered the 5c until I read this thread!

Coming from a BlackBerry, I probably won't notice if it's slower than a 5 or 5s, right?

The major differences are:

Plastic
    Camera
    Speed

Is this right?!
    I can't comment on the camera since I came from android back to iphone so I can't comment on the 5S or previous iphone camera comparisions.

When it comes to speed, I can play asphalt 8 with absolutely no slowdowns on my 5C and haven't noticed any slowdowns doing anything as well.

Plastic feels really good and when I held both the 5S and the 5C when deciding which one to get, the plastic felt much better in the hands than the aluminum 5S. the 5C feels more sturdy & durable than most android phones I used as well (htc one, GS3).

I highly recommend, if you can, go to an apple store and try the 5S & 5C for yourself. also hold them in the your hand and feels what better for you. Only you can make the decision of which feels feels right for you.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-09-2013 06:38 PM
    !
    i believe that it won't be any slower than the 5. The 5c is basically the 5 in a different shell.
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-09-2013 06:40 PM
    I use the camera a lot, and I read several comparisons between the 5-5c-5s. And your kidding yourself if you think it's THAT much better.. Yes it has slightly bigger pixels so low light is alittle better and you can do slomo video which I don't really use...sharpness is alittle better on the s, but it's not night n day... I've owned both phones and I speak from experience , and I use to do photography on the side with my DSLR, I did portrait photography etc.. So I know a thing or 2 about picture quality...

Everyone gets so hyped up because it's the latest and greatest they lose sight of reality
    I've not lost sight of anything bud, and I'm certainly not kidding myself...the proof is right in front of my eyes. The fact that you said "slightly better pixels" in regard to the low light photos from the 5S is why it's better tells me all I need to know about your knowledge on the subject. Your responses to every feature on the 5S is the same old "it's not THAT much better", and that's funny, coming from the person using the 5c...you have the lower tier phone, accept that there are features that are better up top.

The proof is in the pudding, the 5S's camera is a significantly upgraded option...the 5c has a great camera, the 5S has a better camera. Here's one very clear example...it encompasses the low light processing power, the light balance control and the color saturation control under many different lighting situations at the same time...

iPhone 5/5c...

iPhone 5S...

...look, I understand that people who own a 5c are very happy with their camera, and for good reason, having lived with that camera for over a year with the iPhone 5, it's certainly one of the best cameras in the smart phone world. But let's speak about losing touch with reality...the 5S is the premium tier phone here, and it has the premium tier camera...it is better, it takes better pictures, it has better features (a quite a few of them at that!)...the burst mode itself is a significant improvement that not many people are talking about...since you mentioned your experience with DSLR cameras, isn't it nice to be able to take action shots in the way that those cameras can? The 5S offers a MUCH closer experience to that in this nature, and that's just one new feature! LOL.

And let's not start the d*ck swinging about having experience with photography...you don't want to go there.
    Last edited by SeanHRCC; 10-10-2013 at 08:02 AM.
    10-10-2013 07:19 AM
    Here's one for all. I'm due an upgrade. After reading about the iPhone 6 with the expected larger screen (last thing I want is a larger iPhone) I have decided to pick an iPhone that I will keep for some time. Here's my question which one ???? The 5s (gold) 32gig or the 5c ??? I love the feel of the 5c but the power of the 5s?!?! I run a business which carries a contract for all phones with one provider. They are keen to have me renew but I'm having problems picking Help Me!!!!!!!!
    01-07-2014 03:58 PM
    Hi,
    I want to buy the new 5c but the only thing That I want to Know is : Is it strong with the plastic?

Envoy de mon iPhone l'aide de Tapatalk
    01-07-2014 09:46 PM
    There's some good things in here for the research I'm doing. Currently on on iPhone 5 and I've been sitting on an upgrade for a while. I keep thinking about holding out for a larger screen next year...but, the more I think about it, and the more I think about what I use my phone for, the more I keep thinking that a 4 inch screen is perfect for MY needs. In turn, a colleague came to work today and she upgraded to a 5C last night and let me mess around with it a little.

I don't know if it's just having a different material in my hands, or what...but, the 5C looks and feels fan-freakin-tastic! I love it. Never thought I would after having the all aluminum 5 in my hands for so long, but I'm sold. I don't get all caught up on internals at all, so that's not a problem for me but man....I love the feel and look of the 5C. Going to get one today in white.
    eyecrispy and nikkisharif like this.
    01-09-2014 10:46 AM
    Hi,
    I want to buy the new 5c but the only thing That I want to Know is : Is it strong with the plastic?

Envoy de mon iPhone l'aide de Tapatalk
    -During the small amount of time I held one it feels very, very solid. Also....it's somehow less slippery than the 5/5S...like it would be harder to carelessly drop from my hands. It's slightly heavier than a 5/5S but it's built very, very solid.
    01-09-2014 10:48 AM
    Here's one for all. I'm due an upgrade. After reading about the iPhone 6 with the expected larger screen (last thing I want is a larger iPhone) I have decided to pick an iPhone that I will keep for some time. Here's my question which one ???? The 5s (gold) 32gig or the 5c ??? I love the feel of the 5c but the power of the 5s?!?! I run a business which carries a contract for all phones with one provider. They are keen to have me renew but I'm having problems picking Help Me!!!!!!!!
    for what it's worth I would recommend going with your gut ;-) they're both quality phones and neither of them will let you down specs wise. I'm totally with you when it comes to screen size, so go for one now, I would venture the guess that iPhone6's main 'feature' will be the screen size so a 5S or 5C should deliver the goods for quite some time.
    I myself own both the 5 and 5C and for now am sold on the C. I've been a huge fan of my 5 for a very long time (it's sleek and beautiful) but right now the C just feels nicer in my palm. Apart from that you may want to take into consideration that the C CAN outperform the S in terms of battery. Pretty sure that not all units do, but all that I have seen so far are usually C battery>S battery. Of course the chip is 'inferior' to the S, that said I run all the apps (games) I have on my new retina iPad mini (A7 chip) on the 5C too and not one of them stutters or gives me a less pleasurable experience . So what you might notice in day to day use is the better camera with a 5S and/or a better battery with the 5C. Perhaps pick what's more important to you personally and of course which model looks/feels more appealing. Oh and of course there's the difference in pricing. Yes, the S is marginally better in almost every way, but no one will notice unless they actually put both models next to each other and do a meticulous comparison. C is still a top quality phone. Your call
    eyecrispy likes this.
    01-18-2014 05:26 AM
    Another thing to think about is touch ID on the 5S. It's something that weighed into my decision in going with the C. For ME, the touch ID aspect of the S was a negative, while others find it a positive. It's just not something I'm interested in on my phone right now.
    01-18-2014 09:41 PM
    I've not lost sight of anything bud, and I'm certainly not kidding myself...the proof is right in front of my eyes. The fact that you said "slightly better pixels" in regard to the low light photos from the 5S is why it's better tells me all I need to know about your knowledge on the subject. Your responses to every feature on the 5S is the same old "it's not THAT much better", and that's funny, coming from the person using the 5c...you have the lower tier phone, accept that there are features that are better up top.

The proof is in the pudding, the 5S's camera is a significantly upgraded option...the 5c has a great camera, the 5S has a better camera. Here's one very clear example...it encompasses the low light processing power, the light balance control and the color saturation control under many different lighting situations at the same time...

iPhone 5/5c...
    http://i.imgur.com/16cUYOB.jpg

iPhone 5S...
    http://i.imgur.com/Q2KtlMP.jpg

...look, I understand that people who own a 5c are very happy with their camera, and for good reason, having lived with that camera for over a year with the iPhone 5, it's certainly one of the best cameras in the smart phone world. But let's speak about losing touch with reality...the 5S is the premium tier phone here, and it has the premium tier camera...it is better, it takes better pictures, it has better features (a quite a few of them at that!)...the burst mode itself is a significant improvement that not many people are talking about...since you mentioned your experience with DSLR cameras, isn't it nice to be able to take action shots in the way that those cameras can? The 5S offers a MUCH closer experience to that in this nature, and that's just one new feature! LOL.

And let's not start the d*ck swinging about having experience with photography...you don't want to go there.
    I’m going to go there in a second.

But first, notwithstanding my previous comments about IOS, the 5s IS the premium Apple phone at the moment.

On paper the technology of the 5s over the 5c can be minimized quite easily:

- Finger print reader: “not a positive, it’s a negative”, “it’s a gimmick”
    - A7 coprocessor: “never play games”
    - A7, 64 bit and DDR3 memory: “I didn’t notice a difference in speed between the two devices in the apple store”
    - Camera: “don’t need burst, slo-mo, secondary tru-tone lighting, better low-light abilities. Pictures are good enough”:
    - Aluminum vs plastic: “aluminum bends easier than the plastic and shows smudges”, “slips from the hands easily”
    - Wireless chip: "what, there is a difference?"

The 5s is fully packed with technology that far and away distances itself from the 5c, that there is no debate about. Some people may not really care and I understand that. And others may have phony reasons(imo) about buying the 5c over the 5s, such worrying about the bending of the aluminum. or the efficacy of the fingerprint reader. The 5c is a second tier phone reflected in it’s price.

Now about the camera. Every cell phone since my flip-phone LG has been used to take very nice opportunistic photos. Even that old 1.3 megapixel sensor captured some great keepers. Through the various LG flip phones, into Blackberry and now Apple, I have captured keepers and have taken thousands of photos through the years.

After getting my iphone on one occasion I left my photography equipment home thinking my iphone could be a small and wonderful substitute. I was disappointed with the snaps I ended up with. It was a tough lighting situation, but I thought the iphone could handle it. Unfortunately I was wrong, lesson learned.

In the right lighting, I think the iphone is so good you would be hard pressed to tell the difference with the same photo taken by a high end pro-DSLR. But there also seems to be some very noticeable compression issues at work on the 5s, something I never noticed with other camera phones. But have noticed on my 5s. There’s another thread on imore about this issue.

So my conclusion: from what I can gather from reviews and my own use the camera in the iphone 5s, is either at the top or near the top in it's segment. But also over-hyped.
    Attached Thumbnails And I crazy?  Returned my 5s for a 5c....-img_0196.png  
    Last edited by i7guy; 01-19-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    thejasonhowell likes this.
    01-19-2014 10:05 AM
    Really appreciate info re 5c. How many GB's do you have? 16, 32, or 64? I currently am using a Hauwei 8800.
    01-19-2014 03:27 PM
    I did the same thing - but for similar but different reasons. Recently dropped ATT because I could rent a studio apartment for the monthly cost of the cell plan. Went to Tmobile where we happily picked up two 16GB 5C's to replace our pair of 64GB 5S's (which are now resting as paperweights) But the choice was two fold - like you, we just didn't "need" all the stuff, and decided to cut back in monthly bill and the cell phone itself - however, the move had to sacrifice no loss of service of performance and we achieved that I say you were brilliant!
    02-05-2014 01:31 PM
    Im not entirely comfortable with the fingerprint reader either. just a personal feeling, but I just see this as another Government collection option IMO..to that, I say no thanks - even if it is borderline conspiracy theory
    02-05-2014 01:36 PM
    Im not entirely comfortable with the fingerprint reader either. just a personal feeling, but I just see this as another Government collection option IMO..to that, I say no thanks - even if it is borderline conspiracy theory
    Given what the NSA is doing, I'd say fingerprints are the last thing you should be worried about.
    02-07-2014 09:35 PM
    I like the idea of the 5c and don't mind the idea of plastic (when done right). If they had offered some masculine colors other than white I may have chosen one. Black, dark grey, navy, wine/maroon? ...but IMO Apple was scared offering such sliqness would have interrupted sales of the more costly 5S. That's okay, I'm happy with the Space Grey and Silver I ended up with.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    02-08-2014 08:53 AM
    Friends don't let friends buy plastic iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-08-2014 10:06 AM
    Friends don't let friends buy plastic iPhones.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    (laughing)…I like that…
    02-08-2014 10:08 AM
    I have 5c and i can't say nothung bad about the phone.
    Only thing i mind is screan.
    I came from s4 mini and it bit anoing to se gorila with ni scratches what si ever after 6 monts and see thini scratches on iphone after just 2 days of use.
    Dont get me wrong iphone is better the samsung (5c over s4 mini) just this thing about screan. Could they do some more eford un that area?
    Non the les, 5c is stunnig phone.
    And dont even mind the plastic. Just oposite. Feels grate in the hand and i dont entend to smash it on the ground. So plastuc case has + from me.

Sent from iPhone
    02-08-2014 03:53 PM
    I have 5c and i can't say nothung bad about the phone.
    Only thing i mind is screan.
    I came from s4 mini and it bit anoing to se gorila with ni scratches what si ever after 6 monts and see thini scratches on iphone after just 2 days of use.
    Dont get me wrong iphone is better the samsung (5c over s4 mini) just this thing about screan. Could they do some more eford un that area?
    Non the les, 5c is stunnig phone.
    And dont even mind the plastic. Just oposite. Feels grate in the hand and i dont entend to smash it on the ground. So plastuc case has + from me.

Sent from iPhone
    No harm meant but what happened with your post? After the first two and a half sentences I gave up trying to decipher it.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    Last edited by iRiidium; 02-08-2014 at 05:32 PM.
    02-08-2014 04:43 PM
52 123