LOL @Att Rep while ordering the 5C

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So I am buying my cousin an iphone 5C for their birthday in Green from At&t

So I am asking questions about Storage and I was told the iphone 5C comes with 16GB(which I knew) and icloud...But it also has MicroSD support?

LOL I was like huh? I thought apple was Anti-Micro SD.

So when I told her I don't think iPhones have MicroSd cards she proceeds to tell me that they(the iPhone 5S and 5C) both come with it as a new feature and that we can go ahead and purchase an SD card if we liked. I said we'd play it by ear.

I am almost certain that Apple has been against the SD card and nowadays most phone companies are removing them, so I am almost positive this girl had no idea what she was talking about.
LOL I was shocked because I usually expect reps to be dumb when it comes to windows phones(they usually are quite ignorant to that OS) but given that this is Apple Iphone, I was actually shocked
she was giving off wrong information.

But then again I could be wrong...does the Iphone 5C(or 5S) have an SD card or not? :p

Also I find it odd Att.com offers overnight shipping for $14.95 but Att over the phone can't do overnight but they can offer Priority(2day) shipping for the same price as overnight. I had to order over the phone due to some weird issue with my card initially.

Nogitsune Micah

May 25, 2013
Visit site
No, there's no SD card slot on any iPhone...

That's what I figured. I'm a Lumia boy and I am still adjusting to this experiment with the iphone and I looked all over this 5S body and didn't see one :p
Hopefully she didn't misinform any other person thinking they can expand storage.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple wants control over every aspect in its phones.

Which people make fun of, until the iPhones are seen as rock-solid and Android phones crash and get bogged down left and right...

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's what I figured. I'm a Lumia boy and I am still adjusting to this experiment with the iphone and I looked all over this 5S body and didn't see one :p
Hopefully she didn't misinform any other person thinking they can expand storage.

Give the store a call and let them know their employees are misinforming customers. Unfortunately, many people today try to take advantage of everyone (I am in banking and see it first hand all the time). It always bugs me.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
frankly my suspicion is that she is on commision and pressured to sell accessories, and may just be flat out lying to get you to buy an SD card. I'd report her.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So I am buying my cousin an iphone 5C for their birthday in Green from At&t

So I am asking questions about Storage and I was told the iphone 5C comes with 16GB(which I knew) and icloud...But it also has MicroSD support?

LOL I was like huh? I thought apple was Anti-Micro SD.

So when I told her I don't think iPhones have MicroSd cards she proceeds to tell me that they(the iPhone 5S and 5C) both come with it as a new feature and that we can go ahead and purchase an SD card if we liked. I said we'd play it by ear.

I am almost certain that Apple has been against the SD card and nowadays most phone companies are removing them, so I am almost positive this girl had no idea what she was talking about.
LOL I was shocked because I usually expect reps to be dumb when it comes to windows phones(they usually are quite ignorant to that OS) but given that this is Apple Iphone, I was actually shocked
she was giving off wrong information.

But then again I could be wrong...does the Iphone 5C(or 5S) have an SD card or not? :p

Also I find it odd Att.com offers overnight shipping for $14.95 but Att over the phone can't do overnight but they can offer Priority(2day) shipping for the same price as overnight. I had to order over the phone due to some weird issue with my card initially.

I would have simply asked her to take the floor sample iPhone 5S and 5C and show you where the memory card goes. Either she’s ignorant of the devices that she is selling or she's lying to increase her paycheck. Either way, she needs to be reported.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
She probably was getting a bonus for pushing the iPhone at that time. When they are getting a bonus for any phone they will say anything. All sales people do.

It's best to just not speak with AT&T reps. Just tell them the phone you want, pay, and leave. It's likely you know a lot more about phones than they do.

muqtadaegenie

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
lol, that is hilarious, how did you get them, through google search, if yes then on first page, i think there are certain quite professional companies offering cell phone services

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Most likely misinformed, not trying to mislead customers. We all know reps aren't always the most knowledgeable people about new phones.

- Matt

trandz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I always laugh at their stupidity. I was looking at the S4 when it came out and some guy was having problems because his screen wasn't rotating. I'm hearing the convo and their troubleshooting irrelevant crap until I get annoyed and ask to see his phone. Of course his rotation lock was toggled so I untoggled it, handed him the phone, and smiled. The rep looked at me like -___-

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I always laugh at their stupidity. I was looking at the S4 when it came out and some guy was having problems because his screen wasn't rotating. I'm hearing the convo and their troubleshooting irrelevant crap until I get annoyed and ask to see his phone. Of course his rotation lock was toggled so I untoggled it, handed him the phone, and smiled. The rep looked at me like -___-

Haaha

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site

LOL! Well done sir..Well done.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro