Okay, so I bought an iphone 5C in singapore, paid full price for it. They put in a singaporean sim card inside and activated it. I used the phone on wifi for about a week and then flew to thailand where I am now. The phone is a gift so I reset the phone before I came here. Now when I took it the local carrier here, when they put in their sim card inside it says that the sim is not supported. I have a singaporean sim card but it's not a nano sim, so I can't even put it inside the iphone to activate it.

What are my options?
    09-28-2013 06:23 AM
    Okay, so I bought an iphone 5C in singapore, paid full price for it. They put in a singaporean sim card inside and activated it. I used the phone on wifi for about a week and then flew to thailand where I am now. The phone is a gift so I reset the phone before I came here. Now when I took it the local carrier here, when they put in their sim card inside it says that the sim is not supported. I have a singaporean sim card but it's not a nano sim, so I can't even put it inside the iphone to activate it.

What are my options?
    If your local wireless provider cannot provide you with a proper sized SIM, you may be forced into to picking up a tool called a SIM cutter. What this does is cut down your existing SIM to fit. eBay has a wide selection of SIM cutters for very reasonable prices.
    09-28-2013 11:14 AM

What are my options?
    Aside from advice above about cutting the Singaporean sim, also should look into carrier-unlocking it, given that you paid full price.

Hopefully the original carrier will play ball. Other sources of unlocks ... I know of people who've done it, but I never like going through those sites. And availability of all this depends on the original carrier, of course.
    09-28-2013 11:18 AM