You're point is misplaced. We aren't talking about buying off contract. It's 199 bucks which every hi end phone sells for today. A galaxy s4, HTC one, windows phone 1020, LG g2, blackberry z10 etc etc.

What are we talking about here people????
    09-17-2013 09:32 PM
    Considering the fact that both phones have LTE, the difference between the high-end model (5s) vs the midrange model (5c) isn't nearly as huge as it was last year when you had the 5 vs the 4s. You're not getting a larger or better screen or faster data speeds so it's much less of a sacrifice to go midrange. Faced with the same decision last year, I definitely would have urged people to find the extra $100 to get the iPhone 5 vs the iPhone 4s. The bigger screen, LTE compatibility, and the lack of a glass back panel was easily worth it. This year it's a smaller jump in specs so I wouldn't talk anyone out of trying to buy the 5c.
    09-17-2013 10:10 PM
    You're point is misplaced. We aren't talking about buying off contract. It's 199 bucks which every hi end phone sells for today. A galaxy s4, HTC one, windows phone 1020, LG g2, blackberry z10 etc etc.

What are we talking about here people????
    The Z10 is a penny on contract at AT&T. Most of the others you listed are also less than $100 - most WAY under, including the S4.

If you live on a budget, you stick with the budget. You can probably spend the one cent for a Z10 and never notice it missing (and be very unhappy with the purchase), but $100 buys a lot of school clothes, cleaning supplies, (notice I'm leaving out food), movie tickets, etc.

But to get back on topic, the 5C is still a slight step up from the 5, and for the majority of consumers, it's an awesome choice.

We are not going to stay on topic so that mods don't have to start deleting OT posts. Thank you in advance!
    09-18-2013 08:40 AM
    I'd generally recommend the 5S. As for the 5C vs the iphone 5, they're basically the same thing so it's just preference. I don't consider the 100 dollar difference to be significant but if it is to you, then your choice is already made. Since your monthly carrier plan is the real price you pay for a smartphone, if 100 dollars makes or breaks you, then I'd look at prepaid as well.

Aio Wireless AIO wireless is owned by AT&T. 55 a month gets you 2gb data (LTE), unlimited data and texts...taxes and fees included. AT&T's coverage map is your coverage map. In addition, 3rd month is free right now.

For AT&T mobile share, it's 95 a month (before taxes & fees) for the same. For the traditional mobile plan for AT&T individual it's 89 a month (before taxes and fees) for 450 voice minutes and 3gb data.

So that's 55 vs 95 vs 89. (With taxes and fees included, expect those two AT&T plans to be over a 100 per month).
    09-18-2013 08:44 AM
29 12