• iPhone 5C

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • iPhone 5S

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

jridgers

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 right now and I was planning on spending about $99 on whatever model that would get me when I upgrade. I think the 5C is a solid device and I'm not a huge app user, I'm not a gamer, and I think my iPhone 4 takes nice photos as it is. Should I go ahead and get the 5C or splurge and get the 5S?

Also what does 64-bit architecture get me if I'm not a huge app user or gamer?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 right now and I was planning on spending about $99 on whatever model that would get me when I upgrade. I think the 5C is a solid device and I'm not a huge app user, I'm not a gamer, and I think my iPhone 4 takes nice photos as it is. Should I go ahead and get the 5C or splurge and get the 5S?

Simply put, the iPhone 5C would be more than sufficient for you, based on what you've stated above.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I agree, get the 5C. If you don't use your phone for games, apps, or much of anything else other than a few apps and a phone/messaging device then the 64-Bit processor means nothing to you. It would only really seem like a speed improvement, but the 5C would even still be a more than sufficient bump in processing speed for your needs.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I think people who get the iPhone 5c instead of the 5s at those prices need to get their heads examined.

Cough up the extra money... The iPhone 5s will likely last you far longer due it's 64bit architecture.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I think people who get the iPhone 5c instead of the 5s at those prices need to get their heads examined.

Cough up the extra money... The iPhone 5s will likely last you far longer due it's 64bit architecture.

Yeah because 64bit has been in use long enough to make that statement, and all previous 32bit iPhones die after a few months.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Don't tell people to get their heads examined over a product they buy and make statements you cannot back up.

Look here. The pricing of the 5c makes no sense when you can get a future proof model for a little more.

And are you really going to debate the merits of 64bit vs 32bit going forward?

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Look here. The pricing of the 5c makes no sense when you can get a future proof model for a little more.

And are you really going to debate the merits of 64bit vs 32bit going forward?

Are you really going to debate that absolutely everyone at this point in time needs 64bit? The OP himself is a good enough example of 32 being sufficient enough for his needs.

People are still rocking iPhone 4 and 4s so I don't think future proofing is something people need to worry about.

Honestly if I wasn't someone who needed to have the latest and greatest in would probably have gotten a 5c over a 5s.

W1ck3D86

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
i would defintely buy an iphone 5S, as 5c is 599euro and 5S just a bit more so, if i have to pay 599 or 699 wont matter much

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Are you really going to debate that absolutely everyone at this point in time needs 64bit? The OP himself is a good enough example of 32 being sufficient enough for his needs.

People are still rocking iPhone 4 and 4s so I don't think future proofing is something people need to worry about.

Honestly if I wasn't someone who needed to have the latest and greatest in would probably have gotten a 5c over a 5s.

It's not about needing 64bit now but rather the pricing of the 5c making no sense when compared to the 5s, as well prospects going forward.

I have the GM on my iPhone 5 and there is still UI lag in many places. Try scrolling through a button list with the on/off labels turned on (like manage storage under iCloud in settings) ... Try switching apps from the app switcher...

The lag is terrible and doesn't make for a pleasant experience.

Also, iOS 7 was built for 64bit.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Absolutely. Getting the 5s is a nobrainer between the two considering price. The ones buying the 5c will be gifting, don't care, or will be more concerned with colors. That's the mainstream though.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It's not about needing 64bit now but rather the pricing of the 5c making no sense when compared to the 5s, as well prospects going forward.

I have the GM on my iPhone 5 and there is still UI lag in many places. Try scrolling through a button list with the on/off labels turned on (like manage storage under iCloud in settings) ... Try switching apps from the app switcher...

The lag is terrible and doesn't make for a pleasant experience.

Also, iOS 7 was built for 64bit.

For the op the 5c is what is needed the op said he wants to spend around 99 .. You said a little more you can get the 5s .. That's double what the op said so I don't consider that a little.
I just think it depends on what you will do with your phone .. 64 or 32 won't make a diff if you never really need the 64 to enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
For the op the 5c is what is needed the op said he wants to spend around 99 .. You said a little more you can get the 5s .. That's double what the op said so I don't consider that a little.
I just think it depends on what you will do with your phone .. 64 or 32 won't make a diff if you never really need the 64 to enjoy it.

As far as I'm concerned the extra $100 is worth it for the lag alone. The opening poster asked if he should splurge the extra money and I think he should.

Judging by how long he kept his iPhone 4 I think the 5s is the better investment for him in the long run.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
As far as I'm concerned the extra $100 is worth it for the lag alone. The opening poster asked if he should splurge the extra money and I think he should.

Judging by how long he kept his iPhone 4 I think the 5s is the better investment for him in the long run.

Coming from a 4 I think either one will be a excellent improvement lol

Angelo_Campher

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Coming from a 4 I think either one will be a excellent improvement lol

True, but that is short term thinking.

I'm really not happy with the way my iPhone 5 handles iOS 7. I could excuse it during the beta phase but not for a GM.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
True, but that is short term thinking.

I'm really not happy with the way my iPhone 5 handles iOS 7. I could excuse it during the beta phase but not for a GM.

I don't notice the lag really maybe it's just me .. I don't consider it short term if the op is coming from a 4 I'm sure a 5c or 5s will last 2 years without a problem .. But yes a 5s would be better if your willing to spend the Coin

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Okay, but I disagree. I think the people who are considering the iPhone 5C should get the device they want regardless of what anyone else thinks. It's their money and their decision to make, not ours. The OP clearly stated that he was not a huge app user or a gamer as well as is pleased with the camera that is on his current iPhone 4. Furthermore, he stated that was willing to fork over $99 for an upgrade. The 5C, in my opinion, fits his preferences. He does not need his head examined for just for thinking of buying that iPhone 5C instead of the iPhone 5S.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro