Who else thinks there should have been a 8gb model available?

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok so part of the feelings of the 5c being too much is because 1 person somewhere put out that the 5c was going to be inexpensive to allow other markets to get on the iPhone bandwagon and others just sort of ran with that notion. However I really think they should have started this model at 8gb and offered it free on contract and priced around $350 off contract and then offered a 16gb and possible 32 gb models with the higher prices. I think this way because unless there are just a bunch of 4s parts and/or phones left over from 2 years ago why would they continue to produce this model? I would think they would still sell just as many of the 16gb/32gb models but would also capture more android customers and not mention the lower entry price point would work better in the other markets that were the "reason"for the 5c to begin. Just my 2 cents, anyone else have a similar opinion or reasoning as to why the make a phone that is seemingly more expensive to make and that doesn't use the current chargers and accessories as opposed to unifying their product line further.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok so part of the feelings of the 5c being too much is because 1 person somewhere put out that the 5c was going to be inexpensive to allow other markets to get on the iPhone bandwagon and others just sort of ran with that notion. However I really think they should have started this model at 8gb and offered it free on contract and priced around $350 off contract and then offered a 16gb and possible 32 gb models with the higher prices. I think this way because unless there are just a bunch of 4s parts and/or phones left over from 2 years ago why would they continue to produce this model? I would think they would still sell just as many of the 16gb/32gb models but would also capture more android customers and not mention the lower entry price point would work better in the other markets that were the "reason"for the 5c to begin. Just my 2 cents, anyone else have a similar opinion or reasoning as to why the make a phone that is seemingly more expensive to make and that doesn't use the current chargers and accessories as opposed to unifying their product line further.

The "free with contract" phone is the iPhone 4S, which is an 8 gb model. There’s already a hell fire and brimstone discussion about that phone only having 8 gb of storage ... no way Apple would do what you are suggesting. And the fact that the rumor mongers got the price/purpose of the new iPhone 5C wrong is of no consequence to anyone at Apple. Apple knows why they created it and what its intended market was...

The bottom line is that a new customer can still get a FREE iPhone with a contract...

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
The "free with contract" phone is the iPhone 4S, which is an 8 gb model. There’s already a hell fire and brimstone discussion about that phone only having 8 gb of storage ... no way Apple would do what you are suggesting. And the fact that the rumor mongers got the price/purpose of the new iPhone 5C wrong is of no consequence to anyone at Apple. Apple knows why they created it and what its intended market was...

The bottom line is that a new customer can still get a FREE iPhone with a contract...

I am well aware of that, but why would they continue to produce something that the parts cost more and that don't use the same lightening connector as their other products? I don't know where you got from my post that I said it was Apples problem, I said one person said it and everyone else just went with it. People shouldn't complain about 8gb if they want a free phone lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods